WEDNESDAY 5/29 ♫ Weed / Call Of The Wild / Cascada / Giant Peach @ Death By Audio (49 S 2nd St) 8pm, $7 ♫ Hungry March Band @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave) 8pm, $5
THURSDAY 5/30 * Spring Fling @ PS31 (75 Meserole Ave) 4-7pm, $1 fundraising event, open to the public, face painting, bouncy house, arts and crafts ♦ Adaptfest @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave) 7-10pm, $15, More info ♫ Confronting Bushwick 2: The Politics of Empty Buildings / Bushwick Daily Launch Party @ Art Helix (299 Meserole St) 7pm, panel discussion, town hall meeting following by launch party for Bushwick Daily’s First Print Publication “NO BS BOS” A Curated Guide to Bushwick Open Studios, DJ Set by THE DRUMS!, RSVP ♫ Tropic of Pisces / Corbu / Wanda & Wonder @ Silent Barn (603 Bushwick Ave) 8pm, $8 ♫ Shilpa Ray / The Veda Rays / Haybaby / WALTZ @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave) 8pm, $8
♦♦♦ All Weekend (5/31-6/2) : Bushwick Open Studios, FREE, a three day arts and culture festival that celebrates the community’s vibrant arts scene with the goal of fostering dialogue and collaboration between local artists and residents, More info ♦♦♦
FRIDAY 5/31 ♦ ORANGATANG(sic) @ Picture Farm (338 Wythe Ave) 6-9pm, an exhibition of photographs, drawings and prints by Bill Abdale, Steven Rose and Joanna Seitz, RSVP ♦ Based On A True Story @ Pierogi Gallery (177 No. 9th St) 7-9pm, an exhibition of new work by Daniel Zeller, More info ♫ Glank All Ages Show @ Secret Theatre (4402 23rd St, LIC) 8pm, $15, Suit-up in lab coats, blend in with the performers and have a blast at this interactive, multimedia music performance, More info
• Grateful Dead Night Featuring Dead Tape @ Europa (98-104 Meserole Ave.) 8pm, $10, Buy Tix ♫ Secret Band / Lodro / Darlings / EULA / Ric Leichtung @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St) 8pm, $10
SATURDAY 6/1 • 119 Underground @ Jewel St Paradise (119 Jewel St, BSMT) 12-6pm, “a new way to shop local,” ceramics, paper goods, refreshments & performances – all in a Brooklyn basement, RSVP * Brooklyn Arbor Playground Festival @ PS414 (325 South 3rd St) 12-4pm, $10, Free for kids under 12, a family music, craft, and food festival on the school playground, obstacle course, face painting, breakdancing, story time, dance performances, arts & crafts, kids dance party, food by Urban Rustic, Allswell, Il Passatore, Van Leeuwen, Papabubble, Buy Tix ♦ Punk Your Way Shop @ Dobbin Project Space (50 Dobbin St) 12:30-6pm, Cost: 5 Brooklyn Torches, Hack using Punk’s Code and get paid for it. Hacking Couture will open a pop-up atelier during the Brooklyn Torch Trade Store. Hack your fashion, Thru Sunday, More info ♫ The Call Up @ Boulevard Tavern (579 Meeker Ave) 9pm, Free, Reggae, Soul & Punk, all vinyl spun by DJ’s Sandinista and Tiny Gem, $5 all YOU can eat BBQ, RSVP ♫ Grass is Green / Ovlov / Appomattox / Miniboone @ Big Snow (89 Varet St) 8pm, $7
SUNDAY 6/2 ♥ Sunday Supper # 6 : SALO A Filipino Feast @ Domestic Construction (218 India St) 7-9pm, $45, Prepared by Yana Guilbuena, Menu: Seaweed Salad, Deep Fried P ork Rinds, Grilled Stuffed Squid, Garlic Fried Rice, Banana and Jackfruit Spring Rolls, Brooklyn Gin Cocktail, Reserve Supper ☺ Run From The Police Comedy @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8:30-11pm, FREE, a mix of the best professional and amateur comedians performing today, beer,wine, soju and espresso, also laundry rooms in the back if you feel like getting your Sunday laundry done with a comedy backdrop,
MONDAY 6/3 • Public Speaking Workshop @ Dobbbin Project Space (50-52 Dobbin St) 7-10pm, $45, 3-hour workshop, participants will get expert coaching and feedback on ways to strengthen their presentation skills, from techniques to calm frayed nerves to exercises designed to build confidence and improve focus, More info
TUESDAY 6/4 ♥ Things That I Have To Tell You Right Now (and other tales) @ Cafe Royal (195 Nassau Ave) 7-9pm, FREE, read, sing, show, and tell us anything you want under 10 minutes, participation optional, More info
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones likely
♦ Art Event
☺ Comedy Event
# Foodie Event
♦ I Stay Under Glass @ Picture Farm (338 Wythe Ave) 6-9pm, Photography by Grant Cornett, RSVP ♫ Bad Credit No Credit / Hard Bodies / Bueno / Rohypnotise @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St, Bushwick) 8pm, $7, RSVP
* The Audacity of Hops Book Launch Party @ The Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) 7:30-10:30pm, FREE, Tom Acitelli speaks about the history of Brooklyn Brewery, copies of his book will be on sale. Reservation required, email audacityofhopsbook(at)gmail.com, More Info ♫ Starlight Girls / The Suzan / Dangerous Ponies / Slutever @ Death by Audio (49 S. 2nd St)8pm, $7 RSVP
♥ Beloved Birthday Party @ Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) 5pm-Late, Drink specials/Fernet-Branca Bicycle raffle/DJ group Kids With Snakes and a makeout corner! More Info ♦ Resurrection @ The Active Space (566 Johnson Ave, Bushwick) Opening Reception 6-10pm, FREE, Artists Katie Bell, Suzanna Goldenberg, Rachel Hayes, JR Larson, Matt Miller, Bridget Mullen, Rosee Tibbles, RSVP ♥ le BUMP: The Revenge @ Over The Eight (594 Union Ave) 10:30pm-Close, FREE, Get sweaty at the newest bar in town with DJs Mister Disco & Brian Blackout, RSVP
• Spring Handmade Cavalcade @ The Space (50 N.3rd St) 10am-5pm, FREE, Featuring over 35 local artisans, designers and crafters, More Info • A Four Roses Kentucky Derby @ Noorman’s Kil (609 Grand St) 2pm, FREE, Listen to the race over the radio, Four Roses Mint Juleps, best dressed contest, RSVP • Kentucky Derby Party @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave) 3-7pm, FREE, 3pm, $6 mint juleps and Derby pie, More Info • Kentucky Derby Day @Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer Street) 3pm, Ladies millinery competition, Bluegrass blue-plate special, More Info • Kentucky Der-B-Q @ Mark Bar (1025 Manhattan Ave) 4pm, Kentucky BBQ
$6 Mint Juleps, RSVP ♦ Nurturing Nature Art Exhibit @ The ceeflat (988 Manhattan Ave) 4-10pm, Nature-Inspired pieces by Carla E. Reyes and Ian Montgomery, musical performances from The Devyl Nellys / Mission On Mars / Ghandi, RSVP ♦ Significant Matters @ Projekt722 (722 Metropolitan Ave, 2nd Fl) Opening Reception 6-9pm, FREE, artwork by Nobutaka Aozaki, Miwa Koizumi, Kenichi Nakajima, Andrew Zarou, More Info ♫ Phebe Starr / Clementine & The Galaxy / Bob and Martha @ Paper Box (17 Meadow St, Bushwick) 6-9pm, $12, RSVP ♫ East Bank Music Series @ The Episcopal Church of the Ascension (127 Kent Ave St) 8pm, $10 suggested, Performers from Manhattan School of Music’s put on an evening of contemporary classical music, More Info
SUNDAY 5/5 (Cinco De Mayo)
* Fading Ads of Greenpoint Walking Tour @ All Over Greenpoint, 11:30am, FREE, Join Preservation Greenpoint and photographer Frank Jump on a walking tour of the fading ads of Greenpoint, RSVP for meeting location, More Info ♦ A Lot of Sorrow featuring The National @ MoMA PS1 (22-25 Jackson Ave, LIC) Noon-6pm, $15 , Artist Ragnar Kjartansson sought out The National, to perform their song, Sorrow, repeatedly in a six-hour live loop for this performance, More Info • Cinco De Mayo @ One Stop Beer Shop (134 Kingsland Ave) Noon-2am, FREE, Complimentary Teacate & Dos Equis, prizes, RSVP • Cinco De Mayo Brunch@ Sindicato De Cocineros (57A Nassau Ave) 12-4pm, $1 fish taco, $5 tecate & shot, $6 margaritas, first come first serve • Cinco De Mayo @ Habitat (988 Manhattan Ave) Noon-11pm, Three Amigos playing on the big screen all day plus drink specials, More Info ♦ Works Cited, reprised@ Cleopatra’s (110 Meserole St) 3pm, curated by Olivian Chan, a set of reflections, deflections and thoughtful quotations linked through a shared involvement in a series of displays and programs at the Los Angeles Public Library, RSVP # Greenpointers “Cinco De Mayo” Sunday Supper #5 @ Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) 7pm-9pm, $4o, special “Cinco De Mayo” Greenmarket inspired menu created by Chef Heather Cahill of Farm to Fridge, More Info ☺Run from the Police Comedy@ Muchmore’s (2 Havenmeyer St) 8:30-11pm, FREE ♫ Body Language / Pegasus Warning /#1 Kid @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 8:30pm, $12, RSVP
MONDAY 5/6 * Greenpoint Landing Public Meeting @ McCarren Park Recreational Center (776 Lorimer St) 6:30pm, learn about Greenpoint Landing, 77 Commercial St, Newtown Barge and Box Street Parks
TUESDAY 5/7 *S.A.S.S. Presents: Historical Figures who Said “Fuck it.” @ Public Assembly (70 N.6th St) 7pm, FREE, lecture covers military leaders who gave up when the going got rough / abandoned construction projects / ladies who decided they just had enough, RSVP ☺The Trap-Variety Show @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 8pm, FREE, Dan St. Germain / Jamie Lee / Will Hines / Natalie Shure / Hand Job Academy, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick ♫ Music ♥ Pheremones likely ♦ Art Event ☺ Comedy Event # Foodie Event
Can you believe we are on Supper #5? And they are getting better and better ever time! Don’t miss this special “Cinco De Mayo” Greenmarket inspired menu created by Chef Heather Cahill of Farm to Fridge at Beloved (674 Manhattan Ave) on May 5, 2013 from 7-9pm. And if the weather permits we can enjoy this amazing meal al fresco!
• Grilled Asparagus “Elote”
• Fish Tacos with Ramp Salsa Verde & Radish Salsa
• Strawberry Tres Leches
• Beloved Cocktail
On Wednesday March 20, 2013 at 6:30pm – a little bit of Cajun spice takes over Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave).
Come experience a traditional southwestern Lousiana Cajun gathering, complete with music, dancing, and authentic cuisine. Toby Rodriguez will be sharing his rich Cajun culture and savory creations. He will be preparing some of the most treasured dishes that come from a traditional pig boucherie, his specialty.
Jesse Lege, one of the fines Cajun singers and accordion players, will be playing tunes!
Tickets cost $50 – RSVP at rennie.freetown (AT) gmail.com
10% Off – Just mention Greenpointers when you RSVP
I fell in love with Brenna (and her amazing pies) when she was most recently the pastry chef at the infamous M.Wells! She has also worked at Diner & Marlowe & Sons, and has “a love for melding whole, healthy foods with gourmet presentation and flavor…and all things locally sourced.”
Did you know that the The Philippines has three main regions, Luzon, Visaya and Mindanao, and that each region has different traditional dishes?
At the upcoming Tatsulok, which means three corners, dinner series on March 24, 6-11pm at 248 McKibben St Lofts, not only will you feast on homemade Filipino dishes, but you will get schooled on geography and Filipino culture.
Hosted by our very own Yana Guilbuena, the purpose of these events is “to represent the diversity in the country’s culinary palette as well as the influences of its neighbors and history.” Knowing Yana, it’s also meant to be a tasty and for sure crazy fun time.
The recent Sunday Suppers have been such a blast, and tickets have sold out in one day, so if you want to get in on major homemade tater tot action, plus other amazing dishes by Chef Annie Berger on March 3, 2013, from 7-9pm at Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) – don’t wait!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Slaw / Creamy Garlic / Parmesan Crisp
Puff Pastry Hot Dog / Onion Bacon Jam
Homemade Tater Tots
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pie
Selected Beer or Wine