I hope you had a great holiday season and wish you a happy healthy New Year! It’s now time to look forward, make changes, grow and improve.
I sincerely hope you enjoy reading the website and find useful and interesting information here. It’s truly an honor and pleasure to run Greenpointers.com and I am very happy at our growth and success. But we’re not slowing down.
In the past year we have completely revamped the website, hired a Managing Editor and have moved into a new space. Still we have a lot of new and exciting plans for 2013.
A specific area to improve in the new year is the frequency and quality of our content. It’s always been my goal to pay our talented contributors and until now contributors have been volunteering their time.
Greenpointers will always be a platform dedicated to the promotions of the arts and creativity in North Brooklyn. As an advocate for artist and creators, I hope for Greenpointers to become a profitable outlet for contributors as well.
Our 2013 Writer’s Fund is a new and innovative initiative that gives readers and supporters the opportunity to directly show their support of the creative community in Greenpoint, while choosing the type of content you want to see on the website.
If you love Greenpointers and enjoy reading this website, please consider making a donation to our Writer’s Fund. We are asking readers to make a one time donation of $25 (pays for 1 post) and local businesses a minimum donation of $100 (pays for 4 posts). But any amount $1, $5, $10 is greatly appreciated and will go toward directly paying contributors for their time and content. Donate now.
As always, look forward to raffles and events that will directly support the 2013 Writer’s Fund! Our next raffle will happen at our upcoming Valentine’s Market and we are looking for donations of prizes from local businesses.
Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions at greenpointer (at) gmail.com.
How it works:
• Each $25 donation pays a writer to create an article for the website.
($20 to contributor + $5 editor/processing fee)
• Our 2013 Writer’s Fund Goal: $5000
= 200 posts @ $25/post (approx. 3-4 posts per week)
• Donation perks:
$25 & up: A Special Thank You at the top of the post & on Writer’s Fund Page (links to your website/twitter, etc.)
$50 & up: Thank You + Greenpointers.com tote bag
$100 & up: Thank You (with logo) + Greenpointers.com tote bag + 2012 Greenpointers Photo Book
• How to donate:
1. Make a donation via paypal here.
2. Mail a check written to Greenpointers to 50-52 Dobbin St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
• When you donate:
1. Chose *type of editorial content: Community, Eat & Drink, Art, Music, Fashion, Events
2. Include link to your website/twitter/etc (plus 150x150px logo if applicable)
3. Include mailing address for perks
* Specific editorial content is determined by writer and editor and will not be used as advertisements for products or services. If left blank, editor choses content category as needed.
Thanks for your continued support of Greenpointers.com!