Saturday, September 23rd, 2-6PM @Greenpoint Beer & Ale (7 North 15th St) Come enjoy unlimited blue claw crab for 90 minutes served with potatoes and corn, topped with KnicKnacksbk special seasoning. And what goes better with crabs than beer – which is available a la carte (extra cost). Find a session that fits you and join us so you can eat all you can! Tickets will sell out fast, don’t be the one to miss out again! Buy tix [Sponsored]
* Yom Kippur @The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 10am, FREE, Join the Chabad of North Brooklyn for Yom Kippur services with Hebrew-English prayer books and insights in the the many Holiday prayers throughout. Yom Tov! More Info * Yoga for Witches @Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 6:30pm, $15, Tarot-inspired yoga class designed to heal and hone your magical intuition and manifestation. Bring your own mat, Buy tix ♦ Sundance Kidd at Two Boots @ Two Boots Williamsburg (558 Driggs Ave), 7pm, FREE, Local photographer Sundance Kidd showcases work from close to 1000 shots he took between going to shows, private work, and also working for LEAP NYC. Pay as you wish pricing for prints. 100% of art sales will be donated to a non-profit that focuses on music education for youth. FREE beer from 8-8:30PM, RSVP ♦ Napoleon Dynamite Screening @ Bushwick Inlet Popup Outdoor Cinema (50 Kent Ave), 8pm, FREE,Join Friends of Bushwick Inlet Park for an outdoor movie screening of classic indy deadpan comedy NAPOLEON DYNAMITE in view of the majestic Gotham City skyline! More Info
Brooklyn Comedy Festival Closing Weekend begins on Thursday, September 20th and runs through Sunday, September 23rd. @Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave) with multiple stages featuring podcasts, film, stand-up, panels, and more! Buy tix and learn more.
♫ Caché | Afro House Sunset @The Roof (74 Wythe Ave), 5pm, No Cover, Close this summer strong with some Afro House, More Info # DIY Vegan Cheese with Contraband Ferments @ Anima Mundi Apothecary (31 Noble St) 7pm, $40, Learn to make your own dairy free and probiotic rich nut-based cheeses. Basic principles behind making cheese using a variety of nuts and seeds plus basic skills in fermentation, the history behind fermentation, and a variety of ways to make soft and hard rind cheeses, Buy tix ^ Pete’s Reading Fall Season Opener @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 7:30pm, FREE, Four remarkable readers, and a special benefit for RAICES, The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services. Come hear them read, then linger to chat, drink, and pick up their books, More info ♦ Still/Here @ UnionDocs (322 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $10, NYC premiere of Christopher Harris’ film, still/here . Harris paints a portrait of civic neglect and apathy in his hometown of St Louis’s northside neighborhoods that are inhabited by almost exclusively working class and working poor black and African American populations, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Adult Purim Bash @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:30pm, $18, Megillah reading – Open bar – Hors d’oeuvres – Photo booth – Live music, Buy tix ♦ Film Screening Benefit: She’s Gotta Have It @ Dobbin St (64 Dobbin St), 7pm, $20, Dobbin St will be transformed into a luxury movie lounge with popcorn, chips, candy, ice cream sandwiches, cake pops, & chocolate mousse; cash bar & giveaways, Buy tix * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP ♦ Waiting for Guffman @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, FREE, Screening takes place in our Main Ballroom! Seating is first come first served, More info ☺ New Greta Has Friends @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 9pm, $5, We’re inviting an ALL STAR lineup of standups to inspire our improv set! More info
♫ John Nolan (of Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run) @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Diet Cig, Great Grandpa, The Spook School @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 8pm, $17, Buy tix ♫ The Undercover Dream Lovers, Future Generations, Wilder Maker @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Minimal Disco w/ Connie & Mira Fahrenheit @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE, New York DJs Connie Yin and Mira Fahrenheit come together once a month to get weird and play top-quality tunes, from Minimal to Disco… anything goes! More info Continue reading →
♫ Wha U Think Eye Rap 4? @ GAMBA Forest (17 Division Pl), 8pm, FREE, Join the most cutting edge emcees at the forefront of the NYC indie hip-hop scene and for a lively discussion where they get to express their POV about craft, culture and where hip-hop actually lives today, More info ☺ Wee Winged Wonders @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 8pm, $5, An Evening of Comedy About Bees and Butterflies and That’s It. Hosted by Joe Rumrill and Andrew Tisher, More info ♫ Kali Masi, Language, My Kind of Fire, Make August Count @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, $8, Buy tix
♫ Rainer Maria, The Van Pelt, Gold Dime @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Orrin, That Boy Miles, Warren Wolfe, SHUG @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, $8, *also* free beer from The Bronx Brewery, Buy tix ♫ Lola Kirke, Breanna Barbara, Hannah Read, Melodie Stancato @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Cuddle Magic, Tigue, Tōth @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Quantic residency with DJ Taye @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Quantic’s Good Room residency will be a homestead for playing his own unique sound of tropical-soul and electronic polyrhythm as well as championing future sounds & past obscurities, Buy tixContinue reading →
