# A Tale of Two Cities: Immigrant Foodways in London & NYC @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $20, signing + bites from the cookbook, Buy Tix * Greening the Concrete Jungle: An Intro to Green Roofs @ AgTech (40 Bushwick Ave.), 6:30pm, $29, Buy Tix ♫# A Dinner Party with Daisy the Great @ Le Fanfare (1103 Manhattan Ave.), 7pm, $50, Italian food, music and bourbon, Buy Tix ♫ FULL FLEX w/ Dave Q + Ripley @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More Info
♫ Pink Moon Farmraiser @ The Palace (206 Nassau Ave.), 7pm, $20, a fundraising party for North Brooklyn farms, Buy Tix # A Brick Lane Bangladeshi Dinner with author Dina Begum @ Archestrauts Books and Foods (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $50, a three course meal, Buy Tix * Open Full Moon Ritual: The Pink Moon @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.), 7pm, $15, Buy Tix ♦ Mold Session # 3 – Mediareality of the Divine Beyond @ Glass House (246 Union Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
# Brisket King NYC 2019 @ Biba Williamsburg (110 Kent Ave.), 6pm, $85, 20 chefs, all inclusive drinks, Buy Tix ^ Poetry & Translation @ Word (126 Franklin St.), 7pm, FREE, More info ♫ Lisa Carver, God is my Co-Pilot, Bob Bert, Blyre Cpanx ! @ Noise Workshop (389 Melrose St.), 7:30pm, FREE, More Info ☺ U UP? – A Brooklyn Comedy Show and Storytelling Competition @ The Corners (395 Nostrand Ave.), 8:30pm, FREE, RSVP
♫ Multi Culti with Thomas Von Party, Facets, Myn, RTMC & Andi @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 10pm, FREE before midnight with RSVP/ $5 after, More Info ♫ SWMRS @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 7pm, $21, Buy Tix ♫ Savoir Adore (Album Release), Sulene, Crush Club (DJ) @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave.), 8pm, $15, Buy Tix ♫ Tropical Past & Future Residency at Black Flamingo @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl.), 10pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
# Pantry Party: PRESERVING CITRUS, a class @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 6pm, $35, Learn about fermentation. Go home with a new recipe, and a jar of something delicious, Buy Tix ♫ Spring Equinox Supermoon Sound Bath @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 7pm and 9pm, $21-$33, Buy Tix ♦ Vimeo Staff Picks with Live Director’s Commentary #2 @ Nitehawk (136 Metropolitan Avenue), 7pm, $18, Buy Tix ♫ Purim: Night Of A Thousand Faces @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 10pm, $30, Buy Tix
# Between Two Whales: Chinese/Japanese Influence on Korean Cuisine @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $35, Buy Tix ♦ A Collection of Shorts: The Illusionist’s Reality @ Transmitter (1325 Willoughby Ave.) 7pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Godcaster/ Starla/ Great Crane/ Buka/ In Spirit @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, $10, More Info ♫ Gui Boratto (live), Gilles Wasserman, L&L&L Record Club @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 10pm, $20, Buy TixContinue reading →
Dutch quartet Mozes and the Firstborn, who released their new album Dadcore last Friday, and will be performing February 15 at 9 PM at Williamsburg’s RoughTrade (64 North 9th Street). Tickets are $12 (or $14 at the door) and can be purchased here.
Mozes and the Firstborn spent the past year writing new material, recording in the US and Netherlands with producer/mixer Chris Coady (Beach House, Slowdive) and Roland Cosio (together PANGEA, Fuzz), hitting SXSW and touring the states supporting Bodega. The result? Dadcore embraces the feel of a mixtape, as Mozes blend their favorite styles and genres into an intriguing collection of songs, including prior 2018 single, “Sad Supermarket Song,” which already has 400k plays on Spotify.
Playing a potent mix of sleazy grunge and power pop perfection, Mozes and the Firstborn hail from Eindhoven, Netherlands. The band started out in 2010 with Melle Dielesen on vocals, guitar, Corto Blommaert on bass and Raven Aartsen on drums, with Ernst-Jan van Doorn joining prior to their 2011 debut EP I Got Skills. California label Burger Records signed the band to release their self-titled debut full-length in 2014, followed by Great Pile Of Nothing in 2016, touring internationally in support, with like-minded artists such as The Growlers, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Together Pangea, while garnering features on NPR’s Weekend Edition, Pitchfork, Noisey, SPIN, CLASH, amongst others.
♫ Sonoro x Pragmatik w/ Daylomar[Unleash London] @ 101Brooklyn (134 Metropolitan Ave.), 6pm, FREE, 2-for-1 drinks 6-7pm, music all night, More Info * The Five Elements Within: Connecting With Your Body’s Road Map @ Anima Mundi (31 Noble St.), 7pm, $35-140, a 5-element workshop series, Buy Tix ♫ Daddy Issues, Leggy, Desert Sharks @ Baby’s Alright (146 Broadway.), 8pm, $12-14, Buy Tix ♦ We’re Going to Eat You (1980) by Tsui Hark @ Spectacle Theater (124 S. 3rd), 10pm, $5, Hong Kong New Wave fantasy, Buy Tix
* Public Visoning for Bushwick Inlet Park Design @ Bushwick Inlet Park Building (86 Kent Ave.), 6pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Laraaji, Rachika S @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.) 7pm, $15-18, Buy Tix ^♫ NationalSawdust+: Paul Muldoon’s “Against the Grain” @ National Sawdust (80 North 6th), 7:30pm, $29-34, Literary music series, Buy Tix ♫ FYRN – bowed guitar quartet @ Arete Venue and Gallery (67 West St #103.), 8:30pm, $15, More InfoContinue reading →
Saturday 12/15 – Sunday 12/16: The A/D/O Supermarket @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 12pm-7pm, FREE, A/D/O’s holiday market returns! The two-day market will feature a unique curation of gifts from publishers, designers and artists exploring where art meets design and utility. Artists and designers will be on site selling apparel, design objects, home goods, books and jewelry. Both nights, A/D/O will host special events and exhibit works by Elena Parasco and Anthony Jamari Thomas. Refreshments provided from 4:00 – 7:00pm each day, more info [Sponsored]
#^ Taste Makers: A Conversation with Paul Freedman and Mayukh Sen @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $30, book discussion + tasting, Buy Tix # Where’s Our Beer: End-Of-Year Happy Hour @ Greenpoint Beer and Ale (7 North 15th St.), 6:30pm, FREE, socialize, celebrate and look to the year ahead, RSVP ^ Seth Meyers and Amber Ruffin book signing @ Quimby’s (536 Metropolitan Ave.), 8:30pm, FREE, Note: to meet Seth and Amber you must buy a copy of the book. More Info ♫ 1s, 2s, and 3s: Round Robin Improvisations @ Arete Venue + Gallery (67 West St. #103), 9:30pm, $15, acoustic improv pieces, more info
* Offshore Holiday Party and Fundraiser @ Sunview Lunchnet (221 Berry St.), 6pm, $20 donation includes 2 free drinks, supports artists’ residency program, More Info ♫ Radio Free Brooklyn’s Holiday Party @ Braven Brew Company (52 Harrison Pl.) 7pm, FREE, $10 suggested donation, 2 free beers with RSVP, RSVP ♫ Manono Nights @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 8pm, $5, Buy Tix ♫ Phosphorescent Live in Brooklyn w/ Liz Cooper & The Stampede @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 9pm, $27.50, Buy TixContinue reading →
♫ CELEBRATE YOUR CITY: HOLIDAY PARTY + COHORT 05 LAUNCH @ Urban X (29 Norman Ave.), 6pm, FREE, drinks, hors d’oeuvre’s, dancing and surprises! RSVP ♦ Girls on Film + Mavi Phillips present: Dangerous Flowers @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 7pm, $19.50, An evening of self-empowered sexuality through short films, art, panel discussion + speakers, Buy Tix # Unearthed: Dinner and Performance @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7:30pm, $75, Price includes a 5-course dinner, cocktails, wine, and after dinner drinks, Buy Tix ♫ Hot Mess: Hanukkah + Drag Competition @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 10pm, $10-20, Buy Tix
* Rebels for a Reason Launch Party @ Diviera Drive (131 Berry St.), 7:30pm, FREE, local clothing, jewelry and art, More Info ♫ The Lot Radio presents: Daniel Aged // Debit // Tak @ San Damiano Mission (85 North 15th St.) 8pm, $15, Buy Tix ♫ Marissa Nadler w/ Johanna Warren @ Rough Trade (64 N. 9th St.) , 9pm, $15, Buy Tix ♫ Rompe Cabeza with Uproot Andy All Night @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
THIS SUNDAY (December 2nd, 1-7PM)! Forecast calls for a snow flurry of fun inside the beautiful Greenpoint Loft (67 West Street) at our Polar Vortex Holiday Market with 60+ of the most talented makers and purveyors of handcrafted goods and gifts for all of your Holiday Gifting needs! FREE fun activities include Massages, Henna, Nail Art, and interactive hologram experience with Looking Glass Factory! Plus there will be live music and delicious Mulled Wine! More info and RSVP here!
