For more events, check out the calendar. Looking for something? Check the directory.
• Wall-E & The Rock Doves (for kids) @ East River State Park (No. 8th St & Kent Ave) 6:30pm, FREE
♫ Joan Jett @ Seaside Concerts – Coney Island (West 21st St and Surf Ave) 7:30pm, FREE
Various Locations, $10/day, supports Greenpoint Church Soup Kitchen, Full Schedule
♫ An Evening with Cake @ Williamsburg Park (50 Kent Avenue) 6pm, Buy Tix
• GymD8ter Speed Dating @ Human@Ease (31 Nassau Ave) 7pm, $35, spend the evening working out and getting to know someone new before we head next door for drinks and a late happy hour, h’orderves & drinks all night
♫ Cruel Summer 80s Dance Party @ Bell House (149 7th St., Gowanus) 8am-2pm, $10, More info
♫ Darlings, Sundelles, Automotive Highschool @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 8:30pm, $8
* Open Canoe Paddle @ NBBC Boatyard (49 Ash St) 4:30-7:30pm, More info
♫ Chappo / The Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt @ Delinquency (1031 Grand St.) 8pm
• Monthly Meeting for Friends of McGolrick Park @ (McGolrick Park Pavilion) 1pm, decide how we’re going to spend our Exxon money and raise some more, RSVP
• Words by the Water: Melville House Night @ East River State Park (Kent Avenue at N. 9th St) 7-8pm, Free, outdoor reading series, More info
* The Last Bohemia with Robert Anasi @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, Anasi lived in Williamsburg from the early ’90s to the late 2000s and witnessed first-hand the rapid changes in the neighborhood. Come talk local history with him as he presents his memoir.
♫ Publicist, Free Blood, TV Baby, DJ DirtyFinger @ Death By Audio (49 S 2nd St) 8pm, $7
• Dalaga What Not To Wear Viewing Party @ TBD (224 Franklin St) 10-11pm, watch the premiere of Dalaga on What Not To on their amazing big screen TVs and projection screen!
♫ Zebros @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 11pm, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
I love the Daily News‘s review of Anasi’s book.
Leave a comment