* F-Valentine’s Day! @ Bushwick Country Club (618 Grand St), 6pm, FREE, Free BBQ! Free raffles! Come drink with us on “singles awareness day,” More info ♫ Queers <3 Covers – Valentine’s Day Punk Cover Show @ Gold Sounds (44 Wilson Ave), 7:30pm, $7 – $10, Come celebrate the love that will never leave you, music, with a night of cover bands. All proceeds donated to Direct Relief for Puerto Rico, More info ♫ Valentines Village of Love Show & Dance for Planned Parenthood! @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St), 7pm, $25, More info ♫ Deep Space Love Night | DJ Spinna b2b François K. @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Deep Space celebrates Valentine’s Day with a special night celebrating love, by any definition, with DJ Spinna back-to-back with Francois K. all night, Buy tix
^ John Yau & Barry Schwabsky @ Spoonbill Studio (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, John presents “The Wild Children of William Blake” and Barry presents “Heretics of Language,” More info ♫ Show with Van Goose, Violets are Wet, Petal Crush @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 8pm, $10, More info ♫ ShowYourNice X ONLY WAVE ENT Present Antics & Fiends @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8:30pm, $7, More info ☺ Call Your Dad: Bitcoin, Cash and Wallstreet Baby @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Money Money Money Money. Bit Coin Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos Neoliberal. Cash cash captialism, big buildings fast cars money and cars. 80s, 08, 2015-2018. Satire? No-tire, More infoContinue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
* Superfun/d Series @ Kings County Brewers Collective (381 Troutman St), 6pm, FREE, Learn about the latest happenings on our local superfund waterway: Newtown Creek. Will include a brief presentation reviewing the current state of the Creek including larger clean-up efforts and grassroots projects, More info ♫ Social Sounds feat. Johnny Petrop, Trey Nostalgia, and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, FREE, More info * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Rice Balls! Win Cookies! More info * Blue Blood Supermoon Eclipse Experience @ Narayana Integrative Center (191 Nassau Ave), 8:15pm, $40, Skywatchers across much of the world will receive a post holiday gift: the total lunar eclipse of a full supermoon that is also a Blue Moon, Buy tix ♫ Megg Farrell & Friends @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info
# Dinners of the Past: Beefsteak @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $65, In conjunction with chef Josh Stokes and food entrepreneur Franz Aliquo, we’re bringing back this historic, stylized New York City institution of gluttony with an evening of all-you-can-eat steak & all-you-can-drink beer, Buy tix ♦ Alizé Carrère presents Adaptation: Bangladesh @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Alizé Carrère documents her case studies in the web series Adaptation, revealing human ingenuity and resourcefulness in the face of environmental adversity, RSVP ☺ Branded Content Presents: Russell Stover @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Celebrate of life, love, and nougat, brought to you by Russel Stover Candies, More info ♫ SYNTHICIDE // 80s to the maxx edition @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave), 10pm, FREE, Fog machines & laser rays, More infoContinue reading →
♫ More Women in the Art World @ 188 Broadway, 6pm, FREE, Join us for an art exhibition, music, interviews, activities, and discussions. If you are a female-identifying person in the arts, we want to interview you at our event on what you think is missing in the art world! More info # Big Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive @ Anella (222 Franklin St), 6:30pm & 8:30pm Seatings, $75, Fundraiser dinner includes three-courses and wine. All proceeds go towards delivering toys to kids who are most impacted by homelessness, poverty and food insecurity throughout North Brooklyn. Join NYC Together, the local community, and Anella to bring kids in need some holiday cheer! Buy tix # Feed the Resistance with Julia Turshen and Jessica Harris @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Cookbook author Julia Turshen and food scholar Dr. Jessica Harris discuss ways we can become more politically engaged and active through the power of food and the dinner table, Buy tix ♫ Inventory @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Follow the journey Inventory has taken since its start in 2014, witnessing the diverse creations and unique style the company continues to develop, Buy tix ♫ The Dear Hunter @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $25, Buy tix # Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancini aplenty. Win Beer! Win Food! RSVP
♫ Re/IMAGINE: Holiday Ball for No Kid Hungry @ The William Vale (111 N 12th St), 7pm, $40 suggested, Peace Accelerators, we are SUPERNATURAL, and Future Clear will transform the Ballroom into an exploration of our high potential. Expect an immersive forum for radical inspiration and community activation and even possibly… romantic connection, Buy tix ♫ Honey Harper, Nicholas Nicholas, Calvin LeCompte @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Thank You Scientist / Bent Knee @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $15, Buy tix ☺ Drop the Mike @ Threes @ Franklin + Kent (113 Franklin St), 8pm, FREE, Drop the Mike 2nd year anniversary/holiday party hosted by Kendra Cunningham, More info Continue reading →
Our lips are chapped, our winter coats on, and our hearts and tummies are ready for some holiday treats and cheer – it must be time for the annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! This year, it’s going to be extra sweet: We’ll be transforming the Greenpoint Loft (67 West St) into a Winter Candyland of local vendors. Come join us and all our favorite indie Brooklyn businesses to reel in 2017 on a sugary high note Sunday, December 10th (1-7pm). RSVP here!
# Desserts of Nepal and Lebanon @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Rachana and Jeanette from The League of Kitchens will expand your dessert horizons by introducing you to sweet treats from their home countries, Nepal and Lebanon, respectively, Buy tix ♫ Ace Clark @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7pm, $15, A show full of R&B and Soul to support the release of Dia Malai’s debut project Echo Street, Buy tix ♫ Limited Resources 12 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Drone night at Limited Resources. Come vibrate to some sustained tones, More info
* Wildfire & Climate Change @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Columbia University’s Park Williams will discuss what we know on recent devastating wildfires in the United States and around the world, and their possible connections to human-caused climate change, RSVP ♫ Vinnie Moore, Gus G, Andee Blacksugar @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Gary Numan @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $30, Buy tix ☺ Branded Content 6 Month Anniversary Show! (Party City) @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Jackson Fisher and Simone Norman have spent the last 6 months traversing corporate America to learn what it truly means to #rep #that #brand. All of that is behind them now, More info ♫ FOMO Holiday House Party @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, RSVP Continue reading →
* Witchcraft 101: Saintcraft @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7:30pm, $20, Explore the age-old use of Catholic Saints and iconology within folk magic traditions throughout the world, Buy tix ♫ The Hold Steady @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $40, Buy tix ♫ Susie Ibarra (Album Release) w/ DreamTime Ensemble @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $15, The pieces for this album were inspired by the idea of perception and sensory experiences. Perception allows the ability to take in sensory information, make it into something meaningful and to interact with our environment, Buy tix
♦ Brickman Brothers Art Galla @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, The Brickman Brothers have decided to join forces to bring to you a night of our art. Accompanying the art will be amazing music spun on vinyl by Rich Chwastiak, More info # Vegan Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $20 or less, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna, RSVP * How To Love Yourself: Raw & Real w/ Kaela May @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $22, Discuss how we can actively release and shed the inner conflict & battle while shifting into ease & acceptance, RSVP ♫ Babylawns, Travis Alexander, Dodgeball, hammydown @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Ya’ll Ready for This @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 9:30pm, FREE, C’mon and slam!, More info Continue reading →
♫ Sic Tic // Ben Pagano (Single Release) // Pinc Louds // Egg Peckers (Mike Campbell) @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 7pm, $8, An eclectic night of music, art and performance, More info # Sumo Stew @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 N 11th St), 8pm, $55, Plentiful bowls of chankonabe, paired with the live streamed bimonthly grand tournaments, makes for a lively event, bringing hungry first time and long-standing sumo fans ringside, Buy tix * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Food! Study up Renaissance man style! Surprise theme: Russia, RSVP ♫ Animal Collective (DJ set), Ben Steidel + Journey 2 The Light @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 9pm, $7, Animal Collective combines a love of sonic free form electronic horror gospel hip-hop soul pop madness, Buy tix
♫ The Planes/The Sharp Shadows/The Regrets/Shelter Dogs @ Cape House (2 Knickerbocker Ave), 7pm, FREE, More info ♫ Rhyton & Mike Wexler @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $5, The Brooklyn singer-songwriter Mike Wexler pairs his musical folk exploration with psychedelia, Buy tix ♫ Haux w/ Strings, Gracie and Rachel @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $12, Gracie and Rachel are a study in duality: light and dark, classical training with a pop sensibility, Californians in New York. Their music pits anxiety and tension against an almost serene self-assurance, Buy tix ♫ Talib Kweli: Radio Silence Album Release Extravaganza @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 11:30pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →