# A Tale of Two Cities: Immigrant Foodways in London & NYC @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $20, signing + bites from the cookbook, Buy Tix * Greening the Concrete Jungle: An Intro to Green Roofs @ AgTech (40 Bushwick Ave.), 6:30pm, $29, Buy Tix ♫# A Dinner Party with Daisy the Great @ Le Fanfare (1103 Manhattan Ave.), 7pm, $50, Italian food, music and bourbon, Buy Tix ♫ FULL FLEX w/ Dave Q + Ripley @ The Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More Info
♫ Pink Moon Farmraiser @ The Palace (206 Nassau Ave.), 7pm, $20, a fundraising party for North Brooklyn farms, Buy Tix # A Brick Lane Bangladeshi Dinner with author Dina Begum @ Archestrauts Books and Foods (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $50, a three course meal, Buy Tix * Open Full Moon Ritual: The Pink Moon @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.), 7pm, $15, Buy Tix ♦ Mold Session # 3 – Mediareality of the Divine Beyond @ Glass House (246 Union Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
Our Flower Power-themed Greenpointers Spring Market is THIS SUNDAY (April 7th, 1-7PM) inside one of Brooklyn’s historic spaces, the beautiful Greenpoint Loft (67 West St)! Shop from 60+ highly curated local crafters and artisans while enjoying live music, views of the NYC skyline, FREE fun activities like roof deck yoga, dreamcatcher workshops, butterfly making station, immersive fairy glen, photo booth decked out with a floral art installation, 3D avatar creation, poetry, & more! Celebrate the season with peace, love, and supporting local indie business.
* Bushwick Adult Dancing @ Earth Arts (936 Madison St.), 7pm, $10-$20, This class is focused on a creative and supportive system for women, fem and female identifying communities from all walks of life and body types. The mission is to create physical, emotional, spiritual strength and healing through dance. Buy Tix * Doctor’s Orders Presented By The Shift Workshop @ The William Vale (111 N. 12th St.), 7pm, FREE, What happens when a biologist, physician, neuroscientist and sex researcher join together to answer questions you may have never felt comfortable asking your own doctor? More info ♫ Limited Resources 28 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer), 9pm, $10 donation, More Info ♫ Homecoming Spring Affair with DJ Greg Poole @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 9pm, FREE, More Info
* Transportation Committee Mtg — Community Board 1 @ Swinging 60s Senior Center (211 Ainslie St.), 6:30pm, FREE, More Info ♦ LIGHT YEAR 48: Digital Fairy Tales, Vengeance is Mine @ Pearl Street Triangle, 7pm, FREE, video art projected onto the Manhattan Bridge, More Info ♫ Canned Heat: A Jamiroquai Party @ Schimanski (54 N. 11th St.), 8pm, FREE w/ RSVP til 9pm, $10 after, RSVP ♫ The Buck Stops at Pete’s @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St.), 11pm, $5 suggested, More InfoContinue reading →
# Pantry Party: PRESERVING CITRUS, a class @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 6pm, $35, Learn about fermentation. Go home with a new recipe, and a jar of something delicious, Buy Tix ♫ Spring Equinox Supermoon Sound Bath @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 7pm and 9pm, $21-$33, Buy Tix ♦ Vimeo Staff Picks with Live Director’s Commentary #2 @ Nitehawk (136 Metropolitan Avenue), 7pm, $18, Buy Tix ♫ Purim: Night Of A Thousand Faces @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 10pm, $30, Buy Tix
# Between Two Whales: Chinese/Japanese Influence on Korean Cuisine @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $35, Buy Tix ♦ A Collection of Shorts: The Illusionist’s Reality @ Transmitter (1325 Willoughby Ave.) 7pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Godcaster/ Starla/ Great Crane/ Buka/ In Spirit @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, $10, More Info ♫ Gui Boratto (live), Gilles Wasserman, L&L&L Record Club @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave.), 10pm, $20, Buy TixContinue reading →
♫ What Would Tilda Swinton Do, Sean Spada, BackUp @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 6pm, $5, More Info ♫ Stone Series: Peter Evans @ National Sawdust (80 N. 6th St.), 7pm, $25, Buy Tix * Scent + Sound Bath With Sara Auster & Alex Falk @ The William Vale (111 N. 12th St.), 7pm, $40, Buy Tix ♫ Starla/ Agua Viva/ Sammy Weissberg + Hillai Govreen /SylbieShade @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, $10, More Info
# Learn Fondue BK @ Le Fond (105 Norman Ave.), 6:30pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ The Cat Empire @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.) 7pm, $29.50, Buy Tix # Eggplant Parm Dinner @ Archestratus Books and Foods (160 Huron St.), 6:30pm, $30, Buy Tix ♫ Project Pablo x Beto Cravioto ~all night long @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl.), 10pm, $10, Buy TixContinue reading →
☺ TOO MUCH! A Free Comedy Show! @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 6:30pm, FREE, More Info ^ Performance Philosophy Reading Group February @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave.), 6:30pm, FREE, dance and philosophy, More Info * Meet The Makers: Make S**T Happen @ The William Vale (111 N. 12th St.), 7pm, $20, a panel of female innovators, Buy Tix ♫ String Noise: Whispering @ Arte Venue and Gallery (67 West #103), 7:30pm, $20, violin, More Info
# Taste of Resilience: A Conversation with the Rousseau Sisters @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $40, the story of Caribbean food, includes small bites and cocktails, Buy Tix # Potions & Tinctures 101 @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave.) 7pm, $15, Buy Tix ^ Pete’s Reading Series: Fisher & June @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St.), 7:30pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Erin Durant, Jane Herships, Joanna Sternberg About Comedy @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 8pm, $8, Buy TixContinue reading →
* TRIVIA Night! Teach Me Sweetheart @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, Hey Friends and (Trivia) Lovers! Join me for Valentine’s Day Trivia at Archestratus. Swing by Solo or with a team of up to 4, RSVP ♫ V-Day Glitterthon w/ Darkwing, Daddies, Low Anxiety Nevva @ Gutter Bar (200 N. 14th St.), 8pm, $7, More Info ♫ The Jones Family Retro Show Presents: Valentines Day 1976 @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St.), 9pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Tropical Past & Future x Noche Romantica @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl.), 10pm, FREE, More Info
^ Brooklyn Poets Reading Series @ 100 Bogart (100 Bogart St.), 7:30pm, FREE, poetry, wine and light refreshments, More Info ♫ H8BB V-Day Blood Harvest // Haybb&BSteel&STD&MeanSiders&Tetchy @ Rubulad (Secret Location) 8pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ Live at Muchmore’s! w/ Eric Benoit and Friends @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 8pm, FREE, Buy Tix ♫ The Rigors of Love // Tablopan @ Scholes St. Studio (375 Lorimer St.), 8pm, $15, More InfoContinue reading →
♫ Sonoro x Pragmatik w/ Daylomar[Unleash London] @ 101Brooklyn (134 Metropolitan Ave.), 6pm, FREE, 2-for-1 drinks 6-7pm, music all night, More Info * The Five Elements Within: Connecting With Your Body’s Road Map @ Anima Mundi (31 Noble St.), 7pm, $35-140, a 5-element workshop series, Buy Tix ♫ Daddy Issues, Leggy, Desert Sharks @ Baby’s Alright (146 Broadway.), 8pm, $12-14, Buy Tix ♦ We’re Going to Eat You (1980) by Tsui Hark @ Spectacle Theater (124 S. 3rd), 10pm, $5, Hong Kong New Wave fantasy, Buy Tix
* Public Visoning for Bushwick Inlet Park Design @ Bushwick Inlet Park Building (86 Kent Ave.), 6pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Laraaji, Rachika S @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.) 7pm, $15-18, Buy Tix ^♫ NationalSawdust+: Paul Muldoon’s “Against the Grain” @ National Sawdust (80 North 6th), 7:30pm, $29-34, Literary music series, Buy Tix ♫ FYRN – bowed guitar quartet @ Arete Venue and Gallery (67 West St #103.), 8:30pm, $15, More InfoContinue reading →
Saturday 12/15 – Sunday 12/16: The A/D/O Supermarket @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 12pm-7pm, FREE, A/D/O’s holiday market returns! The two-day market will feature a unique curation of gifts from publishers, designers and artists exploring where art meets design and utility. Artists and designers will be on site selling apparel, design objects, home goods, books and jewelry. Both nights, A/D/O will host special events and exhibit works by Elena Parasco and Anthony Jamari Thomas. Refreshments provided from 4:00 – 7:00pm each day, more info [Sponsored]
#^ Taste Makers: A Conversation with Paul Freedman and Mayukh Sen @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St.), 6:30pm, $30, book discussion + tasting, Buy Tix # Where’s Our Beer: End-Of-Year Happy Hour @ Greenpoint Beer and Ale (7 North 15th St.), 6:30pm, FREE, socialize, celebrate and look to the year ahead, RSVP ^ Seth Meyers and Amber Ruffin book signing @ Quimby’s (536 Metropolitan Ave.), 8:30pm, FREE, Note: to meet Seth and Amber you must buy a copy of the book. More Info ♫ 1s, 2s, and 3s: Round Robin Improvisations @ Arete Venue + Gallery (67 West St. #103), 9:30pm, $15, acoustic improv pieces, more info
* Offshore Holiday Party and Fundraiser @ Sunview Lunchnet (221 Berry St.), 6pm, $20 donation includes 2 free drinks, supports artists’ residency program, More Info ♫ Radio Free Brooklyn’s Holiday Party @ Braven Brew Company (52 Harrison Pl.) 7pm, FREE, $10 suggested donation, 2 free beers with RSVP, RSVP ♫ Manono Nights @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 8pm, $5, Buy Tix ♫ Phosphorescent Live in Brooklyn w/ Liz Cooper & The Stampede @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 9pm, $27.50, Buy TixContinue reading →
NEXT SUNDAY (December 2nd, 1-7PM)! Forecast calls for a snow flurry of fun inside the beautiful Greenpoint Loft (67 West Street) at our Polar Vortex Holiday Market with 60+ of the most talented makers and purveyors of handcrafted goods and gifts for all of your Holiday Gifting needs! FREE fun activities include Massages, Henna, Nail Art, and interactive hologram experience with Looking Glass Factory! Plus there will be live music and delicious Mulled Wine! More info and RSVP here!
*#NYC Together Thanksgiving @ Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave.), 11am, FREE, a potluck Thanksgiving for kids and cops. You can sign up to bring a dish! Sign up ♫ Stray From The Path, Silent Planet, Kublai Khan, Greyhaven @ The Knitting Factory (361 Metropolitan Ave.), 7pm, $18, Buy Tix ♫ Thank You For Everything! @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave.), 10pm, $20, Buy Tix ♫ Tiki Disco Thanksgiving Eve @ Output (74 Wythe Ave.), 10pm, $20, Buy Tix
# Community Thanksgiving @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St.), 11am, FREE, join the community and also drop off new or gently used coats, more info # 6th Annual Orphans Thanksgiving @ Greenpoint Beer and Ale (7 N. 15th St.) 5pm, $65, meal + unlimited beer/wine, bring deserts to share, $10 from every ticket donated to the Greenpoint Soup Kitchen, Buy Tix ♥ Cuffed Up: A Singles Party – Thanksgiving Edition @ Turkey Nest Tavern (94 Bedford Ave.), 7pm, FREE, RSVP ♫ Bumsgiving!!!! – Cult 23 @ Bizzare Bar (12 Jefferson St.), 8pm, suggested donation $10+, alien goddess theme, RSVPContinue reading →
It’s an undisputed fact that Greenpoint residents love pizza. From Paulie Gee’s to Vinnie’s and Ria Bella to well, Paulie Gee’s, we have a plethora of savory slices to choose from.
Stop what you’re doing and sit down. Now for the great news: The Museum of Pizza is coming and it’s headed to North Brooklyn. So take your love of pizza and enjoy an immersive art experience at The William Vale this month. By immersive, we hope this means that we can eat all of the pizza we want.
For $35, pizza revelers will enjoy “a place to take amazing photos and absorb every wonder of our larger-than-life, immersive installations. A space to bask in multi-sensory, psychedelic pizza joy.” Plus, you get a ticket for a free slice of pizza outside the museum. We assume this immersive experience will include sick selfie backdrops, music, and some dope video art (involving pizza, duh). And, a portion of every ticket sale will be donated to a free meal for a family in need.
Tickets for the opening weekend are already sold out, so act now. Buy tickets now.
WHO: The Museum of Pizza WHERE: The William Vale, 55 Wythe Avenue WHEN: October 13-October 28