♫ Adult Purim Bash @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:30pm, $18, Megillah reading – Open bar – Hors d’oeuvres – Photo booth – Live music, Buy tix ♦ Film Screening Benefit: She’s Gotta Have It @ Dobbin St (64 Dobbin St), 7pm, $20, Dobbin St will be transformed into a luxury movie lounge with popcorn, chips, candy, ice cream sandwiches, cake pops, & chocolate mousse; cash bar & giveaways, Buy tix * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP ♦ Waiting for Guffman @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, FREE, Screening takes place in our Main Ballroom! Seating is first come first served, More info ☺ New Greta Has Friends @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 9pm, $5, We’re inviting an ALL STAR lineup of standups to inspire our improv set! More info
♫ John Nolan (of Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run) @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Diet Cig, Great Grandpa, The Spook School @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 8pm, $17, Buy tix ♫ The Undercover Dream Lovers, Future Generations, Wilder Maker @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Minimal Disco w/ Connie & Mira Fahrenheit @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE, New York DJs Connie Yin and Mira Fahrenheit come together once a month to get weird and play top-quality tunes, from Minimal to Disco… anything goes! More info Continue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
# A Taste of Japan Eats! @ Heritage Radio Network (100 Bogart St), 6pm, $40, Japan Eats! is coming to life, and you’ll have the opportunity to mingle with Akiko Katayama and some of her favorite guests and friends. Incredible small bites (Kaiseki, Spicy Dan Dan Ramen and Gyoza) and beverages included with ticket, Buy tix ♫ The Blues Bangers, Groove Protectors @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, More info
# Teas of Asia @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $20, Theresa Wong from T shop and Stephen Thomas from Rishi Tea, along with Sarah Rose as moderator (For All the Tea in China), will take you on a journey from the origins of tea in China to tea ceremonies in Asia to modern tea culture in the United States, Buy tix ♦ Calling The Circle @ Spaceworks Williamsburgh Library (240 Division St), 7pm, FREE, An open gathering space for Spaceworks artists and community members to come together to share their stories, experiences, and creativity. Bring something that’s meaningful to you or your culture, RSVP ♫ Goth Star Party w/ Rex Reid, Filthy Wayz, S.B. Rosa and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $8, Buy tix ♫ The Listeners, Drawing Boards, Bob Carol Ted, Lou Nutting @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ♫ INPUT Presents Outlier | Bonobo (Extended DJ Set) @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $30, More infoContinue reading →
* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Momentum/Rite of Wed: Bodywork / Hunter Vita / Nathan Kersaint @ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave), 6pm, FREE, More info * Kokrobitey Institute Talk @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 7pm, FREE, Elise McMahon and Sekou Neblett discuss their work together in Ghana surrounding how art and design play a role in the midst of a global discourse around sustainable development, RSVP * Kundalini Flow with Dani Katz @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $20, Exercise your body, mind, and spirit, open your channels, and live in a state of flow, RSVP ♫ Limited Resources 13 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Our one year anniversary show! Featuring the soothing sounds of Chris Pitsiokos (Sax Destroyer), Tim Dahl (Bass Wrangler), and Kevin Shea (Drum Machine), More info
^ “The Woman in the Window” Book Launch @ Space Ninety 8 (98 N 6th St), 6:30pm, FREE, “The Woman in the Window” is a twisty, Hitchcockian psychological thriller about an agoraphobic woman who believes she witnessed a crime in a neighboring house, More info ☺ Branded Content Presents: PETCO @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, We’ll be wearing Louis Vuitton Leashes, serving complimentary milk bones, and presenting comedy, More info ♫ Frendzone! // Dorisburg (live) / Octo Octa / Kellam Matthews @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ The Juan MacLean & Friends January Residency @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ An All Star Tribute to ACDC at Brooklyn Bowl @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $12, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Christmas Hymn Sing @ St. John’s Luthern Church (155 Milton St), 7pm, FREE, Everyone is invited to come sing our favorite Christmas hymns. All levels of ability are welcome, More info ♫ A Night of Poems and Songs @ Wayward Social (35 Ingraham St), 7:30pm, FREE, 40-minute sets of musical performance, followed by a 15-minutes set of poetry, and a short intermission before we begin again, More info ☺ RoFl8 Comedy Night @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 8pm, FREE, More info ♫ Hard Pass, Freezing Cold, Faith/Void, Chubbybunny @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8pm, $8, More info ♫ House of Vogue @ House of YES (2 Wyckoff Ave), 11pm, $10, MikeQ and his Qween Beat collective always bring the heat. Categories: Naughty (Runway), Nice (Performance), and a Surprise Category, Buy tix
* Winter Solstice Silent Yoga @ McCarren Play Center (776 Lorimer St), 7pm, FREE, This wonderful class will begin with an open meditation then move into a long vinyasa. Class will use “Sound Off” wireless glowing headphones, RSVP * Winter Solstice Restorative Yoga with Live Sitar @ Sacred Arts Research Foundation (107 Green St), 7pm, $20, A restorative yoga practice during the New Moon and Vata phase of the lunar cycle is best for balancing an overworked mind, hormones, emotions and energy, RSVP ♫ Teenagers in Love: An All-Vinyl Night of Doowop and Early Soul @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 9pm, FREE, Grab your sweetheart to keep you warm and head over for a special 45RPM-only set of doo-wop tunes and early soul, rock, and pop music, spun by your friend, Christian Storm, More info ♫ Clocking In | Billy Kenny @ The Panther Room (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Low Key ft. Machine Girl, Neybuu, Hunni’d Jaws + Low Key DJz @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 11pm, FREE, More info Continue reading →
♫ More Women in the Art World @ 188 Broadway, 6pm, FREE, Join us for an art exhibition, music, interviews, activities, and discussions. If you are a female-identifying person in the arts, we want to interview you at our event on what you think is missing in the art world! More info # Big Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive @ Anella (222 Franklin St), 6:30pm & 8:30pm Seatings, $75, Fundraiser dinner includes three-courses and wine. All proceeds go towards delivering toys to kids who are most impacted by homelessness, poverty and food insecurity throughout North Brooklyn. Join NYC Together, the local community, and Anella to bring kids in need some holiday cheer! Buy tix # Feed the Resistance with Julia Turshen and Jessica Harris @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Cookbook author Julia Turshen and food scholar Dr. Jessica Harris discuss ways we can become more politically engaged and active through the power of food and the dinner table, Buy tix ♫ Inventory @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Follow the journey Inventory has taken since its start in 2014, witnessing the diverse creations and unique style the company continues to develop, Buy tix ♫ The Dear Hunter @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $25, Buy tix # Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancini aplenty. Win Beer! Win Food! RSVP
♫ Re/IMAGINE: Holiday Ball for No Kid Hungry @ The William Vale (111 N 12th St), 7pm, $40 suggested, Peace Accelerators, we are SUPERNATURAL, and Future Clear will transform the Ballroom into an exploration of our high potential. Expect an immersive forum for radical inspiration and community activation and even possibly… romantic connection, Buy tix ♫ Honey Harper, Nicholas Nicholas, Calvin LeCompte @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Thank You Scientist / Bent Knee @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $15, Buy tix ☺ Drop the Mike @ Threes @ Franklin + Kent (113 Franklin St), 8pm, FREE, Drop the Mike 2nd year anniversary/holiday party hosted by Kendra Cunningham, More info Continue reading →
Our lips are chapped, our winter coats on, and our hearts and tummies are ready for some holiday treats and cheer – it must be time for the annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! This year, it’s going to be extra sweet: We’ll be transforming the Greenpoint Loft (67 West St) into a Winter Candyland of local vendors. Come join us and all our favorite indie Brooklyn businesses to reel in 2017 on a sugary high note Sunday, December 10th (1-7pm). RSVP here!
# Desserts of Nepal and Lebanon @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Rachana and Jeanette from The League of Kitchens will expand your dessert horizons by introducing you to sweet treats from their home countries, Nepal and Lebanon, respectively, Buy tix ♫ Ace Clark @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7pm, $15, A show full of R&B and Soul to support the release of Dia Malai’s debut project Echo Street, Buy tix ♫ Limited Resources 12 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Drone night at Limited Resources. Come vibrate to some sustained tones, More info
* Wildfire & Climate Change @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Columbia University’s Park Williams will discuss what we know on recent devastating wildfires in the United States and around the world, and their possible connections to human-caused climate change, RSVP ♫ Vinnie Moore, Gus G, Andee Blacksugar @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Gary Numan @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $30, Buy tix ☺ Branded Content 6 Month Anniversary Show! (Party City) @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Jackson Fisher and Simone Norman have spent the last 6 months traversing corporate America to learn what it truly means to #rep #that #brand. All of that is behind them now, More info ♫ FOMO Holiday House Party @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, RSVP Continue reading →
* Witchcraft 101: Saintcraft @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7:30pm, $20, Explore the age-old use of Catholic Saints and iconology within folk magic traditions throughout the world, Buy tix ♫ The Hold Steady @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $40, Buy tix ♫ Susie Ibarra (Album Release) w/ DreamTime Ensemble @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $15, The pieces for this album were inspired by the idea of perception and sensory experiences. Perception allows the ability to take in sensory information, make it into something meaningful and to interact with our environment, Buy tix
♦ Brickman Brothers Art Galla @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, The Brickman Brothers have decided to join forces to bring to you a night of our art. Accompanying the art will be amazing music spun on vinyl by Rich Chwastiak, More info # Vegan Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $20 or less, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna, RSVP * How To Love Yourself: Raw & Real w/ Kaela May @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $22, Discuss how we can actively release and shed the inner conflict & battle while shifting into ease & acceptance, RSVP ♫ Babylawns, Travis Alexander, Dodgeball, hammydown @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Ya’ll Ready for This @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 9:30pm, FREE, C’mon and slam!, More info Continue reading →
# Wobble Before You Gobble @ Le Fond (105 Norman Ave) Thanksgiving Eve cocktail party! Cut loose a lil’ before heading out of town. $6 aperitif specials, including house recipe Kir Royale and warm mulled wine, More info ♫ Thanksgiving Fest Trivia Night @ The Well (272 Meserole St), 8pm, FREE, Live music the whole night, trivia is free to play, and we are giving out amazing prizes to the top teams, More info ♫ Modern English w/ The Veldt @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Tiki Disco: Thanksgiving Eve | Lloydski/ Andy Pry/ Eli Escobar @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Nicky Siano’s Native New Yorker – Thanksgiving Eve & Love Tempo @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $15, Feel The Magic on the Dance floor while the Master of Disco Soul takes you on a Journey to the beginnings of NYC Nightlife Culture, Buy tix ♫ MORE LIFE: Drake Night @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway), 11pm, $10, Buy tix
* TENT Ministries’ Annual Thanksgiving @ Maria Hernandez Park (92 Irving Pl), 10am, FREE, Free hot food, delicious desserts, uplifting music, free sneakers, coats, frozen turkeys, and other giveaways, and most importantly, there will be prayer and fellowship, More info ♦ ‘Clue’ on a Loop with Brandy and Board Games! @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 4pm, FREE-ish, Happy Thanksgiving, monsieurs and mademoiselles. You’re cordially invited to a day full of mystery, board games, brandy, pumpkin pie, and MURDER (as the Thanksgiving tradition goes), More info ♫ A Night of Thanks @ Cape House (2 Knickerbocker Ave), 8pm, FREE, A night of friends, celebration, music and live art. Let’s turn a tragic holiday into a celebration of friendship and recognition of camaraderie, More info Continue reading →