Debate Night, Art Openings, Pumpkins, Newtown Creek Bike Ride: What’s Happening Greenpoint? 10/3-10/7
Looking for Oktoberfest events in Greenpoint?
♦ End of Times @ Art Connects New York (220 36th Street, B-515, Gowanus) 6-8pm, Contributor Tony Luib’s artwork will be featured in this group show curated by Brad Silk alongside work from R. Dupree, Amos Massey III, Laura Perry, Catie-Rae Zappala, RSVP
• Yummy Eats Presidential Debate @ TBD (222 Franklin St) 8pm, Southwestern Dinner: Chipotle Fried Chicken, 7 Pepper Vegan Chili, Cilantro Lime Rice, Guacamole, Black Bean & Mango Salad, Salsa Fresca
• NAG Debate Watching@ Black Rabbit (91 Greenpoint Ave) 8:30-10:30pm, the “Domestic Policy” Debate with fun quizzes & games & prizes
♦ Speakers @ Front St Gallery (111 Front Street #216, DUMBO) 6-9pm, Artist Lecture Series presents a survey of 34 artists who have participated as lecturers in a series of talks begun in 2011 at the Greenpoint studio of Christopher Schade, Zoe Pettijohn-Schade, and Michael Lee.
♦ Bushwick Basement @ Grimm Schultz Gallery (313 Linden St, Bushwick) 6-10pm, an all blacklight exhibition of Ultraviolet paintings by artist Mark Flood
♦ Testing @ Heliopolis (154 Huron St.) 7-10pm, a collection of sketches, failed casts, cancelled proofs, and other objects that could have become works of art but didn’t, More Info
♦ Hyperallergic’s 3rd Birthday The House Party @ The Boiler (191 N 14th St) 8pm, RSVP
♫ The Denzels / Gunfight! @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm
♫ The Netherlands / Lost Boy? / The Hate My Day Jobs / Sloth Bear @ Delinquency (1031 Grand St.) 9pm
• Pumpkin Day @ McCarren Park, 11am-1pm, $10, Pick your own pumpkin, decorate it & take it home. Arts/crafts, live music by the Newtown Creek Players, & yummy things to eat by Urban Rustic, plus a costume swap by KRRB.
♦ Weird World @ Booklyn Art Gallery (37 Greenpoint Ave 4th Fl) 7-10pm, an exhibition of artists’ books, photography and drawings exploring anthropological portraiture through an artistic lens, with an emphasis on the unseen, the occult, the weird, the wild, and the subversive.
♫ The Psyched / Major Stars / Radical Dads / Warm Soda @ Public Assembly (70 North 6th St.) 8pm, $10
♫ The Dig / The We Shared Milk / Buffalo Jump @ Cameo Gallery (93 N. 6th St) 8pm, $8
* Compostoberfest @ McCarren Park, 2-5pm, learn about existing citywide compost initiatives, compost cooking and get some hands-on experience at North Brooklyn Compost Project!
• Newtown Creek Bike Riding Tour: Cruising the Queens Side @ NAG Office (110 Kent Ave. @ N8th) 2-5:30pm, Tour industrial North Brooklyn and learn about “black mayonnaise” and the other nastiness that lurks beneath the surface of Newtown Creek and discuss the future of this rapidly developing neighborhood, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event