♦ 100s Under 100 #show-n-tell IRL R5 @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave.), 7pm, donation, cross-disciplinary show-n-tell series with proceeds going to People of Creativity, RSVP * Total Lunar Eclipse Sound Bath @ Magick City (37 Box St.), 7pm, $21-33,Breath. Movement. Sound. Meditation. Buy Tix * CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER – All’s Well That Ends Well | Shakespeare in the Popup Park @ Bushwick Inlet Park (50 Kent Ave.), 7:30pm, FREE, the Bard’s in Brooklyn, RSVP * TRIVIA NIGHT @ Archestratus Books and Foods (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, It’s TRIVIA NIGHT!!!!!! Join our news editor for Greenpoint’s best monthly trivia game. Play to win food, booze and sweets! Compete for the title of ULTIMATE TRIVIA CHAMP!!!!! It’s so much fun!! RSVP
♦ Electric Diner @Diner (85 Broadway.) 6pm, FREE, Fabric Installation by Amanda Browder with food and drink outdoors, More info ^ Green Series: Andrew Blackwell on Reclaiming Polluted Spaces. @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St.) 6:30pm, FREE, travel writing about environmental disaster areas, RSVP ♫ So Called People, The LoveHowl, Glass Lungs, Inrod @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave.), 7:30pm, $8, More Info
# Global Tea Hut monthly gathering @ Puerh Brooklyn Tea Shop (174 Grand Street), 6pm, $5 suggested, Join our tea community for a relaxed gathering over tea. Open to all., More info ♦ The Simpsons Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Avenue), 6:45pm, FREE, It’s time for The Simpsons bingo! What better way to celebrate the longest running TV comedy of all time than with a good old ding-dong-diddily game of BINGO? Every Wednesday night we’ll be watching The Simpsons and playing BINGO. Watch for things like Duff beer, celebrity cameos, and the Itchy and Scratchy show. Listen for quotes like “D’oh!” “Eat my shorts!” and “Excellent…” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink (or doughnut that makes you go “Mmmm”)! More info ♫ Crowbar Artificial Brain Extinction A.D Kings Destroy Sunro @Brooklyn Bazzar (150 Greenpoint Avenue), 8pm, $14, Buy Tix ♫ Easy @Union Pool (848 Union Avenue), 8pm, $10-12, More info
* Juggling Taxes for Freelancers @ The Muse (350 Moffat St.), 5:00pm, FREE, Are you self-employed? Do you receive 1099s? Do you file a Schedule C? Then this class is for you – Brooklyn Coop wants to help you SAVE on your taxes! RSVP *# Edible Landscaping with Hortus Conclusus @ Lonard Library (81 Devoe St.), 6:30pm, FREE, With spring just around the corner, this edition of the Green Series features members from Hortus Conclusus, a Level II Arboretum, who teach us how to landscape our backyard garden using a rich diversity of edible fruiting plants from around the world, including the under-appreciated wild fruit from New York State’s native forest. RSVP ♫ Moon Tooth/Without Waves/Disparager/Juan Bond @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:00 pm, $10, Buy tix ♦ What is the Model City? @ UnionDocs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30pm, $10, Join architect and historian Susanne Schindler as she explains the origins, trajectory and legacies of the Great Society program launched in 1966, Buy tix ♫ Playing with Shadows: Drink and Draw @ Naive (299 South 4th Street), 8:30pm, $15, Joing us for a glass of wine, our relaxed, social vibe and two sessions with a semi-clothed model are all included in the price of the ticket. There won’t be an instructor, but a professional artist will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. You should bring your own supplies, but we will have pencils, printer paper and crayons on hand if you forget, More info Continue reading →
