Saturday @The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave) Brokelyn teams up with Supercrush Studio to present an official Northside Festival Showcase! With Grim Streaker, Native Sun, Lola Pistola, and Yaasss is a line up that brings a range of music from noise meets skate goth, loud and melodic indie rock, dream pop and alt-grunge, to kinky glam psych rock. It’s a matinee show so start your day early with a kick ass show!
♫ Northside Festival @ North Brooklyn, 10am, Badges $75+ and prices vary to individual shows, Northside kicks off its 10th anniversary with shows and events all weekend. Buy Tix ♫ Computer Magic, Exhibition (DJ Sets) @ Elsewhere Rooftop (599 Johnson Ave.), 5pm, FREE, part of Summer happy hour, featuring sunshine and slushies, RSVP ♫# Vegan Bash @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 6pm, FREE, Vegan vendors, live performances, and music, More Info ♫ The Murder Junkies,Chesty Malone&The Slice Em Ups,Skum City+MORE @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St.), 7:00pm, $13, Buy Tix
♦ Workspace Exhibition Opening: Shawna X, @ A/D/O (29 Norman Avenue), 7pm, FREE, large-scale sculpture work by artist and visual designer Shawna X in her new series “F*** Your Manners,” RSVP ♫ Palto Flats / Galtta – Northside Fest BJTV /Lauds /Scott Kiernan @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix ♦ Aimee Plauche & Performers present: she sang like she was crying @ Tiskelion Arts (106 Calyer St.), 8pm, $20, A raucous dance experience seeking to capture the space in which joy and grief coexist and challenge the social permissions restricting the presentation of women and female people, Buy Tix ♦ Filmmakers After-Party @ Loosie Rouge (91 S. 6th), 10pm, FREE, Hosted by Brooklyn Film Festival and Brooklyn Filmmakers Collective, More Info Continue reading →
Greenpoint Open Studios (GOS) returns with more than 400 local artists, who will open up their studios to the public to showcase their works. Free and open to everyone! Visitors will have the opportunity to engage directly with artists in their own spaces, including painters, sculptors, video and installation artists, photographers, printmakers, ceramicists, designers, architects and more. This year GOS is offering several guided tours, workshops and additional fun art events all over the neighborhood. Full schedule of events (including a Launch Party at Java Studios Friday night, Wrap Party at Northern Territory Sunday night) and tour registrations can be found here. A map of all the artists’ studios can be found here.
* Extreme Cities: On Water Contamination and Urban Adaptation @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE, The future of cities and their role in mitigating climate change. RSVP ^ Evergreen Review @ Bizarre Bar (12 Jefferson St.), 7pm, FREE, readings, prizes and more, More Info * War Witch: The Art of the Curse @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.), 7pm, $20, jinxes, hexes, curses and challenging the ethics of witchcraft, Buy Tix ♫ Menjuje, Rose Cologne, Purracuda @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Avenue.), 8:00pm, $7, More Info
☺Physically Bold Comedy Show @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St.), 7pm, FREE, More Info Buy Tix ♫ TEST/Bandit/Organ Dealer/Chepang/Bea$ters @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ Starina and I Am The Polish Army @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More Info ♫ 3 Year Anniversary: Friends b2b Family ~up and down~@ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl.), 10pm, FREE, Black Flamingo’s celebrating its 3 year anniversary, RSVP Continue reading →
Shared Living, Better Living @ADO (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, A lively panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities presented by shared living, More Info ♦ Paint Nite @ Sick Willie (174 Meserole Ave), 7pm, $65, Our Social Painting Instructor guides you step-by-step through the featured painting in about two hours. Buy Tix ^ Okoyomon / Hamilton / Hodson @Spoonbill Series (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, A reading curated by Coco Fitterman, More info * TRIVIA NIGHT @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, Trivia with our news editor! Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP
# Passover Seder Potluck @The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 6pm, FREE, More Info. Blending Herbal Smokes @Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20,In this workshop we will discuss the various herbs which are safe to be burnt and inhaled to manifest our highest intentions, Buy Tix ☺ New Comedy Project With Greenport Harbor Brewing @ The New Work Project (97 North 10th St), 7:30 pm, $10, Comedians you’ve seen on Comedy Central, Conan, MTV & more join us at The New Work Project for a night of comedy and free refreshments provided by Greenport Harbor Brewing, Buy tix ♫ The Rocket Queens (GNR Tribute), Wildstreet, FerreTT @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Avenue), 7:30pm, $8-12, Buy tix ♦ Gentrification Express Screening @Sunview Luncheonette (221 Nassau Ave), 7:30pm, FREE,”Gentrification Express: Breaking Down the BQX” and other short films, More Info
The 17th of March is almost upon us, where wearing green and downing a Guinness (or two) are required salutes to the Irish spirit. Though historically more Polish and Italian than Irish, we’ve still got a list of things to do and pubs to frequent with Celtic roots. So go get your green on, Greenpoint.
Midnight Market, a super fun alternative to the expected bar scene, is coming to Greenpoint for St. Patrick’s Day. On March 17th this popular Jersey city based 21+ Foodie Nightlife Event is hopping across the Hudson and East River and landing at the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse on 73 West St. One of their two bars will be hosted by East Williamsburg’s own Win Son; and their vendor list that spans the NYC & NJ foodie scene. Expect $5 food options, $5 drink specials, an all-night DJ, and good vibes.
Highlights: $5 drink specials, Live DJ, Eclectic mix of Food Vendors, Cash Only
For just $1 get a ride to nearby subway stations to/from Greenpoint with Via, an on-demand ridesharing app!! Download the app here and set your pick up or drop-off location by moving the pin on the map to the locations for any of the following train stations:
^ Tables of Contents Reading Series: Hunt! Gerrard! Caldwell! @Egg (109 North 3rd St), 7pm, $5, Each reading will be paired with snacks inspired by its text, plus you’ll be in for an author-curated playlist and a rangy Q&A/discussion on writing, craft, aversion, and creativity to wrap up the night. Beer and wine will be available for purchase, and WORD will be present slinging text, More info ☺ Ladies Who Ranch @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 8pm, $5-10, Group of women does jokes for laughs at comedy show to change the national conversation. The show is followed by the Ladies Who Ranch Open Mic, an experimental comedy mic that especially encourages multimedia performances, More info ♫# Live Flamenco in St Charles Cellar @St. Mazie Bar (345 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, A night of authentic Flamenco in our beautiful speakeasy. Full dinner menu available as well as a 3 course Pre fixe menu, cocktails, absinthe and more… Ole!, More info ♫ Carte Blanche @Radegast Hall (113 N 3rd St), 9pm, FREE,French, Latin and American tunes while you sample the incredible selection of authentic german beers on tap and maybe have a giant german pretzel or bratwurst from the grill!! Space to dance!, More info
* Kombrewcha’s International Women’s Day Celebration @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:00pm, $3, Boss Ladies doing big things. We’ll be hosting a panel on Women Who Do. Buy tix * NYC DRAFT Meetup @ PencilWorks (61 Greenpoint Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Fast-paced hour of ideas, entrepreneurs and bikes, capturing the exciting things happening in the bike industry, RSVP ♫ ♦ Art on the Airwaves @ Union Docs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30 pm, $10, A showcase of radio documentary selected by James T. Green, cofounder of Postloudness, a collective of independent audio shows by people of color, women, and queer-identified hosts that aims to create a community of unique voices in audio. Buy tix ♫ Anna McClellan (Record Release), Navy Gangs @ ALPHAVILLE (140 Wilson Avenue), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Mughal Legion 3 Ft. Fanaa @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Part 3 of a monthly-ish series of musical rites to be performed at Legion Bar, curated by Mughal Muesli. More info Continue reading →
* Superfun/d Series @ Kings County Brewers Collective (381 Troutman St), 6pm, FREE, Learn about the latest happenings on our local superfund waterway: Newtown Creek. Will include a brief presentation reviewing the current state of the Creek including larger clean-up efforts and grassroots projects, More info ♫ Social Sounds feat. Johnny Petrop, Trey Nostalgia, and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, FREE, More info * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Rice Balls! Win Cookies! More info * Blue Blood Supermoon Eclipse Experience @ Narayana Integrative Center (191 Nassau Ave), 8:15pm, $40, Skywatchers across much of the world will receive a post holiday gift: the total lunar eclipse of a full supermoon that is also a Blue Moon, Buy tix ♫ Megg Farrell & Friends @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info
# Dinners of the Past: Beefsteak @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $65, In conjunction with chef Josh Stokes and food entrepreneur Franz Aliquo, we’re bringing back this historic, stylized New York City institution of gluttony with an evening of all-you-can-eat steak & all-you-can-drink beer, Buy tix ♦ Alizé Carrère presents Adaptation: Bangladesh @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Alizé Carrère documents her case studies in the web series Adaptation, revealing human ingenuity and resourcefulness in the face of environmental adversity, RSVP ☺ Branded Content Presents: Russell Stover @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Celebrate of life, love, and nougat, brought to you by Russel Stover Candies, More info ♫ SYNTHICIDE // 80s to the maxx edition @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave), 10pm, FREE, Fog machines & laser rays, More infoContinue reading →
# A Taste of Japan Eats! @ Heritage Radio Network (100 Bogart St), 6pm, $40, Japan Eats! is coming to life, and you’ll have the opportunity to mingle with Akiko Katayama and some of her favorite guests and friends. Incredible small bites (Kaiseki, Spicy Dan Dan Ramen and Gyoza) and beverages included with ticket, Buy tix ♫ The Blues Bangers, Groove Protectors @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, More info
# Teas of Asia @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $20, Theresa Wong from T shop and Stephen Thomas from Rishi Tea, along with Sarah Rose as moderator (For All the Tea in China), will take you on a journey from the origins of tea in China to tea ceremonies in Asia to modern tea culture in the United States, Buy tix ♦ Calling The Circle @ Spaceworks Williamsburgh Library (240 Division St), 7pm, FREE, An open gathering space for Spaceworks artists and community members to come together to share their stories, experiences, and creativity. Bring something that’s meaningful to you or your culture, RSVP ♫ Goth Star Party w/ Rex Reid, Filthy Wayz, S.B. Rosa and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $8, Buy tix ♫ The Listeners, Drawing Boards, Bob Carol Ted, Lou Nutting @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ♫ INPUT Presents Outlier | Bonobo (Extended DJ Set) @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $30, More infoContinue reading →
* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Momentum/Rite of Wed: Bodywork / Hunter Vita / Nathan Kersaint @ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave), 6pm, FREE, More info * Kokrobitey Institute Talk @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 7pm, FREE, Elise McMahon and Sekou Neblett discuss their work together in Ghana surrounding how art and design play a role in the midst of a global discourse around sustainable development, RSVP * Kundalini Flow with Dani Katz @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $20, Exercise your body, mind, and spirit, open your channels, and live in a state of flow, RSVP ♫ Limited Resources 13 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Our one year anniversary show! Featuring the soothing sounds of Chris Pitsiokos (Sax Destroyer), Tim Dahl (Bass Wrangler), and Kevin Shea (Drum Machine), More info
^ “The Woman in the Window” Book Launch @ Space Ninety 8 (98 N 6th St), 6:30pm, FREE, “The Woman in the Window” is a twisty, Hitchcockian psychological thriller about an agoraphobic woman who believes she witnessed a crime in a neighboring house, More info ☺ Branded Content Presents: PETCO @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, We’ll be wearing Louis Vuitton Leashes, serving complimentary milk bones, and presenting comedy, More info ♫ Frendzone! // Dorisburg (live) / Octo Octa / Kellam Matthews @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ The Juan MacLean & Friends January Residency @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ An All Star Tribute to ACDC at Brooklyn Bowl @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $12, Buy tixContinue reading →
Our lips are chapped, our winter coats on, and our hearts and tummies are ready for some holiday treats and cheer – it must be time for the annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! This year, it’s going to be extra sweet: We’ll be transforming the Greenpoint Loft (67 West St) into a Winter Candyland of local vendors. Come join us and all our favorite indie Brooklyn businesses to reel in 2017 on a sugary high note Sunday, December 10th (1-7pm). RSVP here!
# Desserts of Nepal and Lebanon @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Rachana and Jeanette from The League of Kitchens will expand your dessert horizons by introducing you to sweet treats from their home countries, Nepal and Lebanon, respectively, Buy tix ♫ Ace Clark @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7pm, $15, A show full of R&B and Soul to support the release of Dia Malai’s debut project Echo Street, Buy tix ♫ Limited Resources 12 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Drone night at Limited Resources. Come vibrate to some sustained tones, More info
* Wildfire & Climate Change @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Columbia University’s Park Williams will discuss what we know on recent devastating wildfires in the United States and around the world, and their possible connections to human-caused climate change, RSVP ♫ Vinnie Moore, Gus G, Andee Blacksugar @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Gary Numan @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $30, Buy tix ☺ Branded Content 6 Month Anniversary Show! (Party City) @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Jackson Fisher and Simone Norman have spent the last 6 months traversing corporate America to learn what it truly means to #rep #that #brand. All of that is behind them now, More info ♫ FOMO Holiday House Party @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, RSVP Continue reading →