GREEENPOINT OPEN STUDIOS | JUNE 2nd + 3rd, 12-6pm
Greenpoint Open Studios (GOS) returns with more than 400 local artists, who will open up their studios to the public to showcase their works. Free and open to everyone! Visitors will have the opportunity to engage directly with artists in their own spaces, including painters, sculptors, video and installation artists, photographers, printmakers, ceramicists, designers, architects and more. This year GOS is offering several guided tours, workshops and additional fun art events all over the neighborhood.
Full schedule of events (including a Launch Party at Java Studios Friday night, Wrap Party at Northern Territory Sunday night) and tour registrations can be found here.
A map of all the artists’ studios can be found here.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
* Extreme Cities: On Water Contamination and Urban Adaptation @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE, The future of cities and their role in mitigating climate change. RSVP
^ Evergreen Review @ Bizarre Bar (12 Jefferson St.), 7pm, FREE, readings, prizes and more, More Info
* War Witch: The Art of the Curse @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.), 7pm, $20, jinxes, hexes, curses and challenging the ethics of witchcraft, Buy Tix
♫ Menjuje, Rose Cologne, Purracuda @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Avenue.), 8:00pm, $7, More Info
♫ TEST/Bandit/Organ Dealer/Chepang/Bea$ters @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix
♫ Starina and I Am The Polish Army @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More Info
♫ 3 Year Anniversary: Friends b2b Family ~up and down~@ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl.), 10pm, FREE, Black Flamingo’s celebrating its 3 year anniversary, RSVP
* GREENPOINT OPEN STUDIOS 2018 LAUNCH PARTY
@ Java Studios (252 Java St.), 7:30pm, FREE
We’re kicking off Greenpoint Open Studios in style, at Java Studios! Art, performances, music, food + booze! *Free Moscow Mules for the first hour!
♫ field trip, Ghost King, Clara Joy, Marinara @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 8pm, $10 More Info
♫ RESONANCE anniversary pt. 2: Hanne & Lore, Mike Book b2b Daniel Jaeger @ The Paper Box (17 Meadow St.), 10pm, $25-45, Buy Tix
♫ Live DJ Set + Video Projections @ Magick City (37 Box Street), 10am, FREE, Part of Greenpoint Open Studios, get your groove on with music and art by The Josh Craig, and art by Amanda Morales, Mi$$ V, Rhibot Art, More Info
* Go Green! Brooklyn Festival 2018 @ McCarren Park (776 Lorimer St.), 12pm, FREE, discover and learn about the many brilliant sustainability initiatives in North Brooklyn More Info
* Kingsland Wildflowers Reception + Sunset Cocktail Hour @ Kingsland Wildflowers (520 Kingsland Avenue), 6pm, FREE, cocktails and performances on the green roof, More Info
♫ Universal Love 002 @ Magick City (37 Box Street), 10pm, suggested donation $10-15, a quarterly fundraiser supporting Love Injection Fanzine, Buy Tix
* GREENPOINT OPEN STUDIOS WRAP PARTY @ Northern Territory (12 Franklin St.), 6:30pm, FREE, Join other local creatives to wind down the art-filled weekend festivities on Northern Territory’s beautiful rooftop with beer, food, music, good vibes, and a view of the Manhattan skyline, RSVP
♫ Pirate Studios x Greenpoint Open Studios DAY PARTY @ Pirate Studios (19 Division Pl.), 12pm, FREE, tour the studio and enjoy music, food and free stuff noon-6 Saturday and Sunday, More Info
^ The Rock and Roll Explorer Guide to New York City @ Rough Trade (64 North 9th), 2pm, FREE, Rock’s development in NYC, More Info
* Design Your Park! NYC Parks Public Visioning Session for 50 Kent @ Bushwick Inlet Park (86 Kent Ave.), 6pm, FREE, More Info
♫ The Body as Your Instrument: The Diaphragm @ Third Rail Projects (697 Grand Street, PMB 126), 6:30pm, $40, Buy Tix
^ A Night of Two Vessels: An Evening with Daniel Gumbiner @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, FREE, with McSweeney’s author Daniel Gumbiner and Deputy Editor of The Believer Hayden Bennett. Featuring introspective pauses, snacks, rites, and rum, RSVP
♫ Hans Chew, Geezer, Rattlesnake ! Rooftop Concert ! @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 7:30pm, $10, More Info
* Greenpointers Pick
^ Literary Event
# Foodie Event