^Letters in the Dirt @The Brick (579 Metropolitan Avenue), 7pm, $20, This play places its audience face-to-face with the insightful Aiyana Jones— a seven-year-old girl fatally shot by police in 2010 during a botched raid in Detroit, now a symbol within the Movement for Black Lives. Buy Tix ♫ Full Frontal Female Fronted @Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave) 8pm, $5, Buy Tix ♫ Grand St. Stompers: 20s Jazz @Radegast (113 N 3rd St.), 9pm, FREE, Grab some German food & drink and join the quintet for dancing, listening, and hanging, More Info ☺ Freshly Baked: Cookies and Comedy @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Avenue), 9pm, FREE, rotating lineup, surprise special guests and homemade baked goods, More Info
* Economic Development Committee Mtg — Community Board 1 @ CB1 District Office (435 Graham Avenue), 6:30pm, FREE, More Info * Cacao Ceremony & Reiki Experience @Anima Mundi Herbals (35 Noble Street), 7pm, $40, Are you ready to cultivate a deep loving sensation within your heart? Are you ready to deepen your loving relationship with yourself and others? Buy Tix # Pasta Fresca Plate! @Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $20,Archestratus is very excited to kick off a new weekly dinner gathering! A relaxed evening of fresh, homemade pasta from a pasta-making Chef + Friend of Archie’s, RSVP ♫ Abraham Brody & Trys Keturiose: Ancestors @National Sawdust (80 N 6th St.), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ PULP FICTION LIVE performed by The Last Nites @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Avenue), 8pm, $12-15, Buy TixContinue reading →
Get ready for the warm weather with a new pair! Get $50 off any sunglasses April 1st thru May 31st.
Appointments also available to update your glasses & contacts.
^ My Ramones Book Release and Signing @Spoonbill Studios (99 Montrose Ave), 6pm, FREE, Danny Fields in conversation with Sacha Lecca Deputy Photo Editor at Rolling Stone. More Info ^ How Not To Compose That Poem: Marie Howe with Billy Hough, @McNally Jackson Williamsburg (76 North 4th) 7pm, FREE, More Info Witch Craft 101 @Catland (987 Flushing Avenue) 7pm, $20, An immersive experience which will break down the basics of spellcraft and welcome you to the world of practical magik, Buy Tix ♫ Withered, Wake, Gnaw, Nerveshatter at Saint Vitus @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:30pm, $12-15, Buy Tix
♫ The Patty Dukes // Jascha Hoffman // Aerynn (UK)// Luisa Muhr @Muchmores (2 Havemeyer St), 6pm, $10-20, Join us for an evening of new folk and spoken word, exploring themes of family, death, and compassionate living, More Info. * Box Street Park – Community Input meeting with NYC Parks Dept @Polish and Slavic Center (176 Java St.), 6pm, FREE, More Info ♦ Art Opening: Elliot Belokostolsky @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave), 7pm, FREE, Original pieces will be on display in the store. Art on display will also be for sale at time of the event. Month long art show from 4/5 – 5/5, More Info ♫ The Black Angels w/ Black Lips @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost Street), 7:30pm, $30, Buy tix ♫ Shifted ft. ClockworkDJ, DJ Mike Nasty, DJ Yamez, MoreSoupPlease @Schimanski (54 North 11th), 10pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
Shared Living, Better Living @ADO (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, A lively panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities presented by shared living, More Info ♦ Paint Nite @ Sick Willie (174 Meserole Ave), 7pm, $65, Our Social Painting Instructor guides you step-by-step through the featured painting in about two hours. Buy Tix ^ Okoyomon / Hamilton / Hodson @Spoonbill Series (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, A reading curated by Coco Fitterman, More info * TRIVIA NIGHT @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, Trivia with our news editor! Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP
# Passover Seder Potluck @The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 6pm, FREE, More Info. Blending Herbal Smokes @Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20,In this workshop we will discuss the various herbs which are safe to be burnt and inhaled to manifest our highest intentions, Buy Tix ☺ New Comedy Project With Greenport Harbor Brewing @ The New Work Project (97 North 10th St), 7:30 pm, $10, Comedians you’ve seen on Comedy Central, Conan, MTV & more join us at The New Work Project for a night of comedy and free refreshments provided by Greenport Harbor Brewing, Buy tix ♫ The Rocket Queens (GNR Tribute), Wildstreet, FerreTT @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Avenue), 7:30pm, $8-12, Buy tix ♦ Gentrification Express Screening @Sunview Luncheonette (221 Nassau Ave), 7:30pm, FREE,”Gentrification Express: Breaking Down the BQX” and other short films, More Info
# Global Tea Hut monthly gathering @ Puerh Brooklyn Tea Shop (174 Grand Street), 6pm, $5 suggested, Join our tea community for a relaxed gathering over tea. Open to all., More info ♦ The Simpsons Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Avenue), 6:45pm, FREE, It’s time for The Simpsons bingo! What better way to celebrate the longest running TV comedy of all time than with a good old ding-dong-diddily game of BINGO? Every Wednesday night we’ll be watching The Simpsons and playing BINGO. Watch for things like Duff beer, celebrity cameos, and the Itchy and Scratchy show. Listen for quotes like “D’oh!” “Eat my shorts!” and “Excellent…” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink (or doughnut that makes you go “Mmmm”)! More info ♫ Crowbar Artificial Brain Extinction A.D Kings Destroy Sunro @Brooklyn Bazzar (150 Greenpoint Avenue), 8pm, $14, Buy Tix ♫ Easy @Union Pool (848 Union Avenue), 8pm, $10-12, More info
* Juggling Taxes for Freelancers @ The Muse (350 Moffat St.), 5:00pm, FREE, Are you self-employed? Do you receive 1099s? Do you file a Schedule C? Then this class is for you – Brooklyn Coop wants to help you SAVE on your taxes! RSVP *# Edible Landscaping with Hortus Conclusus @ Lonard Library (81 Devoe St.), 6:30pm, FREE, With spring just around the corner, this edition of the Green Series features members from Hortus Conclusus, a Level II Arboretum, who teach us how to landscape our backyard garden using a rich diversity of edible fruiting plants from around the world, including the under-appreciated wild fruit from New York State’s native forest. RSVP ♫ Moon Tooth/Without Waves/Disparager/Juan Bond @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:00 pm, $10, Buy tix ♦ What is the Model City? @ UnionDocs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30pm, $10, Join architect and historian Susanne Schindler as she explains the origins, trajectory and legacies of the Great Society program launched in 1966, Buy tix ♫ Playing with Shadows: Drink and Draw @ Naive (299 South 4th Street), 8:30pm, $15, Joing us for a glass of wine, our relaxed, social vibe and two sessions with a semi-clothed model are all included in the price of the ticket. There won’t be an instructor, but a professional artist will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. You should bring your own supplies, but we will have pencils, printer paper and crayons on hand if you forget, More info Continue reading →
For just $1 get a ride to nearby subway stations to/from Greenpoint with Via, an on-demand ridesharing app!! Download the app here and set your pick up or drop-off location by moving the pin on the map to the locations for any of the following train stations:
^ Tables of Contents Reading Series: Hunt! Gerrard! Caldwell! @Egg (109 North 3rd St), 7pm, $5, Each reading will be paired with snacks inspired by its text, plus you’ll be in for an author-curated playlist and a rangy Q&A/discussion on writing, craft, aversion, and creativity to wrap up the night. Beer and wine will be available for purchase, and WORD will be present slinging text, More info ☺ Ladies Who Ranch @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 8pm, $5-10, Group of women does jokes for laughs at comedy show to change the national conversation. The show is followed by the Ladies Who Ranch Open Mic, an experimental comedy mic that especially encourages multimedia performances, More info ♫# Live Flamenco in St Charles Cellar @St. Mazie Bar (345 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, A night of authentic Flamenco in our beautiful speakeasy. Full dinner menu available as well as a 3 course Pre fixe menu, cocktails, absinthe and more… Ole!, More info ♫ Carte Blanche @Radegast Hall (113 N 3rd St), 9pm, FREE,French, Latin and American tunes while you sample the incredible selection of authentic german beers on tap and maybe have a giant german pretzel or bratwurst from the grill!! Space to dance!, More info
* Kombrewcha’s International Women’s Day Celebration @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:00pm, $3, Boss Ladies doing big things. We’ll be hosting a panel on Women Who Do. Buy tix * NYC DRAFT Meetup @ PencilWorks (61 Greenpoint Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Fast-paced hour of ideas, entrepreneurs and bikes, capturing the exciting things happening in the bike industry, RSVP ♫ ♦ Art on the Airwaves @ Union Docs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30 pm, $10, A showcase of radio documentary selected by James T. Green, cofounder of Postloudness, a collective of independent audio shows by people of color, women, and queer-identified hosts that aims to create a community of unique voices in audio. Buy tix ♫ Anna McClellan (Record Release), Navy Gangs @ ALPHAVILLE (140 Wilson Avenue), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Mughal Legion 3 Ft. Fanaa @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Part 3 of a monthly-ish series of musical rites to be performed at Legion Bar, curated by Mughal Muesli. More info Continue reading →
* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ More Women in the Art World @ 188 Broadway, 6pm, FREE, Join us for an art exhibition, music, interviews, activities, and discussions. If you are a female-identifying person in the arts, we want to interview you at our event on what you think is missing in the art world! More info # Big Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive @ Anella (222 Franklin St), 6:30pm & 8:30pm Seatings, $75, Fundraiser dinner includes three-courses and wine. All proceeds go towards delivering toys to kids who are most impacted by homelessness, poverty and food insecurity throughout North Brooklyn. Join NYC Together, the local community, and Anella to bring kids in need some holiday cheer! Buy tix # Feed the Resistance with Julia Turshen and Jessica Harris @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Cookbook author Julia Turshen and food scholar Dr. Jessica Harris discuss ways we can become more politically engaged and active through the power of food and the dinner table, Buy tix ♫ Inventory @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Follow the journey Inventory has taken since its start in 2014, witnessing the diverse creations and unique style the company continues to develop, Buy tix ♫ The Dear Hunter @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $25, Buy tix # Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancini aplenty. Win Beer! Win Food! RSVP
♫ Re/IMAGINE: Holiday Ball for No Kid Hungry @ The William Vale (111 N 12th St), 7pm, $40 suggested, Peace Accelerators, we are SUPERNATURAL, and Future Clear will transform the Ballroom into an exploration of our high potential. Expect an immersive forum for radical inspiration and community activation and even possibly… romantic connection, Buy tix ♫ Honey Harper, Nicholas Nicholas, Calvin LeCompte @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Thank You Scientist / Bent Knee @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $15, Buy tix ☺ Drop the Mike @ Threes @ Franklin + Kent (113 Franklin St), 8pm, FREE, Drop the Mike 2nd year anniversary/holiday party hosted by Kendra Cunningham, More info Continue reading →
Our lips are chapped, our winter coats on, and our hearts and tummies are ready for some holiday treats and cheer – it must be time for the annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! This year, it’s going to be extra sweet: We’ll be transforming the Greenpoint Loft (67 West St) into a Winter Candyland of local vendors. Come join us and all our favorite indie Brooklyn businesses to reel in 2017 on a sugary high note Sunday, December 10th (1-7pm). RSVP here!
# Desserts of Nepal and Lebanon @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Rachana and Jeanette from The League of Kitchens will expand your dessert horizons by introducing you to sweet treats from their home countries, Nepal and Lebanon, respectively, Buy tix ♫ Ace Clark @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7pm, $15, A show full of R&B and Soul to support the release of Dia Malai’s debut project Echo Street, Buy tix ♫ Limited Resources 12 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Drone night at Limited Resources. Come vibrate to some sustained tones, More info
* Wildfire & Climate Change @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Columbia University’s Park Williams will discuss what we know on recent devastating wildfires in the United States and around the world, and their possible connections to human-caused climate change, RSVP ♫ Vinnie Moore, Gus G, Andee Blacksugar @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Gary Numan @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $30, Buy tix ☺ Branded Content 6 Month Anniversary Show! (Party City) @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Jackson Fisher and Simone Norman have spent the last 6 months traversing corporate America to learn what it truly means to #rep #that #brand. All of that is behind them now, More info ♫ FOMO Holiday House Party @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, RSVP Continue reading →
* Witchcraft 101: Saintcraft @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7:30pm, $20, Explore the age-old use of Catholic Saints and iconology within folk magic traditions throughout the world, Buy tix ♫ The Hold Steady @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $40, Buy tix ♫ Susie Ibarra (Album Release) w/ DreamTime Ensemble @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $15, The pieces for this album were inspired by the idea of perception and sensory experiences. Perception allows the ability to take in sensory information, make it into something meaningful and to interact with our environment, Buy tix
♦ Brickman Brothers Art Galla @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, The Brickman Brothers have decided to join forces to bring to you a night of our art. Accompanying the art will be amazing music spun on vinyl by Rich Chwastiak, More info # Vegan Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $20 or less, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna, RSVP * How To Love Yourself: Raw & Real w/ Kaela May @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $22, Discuss how we can actively release and shed the inner conflict & battle while shifting into ease & acceptance, RSVP ♫ Babylawns, Travis Alexander, Dodgeball, hammydown @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Ya’ll Ready for This @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 9:30pm, FREE, C’mon and slam!, More info Continue reading →
* Day of the Ancestors (Dead) Celebration w/ Maestro Manuel Rufino @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 6pm, FREE, Come and make PEACE with your ancestors, heal old relationships, make peace with the ones that left before us, reprogram your DNA. Forget, forgive, let go, More info ♫ Boris w/ Mutoid Man, Endon @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $22, Buy tix ☺ Bazaar Comedy ft. Josh Johnson, Janelle James, Mookie Thompson and more! @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $8, Hosted by Mookie Thompson and featuring nationally recognized acts with no drink minimum and no absurd ticket price. This is the real deal, More info ☺ Parks and Recreation Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9pm, FREE, Watch for things like the Snakehole lounge, breakfast food, and portraits of Hillary Clinton. Listen for mentions of “Tammy,” “Duke Silver,” and “Mouserat.” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink! More info
♫ Día de Los Muertos Happy Hour and Dance Party @ Cantina Royal (58 N 3rd St), 6:30pm, $50, Join Mixteca Organization for a celebration of life and the Day of the Dead. Mexican food and drinks and music by DJ Geko Jones! Proceeds will benefit Mixteca Organization’s legal and emotional health services for recently-arrived immigrants, Buy tix ♫ AVERSED/Circuitry/Dead City Crown/Animist/Suaka @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ CF25: Kicking Giant, Pacific Ocean, Bridget St John, Honeybunch @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $15, Buy tix Continue reading →