♦ BK Horror Fest Presents: The House That Jack Built Directors Cut @ Film Noir Cinema (122 Meserole Ave.), 6:15pm and 9:15pm, $15, Buy Tix ♫ Destruction<>Distraction @ Rubulad (RSVP for location), 7pm, $8 suggested, rsvp to [email protected] ^ Freak Kingdom: Hunter S. Thompson’s Crusade Against Fascism @ McNally Jackson (74 N. 4th st.), 7pm, FREE, More info ♦ Das Ist Kunst: 16mm Experimental Shorts @ Spectacle Theater (124 S. 3rd St.), 7:30pm, $10, Buy Tix
#♫ Christmas Party @ Lot 45 (411 Troutman St.), 7pm, $20 includes appetizers and a drink, Buy Tix ^ Green Series: Toward a Green New Deal @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St.) 7pm, FREE, RSVP ♫ Fall Bash featuring San Fermin: a concert benefiting Brooklyn Youth Chorus @ Baby’s Alright (146 Broadway), 8pm, $145+, open bar, passed hors d’oeuvres and backstage access, Buy Tix ♫ Ladies of LCD Soundsystem DJ Tour @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 10pm, $15, Buy TixContinue reading →
^ A Tree Grows in Brooklyn | 75th Anniversary Party @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St.), 5pm, FREE, Special guests Amy Lyons, artist of the HarperCollins 75th Anniversary edition cover, and the family of Betty Smith–along with contemporary authors–help celebrate a book that, according to The New Yorker, “deserves to be thought of as one of the greatest American novels,” RSVP * An Ecological History of the Bushwick Inlet and its Environment @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 7pm, FREE, With the continued development of Williamsburg and Greenpoint along the East River shore, it’s hard to imagine that Brooklyn was once a thriving wetland, with winding streams carrying freshwater running right below our feet, More Info ♦ Machine//Body @ Arete Gallery (67 West St. #103), 8pm, $10-15, sound and movement, space and architecture, More Info ♫ How To Dress Well, Baltra @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, $20, Buy Tix
* Los Sures Thanksgiving Dinner @ First Spanish Presbyterian Church (157 S. 3rd St.), 6pm, FREE, communal dinner and turkey raffle, more info ♦ Advent Kickoff | Potluck Supper + Opening Reception @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.) 6pm, FREE, art exhibit and potluck, More Info ♫ The Travelin’ McCourys @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th.), 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ The Mercury Program and Square Peg Round Hole @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 8pm, $12-15, Buy TixContinue reading →
* URBAN-X Panel Discussion: Exploring The Future of Affordable Housing @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE, RSVP * 94 Precinct Community Council Meeting @ St. John’s Lutheran Church (155 Milton St.), 7pm, FREE,More Info ♫ Afroperuano Group (Live Recording Video) Free Pisco Tasting @ Scholes St. Studio (375 Lorimer St.), 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ C Z A R I N A, Bunny X, Turbo Goth, Valentine @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave.), 8pm, $10, Buy Tix
♫ Goldie Awards 2nd Annual DJ & Beat Battle @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 6pm, $25, Buy Tix ♦ Art Opening: Brett Satterlund & Friends @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave.) 6pm, FREE, Photography Exhibit, More Info ^ An Evening with Michael Lally & Lonely Christopher @ Brooklyn’s House of Kava (238 Central Ave.), 7pm, FREE, an evening of poetry and chatting, more info ♫ BRIC After Dark: Gala After Party @ Brooklyn Navy Yard (63 Flushing Ave.), 9pm, $75+, Buy TixContinue reading →