We’ve received feedback from users subscribed to the RSS feed. They are sad because the feed emails posts the following day, so when they receive “What’s Happening?” on Thursdays they’ve missed the awesomeness from the previous night. Now “What’s Happening?” will list Wed- Wed happenings. Hope it helps!
There is so much art happening in Greenpoint – it’s insane!
• Gabrielle Bell and Julia Wertz, in conversation with Jami Attenberg @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, Comics artist and Greenpoint local Gabrielle Bell will launch her new graphic novel The Voyeurs with artist Julia Wertz followed by a conversation with novelist Jami Attenberg.
• Fashion Night Out Greenpoint
♫ Bust Magazine Issue Release Party @ Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, Free music from Mannequin Pussy, Leda & DJ set from Permanent Wave
♫ Dinowalrus / Xray Eyeballs / Life Size Maps / Grand Resort / Psychobuildings @ 285 Kent, 8pm, $4
♫ Ava Luna / Ed Schrader’s Music Beat / Lost Boy? / Indian Rebound @ Living Bread Deli (2 Knickerbocker Ave) 8pm, $10
• Samantha Pleet X Wolverine Pop Up Shop @ In God We Trust (70 Greenpoint Ave) 6-10pm, Special SP x Wolverine shoe pre-order, Bonny boots on sale, goodie bags, Brooklyn Gin, Brooklyn Brewery brews, and Samantha’s Pie Faces.
♫ Noon / Foster Care / Pink Reason @ Lulu’s (113 Franklin St) 4-8pm, Free
♫ Octant / Backwords / Starlight Girls / Zula / Ping Pong @ Party XPO (929 Broadway, Bed-Stuy) 9pm, $6
Taste Williamsburg Greenpoint @ CitiStorage (5 N 11th St @ Kent Ave) 1-5pm, an outdoor celebration of North Brooklyn’s local flavor to benefit the building of the Northside Town Hall, featuring sample tastes from over 50 of the neighborhood’s best restaurants, bars, breweries, and wineries, along with live music and more, Buy Tix
• Some like It Cold – Soup Competition @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 5-8pm, It’s free to compete! It’s $10 to judge and eat! Mezcal Cocktails, more info
♫ The Shivers @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) 10pm, Free
• Nora Ephron’s Heartburn – BK Kitchen Book Club @ The Brooklyn Kitchen (100 Frost St) $10, discuss Nora Ephron’s novel HEARTBURN and enjoy a no-pressure potluck inspired by the book (drinks provided), More info
* Greenpointers’ Pick