* F-Valentine’s Day! @ Bushwick Country Club (618 Grand St), 6pm, FREE, Free BBQ! Free raffles! Come drink with us on “singles awareness day,” More info ♫ Queers <3 Covers – Valentine’s Day Punk Cover Show @ Gold Sounds (44 Wilson Ave), 7:30pm, $7 – $10, Come celebrate the love that will never leave you, music, with a night of cover bands. All proceeds donated to Direct Relief for Puerto Rico, More info ♫ Valentines Village of Love Show & Dance for Planned Parenthood! @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St), 7pm, $25, More info ♫ Deep Space Love Night | DJ Spinna b2b François K. @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Deep Space celebrates Valentine’s Day with a special night celebrating love, by any definition, with DJ Spinna back-to-back with Francois K. all night, Buy tix
^ John Yau & Barry Schwabsky @ Spoonbill Studio (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, John presents “The Wild Children of William Blake” and Barry presents “Heretics of Language,” More info ♫ Show with Van Goose, Violets are Wet, Petal Crush @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 8pm, $10, More info ♫ ShowYourNice X ONLY WAVE ENT Present Antics & Fiends @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8:30pm, $7, More info ☺ Call Your Dad: Bitcoin, Cash and Wallstreet Baby @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Money Money Money Money. Bit Coin Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos Neoliberal. Cash cash captialism, big buildings fast cars money and cars. 80s, 08, 2015-2018. Satire? No-tire, More infoContinue reading →
* Superfun/d Series @ Kings County Brewers Collective (381 Troutman St), 6pm, FREE, Learn about the latest happenings on our local superfund waterway: Newtown Creek. Will include a brief presentation reviewing the current state of the Creek including larger clean-up efforts and grassroots projects, More info ♫ Social Sounds feat. Johnny Petrop, Trey Nostalgia, and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, FREE, More info * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Rice Balls! Win Cookies! More info * Blue Blood Supermoon Eclipse Experience @ Narayana Integrative Center (191 Nassau Ave), 8:15pm, $40, Skywatchers across much of the world will receive a post holiday gift: the total lunar eclipse of a full supermoon that is also a Blue Moon, Buy tix ♫ Megg Farrell & Friends @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info
# Dinners of the Past: Beefsteak @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $65, In conjunction with chef Josh Stokes and food entrepreneur Franz Aliquo, we’re bringing back this historic, stylized New York City institution of gluttony with an evening of all-you-can-eat steak & all-you-can-drink beer, Buy tix ♦ Alizé Carrère presents Adaptation: Bangladesh @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Alizé Carrère documents her case studies in the web series Adaptation, revealing human ingenuity and resourcefulness in the face of environmental adversity, RSVP ☺ Branded Content Presents: Russell Stover @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Celebrate of life, love, and nougat, brought to you by Russel Stover Candies, More info ♫ SYNTHICIDE // 80s to the maxx edition @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave), 10pm, FREE, Fog machines & laser rays, More infoContinue reading →
Our lips are chapped, our winter coats on, and our hearts and tummies are ready for some holiday treats and cheer – it must be time for the annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! This year, it’s going to be extra sweet: We’ll be transforming the Greenpoint Loft (67 West St) into a Winter Candyland of local vendors. Come join us and all our favorite indie Brooklyn businesses to reel in 2017 on a sugary high note Sunday, December 10th (1-7pm). RSVP here!
# Desserts of Nepal and Lebanon @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Rachana and Jeanette from The League of Kitchens will expand your dessert horizons by introducing you to sweet treats from their home countries, Nepal and Lebanon, respectively, Buy tix ♫ Ace Clark @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7pm, $15, A show full of R&B and Soul to support the release of Dia Malai’s debut project Echo Street, Buy tix ♫ Limited Resources 12 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Drone night at Limited Resources. Come vibrate to some sustained tones, More info
* Wildfire & Climate Change @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Columbia University’s Park Williams will discuss what we know on recent devastating wildfires in the United States and around the world, and their possible connections to human-caused climate change, RSVP ♫ Vinnie Moore, Gus G, Andee Blacksugar @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Gary Numan @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $30, Buy tix ☺ Branded Content 6 Month Anniversary Show! (Party City) @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Jackson Fisher and Simone Norman have spent the last 6 months traversing corporate America to learn what it truly means to #rep #that #brand. All of that is behind them now, More info ♫ FOMO Holiday House Party @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, RSVP Continue reading →
The Greenpoint community, including students from PS 34, joined Brooklyn Public Library President and CEO Linda Johnson and a host of local elected officials, to break ground on Greenpoint’s new Library and Environmental Education Center this Monday afternoon, October 23rd. The new library will stand on the site of the recently demolished Greenpoint Library (107 Norman Avenue). That location has been home to a library since 1906. The original Greenpoint Library, torn down due to structural damage in the 1970s, was one of Brooklyn’s first Carnegie Libraries, a group of institutions founded “to promote the advancement and diffusion of knowledge and understanding.” The new Library and Environmental Education Center will help further that mission in the 21st century. The new library, designed to exceed the standards for LEED Silver Green Building Certification, will be double the size of the old Greenpoint Library, provide over 300 hours of environmental education per year, and sport a variety of exciting features including an accessible green roof and a public plaza with flexible meeting and event spaces. Continue reading →
WHAT: Friends of Leonard Library Book Sale & Bake Sale WHERE: Leonard Library, 81 Devoe Street WHEN: Saturday, October 21st, 12-4pm
Leonard Library (81 Devoe Street) is having their Friends of the Library Book Sale this Saturday, October 21st, from noon to 4pm! Donations of new and *gently* used books are being accepted during regular business hours, through October 19th.
Greenpoint Beer & Ale has a bigger than big Oktoberfest for Sept. 23rd through Oct. 1st! Tapping 2 super rare gravity kegs from Franconia and featuring 4 guest drafts from Munich, Mahrs Saphire Weisse, Monchshof Festbier & Ayinger Oktoberfest. Mug holding contest at 5 PM each Saturday! Come dressed in an Oktoberfest costume and receive a complimentary beer. Oktoberfest food specials include Sausages with Red Cabbage and Schnitzel. (sponsored)
WEDNESDAY 9/20 * Chuffed.org Crowdfunding for Social Causes Workshop @ New Woman Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 6pm, $65, Get an intro to Crowdfunding & learn the secrets of what it takes to run a successful campaign on Chuffed.org, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Virgo @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, The New Moon traveling through Virgo urges us to reactivate or restore something through practicality, sensibility, and stability, Buy tix ♫ Little Gorgeous (Bee-Bop) @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, More info
* Bowl Hashanah: Rosh Hashanah with Rabbi Dan Ain and The Sway Machinery’s Jeremiah Lockwood @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 10am, $90, Morning services, Torah reading, Shofar blowing, prayer, meditation,& vegetarian/dairy lunch from Blue Ribbon, Buy tix ^ Where the Animals Go: Tracking Wildlife with Technology in 50 Maps and Graphics @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, “Where the Animals Go” investigates and illustrates the intersection of data technology and animal migration, revealing the natural world as never before, RSVP * Green Witch: Herbs & Ritual for the Autumnal Equinox @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St),Practice rituals in grieving what/who we have lost, in an effort to compost with love and start fresh, 7:30pm, $20, RSVP ♫ Cold Beat, War Bubble, Liberation @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $12, Buy tix Continue reading →
Cleaning out your closets for back to school? Bring everything over to Greencycle Swap! Bring some! Take some! One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Recycle, reuse and reduce!
The next Greencycle “Back-to-School” Swap is happening this Saturday, September 9 at Leonard Library (81 Devoe St) from 12pm-3pm.
They’ll be accepting: Men’s, womens and children’s clothing, shoes, books, toys, bicycles, phones, household items and electronics. Electronics accepted until 2pm—cleaned, gently used and working items please. You don’t need to bring anything to take anything. However, out of consideration for others, they may limit folks to the greater of 1 bag or the number of bags that you have brought to donate to the swap. Continue reading →
NYRP Tree Giveaway Saturday, September 9, 2017, 12-2pm Leonard Library | 81 Devoe Street (near Leonard St corner), Brooklyn
On Saturday, September 9th, New York Restoration Project will partner with Leonard Library to give away free trees! NYRP partners with community organizations throughout the five boroughs to give away hundreds of free trees to New Yorkers, and so far has given away tens of thousands of trees to be planted around the city.