# Global Tea Hut monthly gathering @ Puerh Brooklyn Tea Shop (174 Grand Street), 6pm, $5 suggested, Join our tea community for a relaxed gathering over tea. Open to all., More info ♦ The Simpsons Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Avenue), 6:45pm, FREE, It’s time for The Simpsons bingo! What better way to celebrate the longest running TV comedy of all time than with a good old ding-dong-diddily game of BINGO? Every Wednesday night we’ll be watching The Simpsons and playing BINGO. Watch for things like Duff beer, celebrity cameos, and the Itchy and Scratchy show. Listen for quotes like “D’oh!” “Eat my shorts!” and “Excellent…” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink (or doughnut that makes you go “Mmmm”)! More info ♫ Crowbar Artificial Brain Extinction A.D Kings Destroy Sunro @Brooklyn Bazzar (150 Greenpoint Avenue), 8pm, $14, Buy Tix ♫ Easy @Union Pool (848 Union Avenue), 8pm, $10-12, More info
* Juggling Taxes for Freelancers @ The Muse (350 Moffat St.), 5:00pm, FREE, Are you self-employed? Do you receive 1099s? Do you file a Schedule C? Then this class is for you – Brooklyn Coop wants to help you SAVE on your taxes! RSVP *# Edible Landscaping with Hortus Conclusus @ Lonard Library (81 Devoe St.), 6:30pm, FREE, With spring just around the corner, this edition of the Green Series features members from Hortus Conclusus, a Level II Arboretum, who teach us how to landscape our backyard garden using a rich diversity of edible fruiting plants from around the world, including the under-appreciated wild fruit from New York State’s native forest. RSVP ♫ Moon Tooth/Without Waves/Disparager/Juan Bond @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:00 pm, $10, Buy tix ♦ What is the Model City? @ UnionDocs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30pm, $10, Join architect and historian Susanne Schindler as she explains the origins, trajectory and legacies of the Great Society program launched in 1966, Buy tix ♫ Playing with Shadows: Drink and Draw @ Naive (299 South 4th Street), 8:30pm, $15, Joing us for a glass of wine, our relaxed, social vibe and two sessions with a semi-clothed model are all included in the price of the ticket. There won’t be an instructor, but a professional artist will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. You should bring your own supplies, but we will have pencils, printer paper and crayons on hand if you forget, More info Continue reading →
♫ Wha U Think Eye Rap 4? @ GAMBA Forest (17 Division Pl), 8pm, FREE, Join the most cutting edge emcees at the forefront of the NYC indie hip-hop scene and for a lively discussion where they get to express their POV about craft, culture and where hip-hop actually lives today, More info ☺ Wee Winged Wonders @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 8pm, $5, An Evening of Comedy About Bees and Butterflies and That’s It. Hosted by Joe Rumrill and Andrew Tisher, More info ♫ Kali Masi, Language, My Kind of Fire, Make August Count @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, $8, Buy tix
♫ Rainer Maria, The Van Pelt, Gold Dime @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Orrin, That Boy Miles, Warren Wolfe, SHUG @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 8pm, $8, *also* free beer from The Bronx Brewery, Buy tix ♫ Lola Kirke, Breanna Barbara, Hannah Read, Melodie Stancato @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Cuddle Magic, Tigue, Tōth @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Quantic residency with DJ Taye @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Quantic’s Good Room residency will be a homestead for playing his own unique sound of tropical-soul and electronic polyrhythm as well as championing future sounds & past obscurities, Buy tixContinue reading →
* F-Valentine’s Day! @ Bushwick Country Club (618 Grand St), 6pm, FREE, Free BBQ! Free raffles! Come drink with us on “singles awareness day,” More info ♫ Queers <3 Covers – Valentine’s Day Punk Cover Show @ Gold Sounds (44 Wilson Ave), 7:30pm, $7 – $10, Come celebrate the love that will never leave you, music, with a night of cover bands. All proceeds donated to Direct Relief for Puerto Rico, More info ♫ Valentines Village of Love Show & Dance for Planned Parenthood! @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St), 7pm, $25, More info ♫ Deep Space Love Night | DJ Spinna b2b François K. @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Deep Space celebrates Valentine’s Day with a special night celebrating love, by any definition, with DJ Spinna back-to-back with Francois K. all night, Buy tix
^ John Yau & Barry Schwabsky @ Spoonbill Studio (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, John presents “The Wild Children of William Blake” and Barry presents “Heretics of Language,” More info ♫ Show with Van Goose, Violets are Wet, Petal Crush @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 8pm, $10, More info ♫ ShowYourNice X ONLY WAVE ENT Present Antics & Fiends @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8:30pm, $7, More info ☺ Call Your Dad: Bitcoin, Cash and Wallstreet Baby @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Money Money Money Money. Bit Coin Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos Neoliberal. Cash cash captialism, big buildings fast cars money and cars. 80s, 08, 2015-2018. Satire? No-tire, More infoContinue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
* Superfun/d Series @ Kings County Brewers Collective (381 Troutman St), 6pm, FREE, Learn about the latest happenings on our local superfund waterway: Newtown Creek. Will include a brief presentation reviewing the current state of the Creek including larger clean-up efforts and grassroots projects, More info ♫ Social Sounds feat. Johnny Petrop, Trey Nostalgia, and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, FREE, More info * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Rice Balls! Win Cookies! More info * Blue Blood Supermoon Eclipse Experience @ Narayana Integrative Center (191 Nassau Ave), 8:15pm, $40, Skywatchers across much of the world will receive a post holiday gift: the total lunar eclipse of a full supermoon that is also a Blue Moon, Buy tix ♫ Megg Farrell & Friends @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info
# Dinners of the Past: Beefsteak @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $65, In conjunction with chef Josh Stokes and food entrepreneur Franz Aliquo, we’re bringing back this historic, stylized New York City institution of gluttony with an evening of all-you-can-eat steak & all-you-can-drink beer, Buy tix ♦ Alizé Carrère presents Adaptation: Bangladesh @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Alizé Carrère documents her case studies in the web series Adaptation, revealing human ingenuity and resourcefulness in the face of environmental adversity, RSVP ☺ Branded Content Presents: Russell Stover @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Celebrate of life, love, and nougat, brought to you by Russel Stover Candies, More info ♫ SYNTHICIDE // 80s to the maxx edition @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave), 10pm, FREE, Fog machines & laser rays, More infoContinue reading →
# A Taste of Japan Eats! @ Heritage Radio Network (100 Bogart St), 6pm, $40, Japan Eats! is coming to life, and you’ll have the opportunity to mingle with Akiko Katayama and some of her favorite guests and friends. Incredible small bites (Kaiseki, Spicy Dan Dan Ramen and Gyoza) and beverages included with ticket, Buy tix ♫ The Blues Bangers, Groove Protectors @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, More info
# Teas of Asia @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $20, Theresa Wong from T shop and Stephen Thomas from Rishi Tea, along with Sarah Rose as moderator (For All the Tea in China), will take you on a journey from the origins of tea in China to tea ceremonies in Asia to modern tea culture in the United States, Buy tix ♦ Calling The Circle @ Spaceworks Williamsburgh Library (240 Division St), 7pm, FREE, An open gathering space for Spaceworks artists and community members to come together to share their stories, experiences, and creativity. Bring something that’s meaningful to you or your culture, RSVP ♫ Goth Star Party w/ Rex Reid, Filthy Wayz, S.B. Rosa and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $8, Buy tix ♫ The Listeners, Drawing Boards, Bob Carol Ted, Lou Nutting @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ♫ INPUT Presents Outlier | Bonobo (Extended DJ Set) @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $30, More infoContinue reading →
* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
Our lips are chapped, our winter coats on, and our hearts and tummies are ready for some holiday treats and cheer – it must be time for the annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! This year, it’s going to be extra sweet: We’ll be transforming the Greenpoint Loft (67 West St) into a Winter Candyland of local vendors. Come join us and all our favorite indie Brooklyn businesses to reel in 2017 on a sugary high note Sunday, December 10th (1-7pm). RSVP here!
# Desserts of Nepal and Lebanon @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Rachana and Jeanette from The League of Kitchens will expand your dessert horizons by introducing you to sweet treats from their home countries, Nepal and Lebanon, respectively, Buy tix ♫ Ace Clark @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7pm, $15, A show full of R&B and Soul to support the release of Dia Malai’s debut project Echo Street, Buy tix ♫ Limited Resources 12 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Drone night at Limited Resources. Come vibrate to some sustained tones, More info
* Wildfire & Climate Change @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Columbia University’s Park Williams will discuss what we know on recent devastating wildfires in the United States and around the world, and their possible connections to human-caused climate change, RSVP ♫ Vinnie Moore, Gus G, Andee Blacksugar @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Gary Numan @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $30, Buy tix ☺ Branded Content 6 Month Anniversary Show! (Party City) @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Jackson Fisher and Simone Norman have spent the last 6 months traversing corporate America to learn what it truly means to #rep #that #brand. All of that is behind them now, More info ♫ FOMO Holiday House Party @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, RSVP Continue reading →
# Wobble Before You Gobble @ Le Fond (105 Norman Ave) Thanksgiving Eve cocktail party! Cut loose a lil’ before heading out of town. $6 aperitif specials, including house recipe Kir Royale and warm mulled wine, More info ♫ Thanksgiving Fest Trivia Night @ The Well (272 Meserole St), 8pm, FREE, Live music the whole night, trivia is free to play, and we are giving out amazing prizes to the top teams, More info ♫ Modern English w/ The Veldt @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Tiki Disco: Thanksgiving Eve | Lloydski/ Andy Pry/ Eli Escobar @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Nicky Siano’s Native New Yorker – Thanksgiving Eve & Love Tempo @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $15, Feel The Magic on the Dance floor while the Master of Disco Soul takes you on a Journey to the beginnings of NYC Nightlife Culture, Buy tix ♫ MORE LIFE: Drake Night @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway), 11pm, $10, Buy tix
* TENT Ministries’ Annual Thanksgiving @ Maria Hernandez Park (92 Irving Pl), 10am, FREE, Free hot food, delicious desserts, uplifting music, free sneakers, coats, frozen turkeys, and other giveaways, and most importantly, there will be prayer and fellowship, More info ♦ ‘Clue’ on a Loop with Brandy and Board Games! @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 4pm, FREE-ish, Happy Thanksgiving, monsieurs and mademoiselles. You’re cordially invited to a day full of mystery, board games, brandy, pumpkin pie, and MURDER (as the Thanksgiving tradition goes), More info ♫ A Night of Thanks @ Cape House (2 Knickerbocker Ave), 8pm, FREE, A night of friends, celebration, music and live art. Let’s turn a tragic holiday into a celebration of friendship and recognition of camaraderie, More info Continue reading →
Join EcoHealth Alliance’s Young Professionals Council at the Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) on Thursday, Oct. 19th starting at 7:30pm for a deep dive into how diseases are spread and a demonstration of the latest in technology used to stop diseases in their tracks.
Brooklyn Oktoberfest comes to The Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (67 West St) this weekend (10/20-10/22) with an authentic Munich festival tent, complete with Bavarian blue & white decorations, live music, German dancers, ceremonial keg tapping, sausages, roast port, pretzels, and rare limited edition German beer! Greenpointers get $10 off tix! Buy yours here with discount code “Greenpoint”.
* Trauma & Tension Release for Inner Peace @ Narayana Yoga Project (191 Nassau Ave), 6:30pm, $45, This workshop will teach you a fascinating approach to trauma, our bodies and our emotions. You will receive take-home tools and practical information from Yoga Therapy and other forms of trauma releasing work, Buy tix # Istanbul and Beyond with Robyn Eckhardt @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Istanbul & Beyond documents regional cuisines and life in the villages, cities, farms, and high pastures of the lesser-known provinces throughout Turkey, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Libra @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, This New Moon is the perfect energy as the double air energy creates more space for our creativity to flow into the Earth Realm, Buy tix ♫ Chorizo Slim and The Boogie Blues Band @ TROOST (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Chorizo Slim returns to team up with Stan Zenkoff, Charles Bennet, and Daniel Goldshtein to play their own style of 40’s/50’s Rhythm & Blues and Boogie Woogie, More info
* Energizing and Focusing Morning Qi Gong @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 8am, $10, This morning class will focus on Qi massage and movement practices aimed at waking up your body and balancing your mind. No experience necessary, More info * New Moon Sound Bath with Reiki Healing @ Magick City (37 Box St), 6:30pm, $44, During this Sound Bath Meditation we will help you to harmonize your dreams with your mind, body and spirit by taking you deeper into your own intuitive guidance, Buy tix ♦ Karrabing Film Collective’s Night Time Go + Inaat/se/ @ Union Docs (322 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $10, We are lucky to have the Karrabing Collective in town for a night of documentary that blends the nuanced, overt, and specific ways the colonialized have and continue to resist, Buy tix ♫ Aerial Ruin, Blacksage, Nighttime @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, $10, Aerial Ruin, based in Portland, Oregon is the primarily acoustic solo project of Erik Moggridge whose “richly evocative dark folk style makes for a head-in-hand listening experience, Buy tix ♫ Zula (EP Release), Combo Chimbita, Erica Eso, Frank Hurricaine @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →