Cruel Summer: 80s + 90s Dance Party @ The Bell House (149 7th Street), Friday 8pm Get Into The Groove at an All Night Long dance party set to the soundtracks of the 80s and 90s with 80s anthems performed by kick-ass 10-piece cover band The Engagements, 90s hits spun by Party Like It’s 1999’s DJ Steve Reynolds, music video sing-alongs by SecretFormula, and 80s + 90s music videos from Music Video Time Machine. Just $5 in advance with promo code “Bananarama” or $10 at the door, Buy tix [Sponsored]
♫ Rodes Rollins, No Swoon @ Elsewhere Rooftop (599 Johnson Ave.), 5pm, FREE, RSVP * Evening Cha Dao Tea Ceremony @ Anima Mundi Apothecary (35 Noble St.), 6pm, $25, buy tix ♦ Dr. Strangelove @Bushwick Inlet Park (50 Kent Ave.) 8pm, FREE, pop up movie in the park includes free popcorn! More Info ♫ Balún Record Release Party w/ Mons Vi & Tigue @ Baby’s Alright (146 Broadway), 8pm, $10-12, Buy Tix
♫ Risky Business Presents: Special Guest: Tom & Collins/Risky Crew @The Roof (74 Wythe Ave.) 5pm, FREE, More Info ^ Aliza Kelly’s The Mixology of Astrology Book Launch @ Space Ninety 8 (98 N 6th St.) 6:30pm, FREE, astrology and cosmic cocktails, RSVP # Beyond Bagels: Jewish Food and Jewish Eating @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $25-30, Buy Tix ♫ Starina @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Avenue), 8pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Acid Mama @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl.), 10om, FREE, More Info
* National Hot Dog Day @ Clinton Hall (247 Metropolitan Ave.), 11am, $7, celebrate all day with Kimchi Hot Dogs, More Info ♫ POPC Rooftop Party & Fundraiser @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Avenue), 6pm, $10, DJs til late! POPC is an arts nonprofit that aims to amplify the voices of underrepresented people and causes through arts and performance, More Info ☺ No Cool Kids @ Starr Bar (214 Starr St.), 8pm, FREE, comedy about akward youth, RSVP ♦ Titanic @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 8pm, FREE, spend the evening with Jack and Rose, RSVP ♫ Noah PC Presents A Very Bad Room Special @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, FREE, more info
♦ RU Exhibition: Scrims & Blurs @El Museo de Los Sures (120 S. 1st. St.) 6pm, FREE, a navigable pathway of paintings, drawings, sculptures, collages, photographs and partially site-specific installations, More info ♦ Disassembly : Brooklyn. Opening Celebration. @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.) 6:30pm, FREE, a participatory art installation that explores our obsession with technology and the untold story of the consumer electronics lifecycle, RSVP * Beauty Rituals Panel @ Anima Mundi (35 Noble St.), 6:30pm, $30, join a conversation on the meaning of “Beauty,” and explore rituals and self care. Start with a special blended Beauty Elixir tea, delve into a panel discussion, and conclude with a DIY Customizable Vegan Chap stick Class, Buy Tix ☺ Laugh Riots Comedy Showcase @ GAMBA Forest (17 Division Pl.), 7pm, $5-7, Buy Tix ♫ Fitness & Wild Moccasins, Shiffley @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave.), 8pm, $15, Buy Tix * Stargazing on the Transmitter Pier @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Avenue.), 8:30pm, FREE, Members of the Amateur Astronomers Association of New York will provide telescopes to view celestial objects in the night sky on the Transmitter Park pier, More Info
♫ The Lot Radio 4th of July Block Party @ The Lot Radio (17 Nassau Avenue), 12pm, FREE, More Info ♫ YES 4th of July Extravaganza @ The House of YES (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 2pm, FREE before 5 with RSVP, $10 After RSVP ♫ Good Roof at Dobbin St with Nancy Whang (DJ set) & Love Tempo @ Dobbin St. (64 Dobbin St.), 5pm, $30 at the door, More Info. ♫ Fireworks at The Box House Hotel Rooftop! @ Box House Hotel (77 Box St.), 6pm, $125-150 ticket includes a drink, The first public event at the Box House Hotel, Greenpointers readers get $10 off tickets with the code “GREENPOINTERS,” Buy Tix
* Sex Trivia @ Starr Bar (214 Starr St.) 6pm, FREE, more info ♫ High Cost, Roseblood, MVA @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Avenue), 7pm, $10, Buy Tix ^ LAAB Launch ft. Ronald Wimberly @ Desert Island (540 Metropolitan Ave.), 7pm, FREE, a new periodical art magazine about identity, aesthetics and representation, more info ☺ Hot Goss W/ On The DL @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 7:30pm, FREE, improv, More Info
Saturday @The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave) Brokelyn teams up with Supercrush Studio to present an official Northside Festival Showcase! With Grim Streaker, Native Sun, Lola Pistola, and Yaasss is a line up that brings a range of music from noise meets skate goth, loud and melodic indie rock, dream pop and alt-grunge, to kinky glam psych rock. It’s a matinee show so start your day early with a kick ass show!
♫ Northside Festival @ North Brooklyn, 10am, Badges $75+ and prices vary to individual shows, Northside kicks off its 10th anniversary with shows and events all weekend. Buy Tix ♫ Computer Magic, Exhibition (DJ Sets) @ Elsewhere Rooftop (599 Johnson Ave.), 5pm, FREE, part of Summer happy hour, featuring sunshine and slushies, RSVP ♫# Vegan Bash @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 6pm, FREE, Vegan vendors, live performances, and music, More Info ♫ The Murder Junkies,Chesty Malone&The Slice Em Ups,Skum City+MORE @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St.), 7:00pm, $13, Buy Tix
♦ Workspace Exhibition Opening: Shawna X, @ A/D/O (29 Norman Avenue), 7pm, FREE, large-scale sculpture work by artist and visual designer Shawna X in her new series “F*** Your Manners,” RSVP ♫ Palto Flats / Galtta – Northside Fest BJTV /Lauds /Scott Kiernan @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix ♦ Aimee Plauche & Performers present: she sang like she was crying @ Tiskelion Arts (106 Calyer St.), 8pm, $20, A raucous dance experience seeking to capture the space in which joy and grief coexist and challenge the social permissions restricting the presentation of women and female people, Buy Tix ♦ Filmmakers After-Party @ Loosie Rouge (91 S. 6th), 10pm, FREE, Hosted by Brooklyn Film Festival and Brooklyn Filmmakers Collective, More Info Continue reading →
Greenpoint Open Studios (GOS) returns with more than 400 local artists, who will open up their studios to the public to showcase their works. Free and open to everyone! Visitors will have the opportunity to engage directly with artists in their own spaces, including painters, sculptors, video and installation artists, photographers, printmakers, ceramicists, designers, architects and more. This year GOS is offering several guided tours, workshops and additional fun art events all over the neighborhood. Full schedule of events (including a Launch Party at Java Studios Friday night, Wrap Party at Northern Territory Sunday night) and tour registrations can be found here. A map of all the artists’ studios can be found here.
* Extreme Cities: On Water Contamination and Urban Adaptation @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE, The future of cities and their role in mitigating climate change. RSVP ^ Evergreen Review @ Bizarre Bar (12 Jefferson St.), 7pm, FREE, readings, prizes and more, More Info * War Witch: The Art of the Curse @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.), 7pm, $20, jinxes, hexes, curses and challenging the ethics of witchcraft, Buy Tix ♫ Menjuje, Rose Cologne, Purracuda @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Avenue.), 8:00pm, $7, More Info
☺Physically Bold Comedy Show @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St.), 7pm, FREE, More Info Buy Tix ♫ TEST/Bandit/Organ Dealer/Chepang/Bea$ters @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ Starina and I Am The Polish Army @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More Info ♫ 3 Year Anniversary: Friends b2b Family ~up and down~@ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl.), 10pm, FREE, Black Flamingo’s celebrating its 3 year anniversary, RSVP Continue reading →
* 61 Franklin St Garden Fundraiser @The Diamond (43 Franklin St.), 6:30pm, $15-20, entry door gets you a free drink and the opportunity to give back to this sweet space. Expect an auction with awesome prizes. Buy Tix ♫ The Order of Elijah, Upon A Broken Throne, Fuck Your Birthday @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave.), 7:30pm, $8-10, Buy Tix ♫ Defeated Sanity, Behold…The Arctopus, Scaphism, Aeviterne @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:30pm, $15, Buy Tix * Trivia Night Birthday Bash!! @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8:00pm, FREE, Join our News Editor on her birthday for a very special Trivia Night!!! Once we’re done with the Q’s we’ll hang out for a party! RSVP
♫♦ Live Classical Bushwick Bash: Massivemuse Movie Night! @ Mayday Space (175 St. Nicholas Avenue), 7pm, $25, Silent Movie, Live Score, Free Beer, Buy Tix ♦ Time Let Me Play: Paul Rekret @ UnionDocs (322 Union Ave.), 7:30pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ VINYL Launch Party @ Molasses Books (770 Hart Street), 8pm, FREE, More Info ☺ Mrs. Doubtfire Entirely From Memory @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave.), 9pm, $10, Buy Tix Continue reading →
♦ Mean Girls with a Strawberry Daiquiri @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 6:30pm, $24, Buy Tix ^ The Garbage Times: Sam Pink with Jonny Diamond @ McNally Jackson Williamsburg (76 N. 4th St), 7pm, FREE, reading and Q+A, More info ♫ Rawhide, Pyrolatrous, Mirror Queen @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 8pm, $8, Buy Tix ♦ No Country For Old Men @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Avenue), 8pm, FREE, More Info
♦ Moniker International Art Fair @ Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (73 West Street), 5pm, $25, Moniker Art Fair makes its New York debut, Buy Tix ♦ Greenpoint Film Festival @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 6pm, $10-56, Buy Tix # The Language of Flavor in Honey @ MOFAD (62 Bayard), 6:30pm, $30, Italian-trained honey expert Carla Marina Marchese will show you how to taste and pair honey., Buy Tix ♫ She Spends One-Year Anniversary Party @ New Women’s Space (188 Woodpoint Rd.), 6:30pm, $10, Wine and La Croix will be provided for free. Bring a little cash to participate in raffles, Buy Tix Continue reading →
^Letters in the Dirt @The Brick (579 Metropolitan Avenue), 7pm, $20, This play places its audience face-to-face with the insightful Aiyana Jones— a seven-year-old girl fatally shot by police in 2010 during a botched raid in Detroit, now a symbol within the Movement for Black Lives. Buy Tix ♫ Full Frontal Female Fronted @Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave) 8pm, $5, Buy Tix ♫ Grand St. Stompers: 20s Jazz @Radegast (113 N 3rd St.), 9pm, FREE, Grab some German food & drink and join the quintet for dancing, listening, and hanging, More Info ☺ Freshly Baked: Cookies and Comedy @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Avenue), 9pm, FREE, rotating lineup, surprise special guests and homemade baked goods, More Info
* Economic Development Committee Mtg — Community Board 1 @ CB1 District Office (435 Graham Avenue), 6:30pm, FREE, More Info * Cacao Ceremony & Reiki Experience @Anima Mundi Herbals (35 Noble Street), 7pm, $40, Are you ready to cultivate a deep loving sensation within your heart? Are you ready to deepen your loving relationship with yourself and others? Buy Tix # Pasta Fresca Plate! @Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $20,Archestratus is very excited to kick off a new weekly dinner gathering! A relaxed evening of fresh, homemade pasta from a pasta-making Chef + Friend of Archie’s, RSVP ♫ Abraham Brody & Trys Keturiose: Ancestors @National Sawdust (80 N 6th St.), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ PULP FICTION LIVE performed by The Last Nites @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Avenue), 8pm, $12-15, Buy TixContinue reading →
♫ Adult Purim Bash @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:30pm, $18, Megillah reading – Open bar – Hors d’oeuvres – Photo booth – Live music, Buy tix ♦ Film Screening Benefit: She’s Gotta Have It @ Dobbin St (64 Dobbin St), 7pm, $20, Dobbin St will be transformed into a luxury movie lounge with popcorn, chips, candy, ice cream sandwiches, cake pops, & chocolate mousse; cash bar & giveaways, Buy tix * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP ♦ Waiting for Guffman @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, FREE, Screening takes place in our Main Ballroom! Seating is first come first served, More info ☺ New Greta Has Friends @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 9pm, $5, We’re inviting an ALL STAR lineup of standups to inspire our improv set! More info
♫ John Nolan (of Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run) @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Diet Cig, Great Grandpa, The Spook School @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 8pm, $17, Buy tix ♫ The Undercover Dream Lovers, Future Generations, Wilder Maker @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Minimal Disco w/ Connie & Mira Fahrenheit @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE, New York DJs Connie Yin and Mira Fahrenheit come together once a month to get weird and play top-quality tunes, from Minimal to Disco… anything goes! More info Continue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →