“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
We know it is cold out there but layer up and embrace winter, you will be complaining about how hot it is before you know it!
is lineup must have the flu (not really) because it’s totes fuckin SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” More info
• Greenpoint Chamber of Commerce Mixer @ Citi Storage (5 No. 11th St) 6:30-8:30pm
• Wild Yaks / Unstoppable Death Machines / Habibi / Violent Bullshit / Ken Southrock / DJ Dirtyfinger @ 285 Kent, 8pm, $10
♫Snowmine/Faye/Dalton @Glasslands (289 Kent) 8:30pm $10 RSVP
• The Shivers / The Sparrow / Scott Rudd / Paloma Gil @ Greenpoint Reformed
Brooklyn Art Show @NoBar BKNY (608 Nostrand Ave) 7-11pm, An all-star night of Art, Booze & Live Painting, featured artists: Jaded Vandeusen, Aric Calfee, Billy Roids and Trice.
♫Pluto Party: N.Y. Edition @Present Company (29 Wythe Ave) 9pm FREE, The Pluto party is a roving dance party emphasizing on the best vintage and contemporary dance music and a hand crafted, mind-expanding visual environment. RSVP
♫AWKWAFINA hosts the best dance party EVER @ The Flat (308 Hooper St) 11pm, A night of a pure madness by DJ KDS of East Village Radio, feat. Christian Coleman and special appearance by LYONS. RSVP and Video
• Idiotarod @ All Over Brooklyn, Noon, The IDIOTAROD is the urban version of the Alaskan Iditarod dogsled race – but instead of dogs, it’s people, instead of sleds, it’s shopping carts, and instead of the frozen Alaskan tundra, it’s frozen NYC, More info
• Après Ski Fondue Party @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) 7pm, Duck Buddies / Plate Tectonics (Brew n’ Chew & Chili Cook-off Winners / Sunday Supper #1) serving up their best fondue.
• The G’it Down @ Huckleberry Bar (588 Grand St) 10pm, DJs AKAAP! & Young Rios, cheap drinks, Disco, Funk, Boogie, Hip-Hop, Rap, RSVP
• P.F.C John P Czachor VFW Post 5806 Junior Girls Unit Bake Sale @ 181 Grand St, 10am-3pm, Raising Money to go on their “big trip”
• Chili Cook-Off @ The Habitat (988 Manhattan Ave) 5:30-11:30pm, $5, Judge 10 Chili Competitors plus raffle prizes
• Open General Public Meeting Bushwick Open Studios @ Bat Haus Coworking Space (279 Starr St) 7-9pm, RSVP
•Dicks Open Mic @ The Creek and The Cave (10-93 Jackson Ave, LIC), Lottery of 10 comics doing 5 mins a piece. Interested in performing email dicksmondaymic (at)gmail.com
• Waterproof Towel Comedy Show @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 8:30-10pm, a new stand-up comedy show in Greenpoint hosted by Charlie Kasov and Susumu Kamijo, headliner will be the Reformed Whores, a two-woman musical comedy act.
♫Karlie Bruce/My Midnight Heart @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) 10pm
FREE, Australian folk-rock singer Karlie Bruce is one of the many voices behind 17-piece Brooklyn disco project Escort. More Info
♫Super Crush Studio Present: The New___Sounds @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave) 10pm-3am FREE, Presenting a night of music selected by new and up-and-coming artists. RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick