* F-Valentine’s Day! @ Bushwick Country Club (618 Grand St), 6pm, FREE, Free BBQ! Free raffles! Come drink with us on “singles awareness day,” More info ♫ Queers <3 Covers – Valentine’s Day Punk Cover Show @ Gold Sounds (44 Wilson Ave), 7:30pm, $7 – $10, Come celebrate the love that will never leave you, music, with a night of cover bands. All proceeds donated to Direct Relief for Puerto Rico, More info ♫ Valentines Village of Love Show & Dance for Planned Parenthood! @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St), 7pm, $25, More info ♫ Deep Space Love Night | DJ Spinna b2b François K. @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Deep Space celebrates Valentine’s Day with a special night celebrating love, by any definition, with DJ Spinna back-to-back with Francois K. all night, Buy tix
^ John Yau & Barry Schwabsky @ Spoonbill Studio (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, John presents “The Wild Children of William Blake” and Barry presents “Heretics of Language,” More info ♫ Show with Van Goose, Violets are Wet, Petal Crush @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 8pm, $10, More info ♫ ShowYourNice X ONLY WAVE ENT Present Antics & Fiends @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8:30pm, $7, More info ☺ Call Your Dad: Bitcoin, Cash and Wallstreet Baby @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Money Money Money Money. Bit Coin Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos Neoliberal. Cash cash captialism, big buildings fast cars money and cars. 80s, 08, 2015-2018. Satire? No-tire, More infoContinue reading →
It’s the month of self-improvement; bettering our minds, refueling our energy levels, getting on track with your health and wellness. Here in the city of concrete jungles, we have some North Brooklyn gems that can take you out of the hustle and bustle to guide you back into a new year full of relaxation, vitality, and wellness.
Located on Berry St, across from McCarren park, BAC is a state of the art training facility with trainers who are ready to coach you to your best performance in a group or personal setting. Unlimited fitness classes (spin, pilates, yoga, glutes and abs) and endless pools for low impact training come in each membership. Recovery, relaxation, and community (or team) are just as important as training; so infrared sauna sessions, massage therapy, physical therapy, and community events are available to provide the most dynamic training experience possible.
Specials: 30 Day Jump Start Program (one month trial) for $149. All access membership which includes: Gym membership; Unlimited Group Training Sessions; 8 Semi Private Training Sessions; Unlimited Yoga, Pilates, & BAC Burn Classes; Endless Pools; 2 Infrared Sauna Sessions; 2 Olympic Weightlifting Classes; and 1 Private Pilates Lesson.
♫ Sic Tic // Ben Pagano (Single Release) // Pinc Louds // Egg Peckers (Mike Campbell) @ Secret Project Robot (1186 Broadway), 7pm, $8, An eclectic night of music, art and performance, More info # Sumo Stew @ Brooklyn Brewery (79 N 11th St), 8pm, $55, Plentiful bowls of chankonabe, paired with the live streamed bimonthly grand tournaments, makes for a lively event, bringing hungry first time and long-standing sumo fans ringside, Buy tix * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Food! Study up Renaissance man style! Surprise theme: Russia, RSVP ♫ Animal Collective (DJ set), Ben Steidel + Journey 2 The Light @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 9pm, $7, Animal Collective combines a love of sonic free form electronic horror gospel hip-hop soul pop madness, Buy tix
♫ The Planes/The Sharp Shadows/The Regrets/Shelter Dogs @ Cape House (2 Knickerbocker Ave), 7pm, FREE, More info ♫ Rhyton & Mike Wexler @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $5, The Brooklyn singer-songwriter Mike Wexler pairs his musical folk exploration with psychedelia, Buy tix ♫ Haux w/ Strings, Gracie and Rachel @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $12, Gracie and Rachel are a study in duality: light and dark, classical training with a pop sensibility, Californians in New York. Their music pits anxiety and tension against an almost serene self-assurance, Buy tix ♫ Talib Kweli: Radio Silence Album Release Extravaganza @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 11:30pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →
* Day of the Ancestors (Dead) Celebration w/ Maestro Manuel Rufino @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 6pm, FREE, Come and make PEACE with your ancestors, heal old relationships, make peace with the ones that left before us, reprogram your DNA. Forget, forgive, let go, More info ♫ Boris w/ Mutoid Man, Endon @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $22, Buy tix ☺ Bazaar Comedy ft. Josh Johnson, Janelle James, Mookie Thompson and more! @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $8, Hosted by Mookie Thompson and featuring nationally recognized acts with no drink minimum and no absurd ticket price. This is the real deal, More info ☺ Parks and Recreation Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9pm, FREE, Watch for things like the Snakehole lounge, breakfast food, and portraits of Hillary Clinton. Listen for mentions of “Tammy,” “Duke Silver,” and “Mouserat.” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink! More info
♫ Día de Los Muertos Happy Hour and Dance Party @ Cantina Royal (58 N 3rd St), 6:30pm, $50, Join Mixteca Organization for a celebration of life and the Day of the Dead. Mexican food and drinks and music by DJ Geko Jones! Proceeds will benefit Mixteca Organization’s legal and emotional health services for recently-arrived immigrants, Buy tix ♫ AVERSED/Circuitry/Dead City Crown/Animist/Suaka @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ CF25: Kicking Giant, Pacific Ocean, Bridget St John, Honeybunch @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $15, Buy tix Continue reading →
**Looking for all the Halloween parties? Check out our roundup. Looking for anything non-Halloween? Keep on scrolling!**
♫ Maryla Rodowicz @ PSFCU (100 McGuinness Blvd), 5pm, FREE, Legenda polskiej muzyki rozrywkowej spotka się ze swoimi fanami/The legendary Polish singer & actress is stopping by Greenpoint to meet her fans, More info # White Wine + Cheese @ Bedford Cheese Shop (265 Bedford Ave), 6pm, $60, An educational adventure into the practice of pairing – and an introduction into how milk makes cheese, how grapes make wine, and how to make the most of the pairing possibilities, Buy tix ♫ Cocomo Presents: Noia / Elsz / Evan Ønly @ North Brooklyn Farms (320 Kent Ave), 7pm, $5-$10 suggested, More info ♫ Willie Watson and Colter Wall @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $20, Buy tix * Alotta Trivia & a Movie – Hocus Pocus @ Metropolitan Bar (559 Lorimer St), 9pm, FREE, Watch a screening of Hocus Pocus with trivia right after with Alotta McGriddles!!! Win Pitchers or Wells for every round and Free Pizza!!!, More info
♦ PAFF x Alexi Lubomirski Present: Young Poland @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6pm, FREE, Curated by Alexi Lubomirski, Young Poland will serve as an insight to the next generation of accomplished photographers born in Poland in the 1980s and ’90s, More info ☺ Sad, Sad 🙂 – Talking Comedy and Depression @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 6:30pm, FREE, Gregory Uzelac moderates an inciteful and darkly funny discussion with fellow NY comedians to talk about their own experiences with mental illness and how that translates into humor on stage, More info * Medicinal Mushrooms: Healing Body, Soul, & World @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $20, Fungi are the web that weaves us all together! Join us to learn about the amazing, multi-faceted healing aspects of mushrooms and fungi, considered by many to be our most intimate allies, Buy tix ♫ Stefan Zeniuk and Green Mambo @ Threes Franklin + Kent (113 Franklin St), 8pm, FREE, A steamy, goofy, and fun night of old-school mambos, with the occassional cha cha cha, rumba, and psychedelic jungle trance, More info ♦ Independent Women: The Babadook @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9:30pm, $12, A widowed mother (Essie Davis), plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son’s fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her. Costumes are strongly encouraged, Buy tix Continue reading →
Join EcoHealth Alliance’s Young Professionals Council at the Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) on Thursday, Oct. 19th starting at 7:30pm for a deep dive into how diseases are spread and a demonstration of the latest in technology used to stop diseases in their tracks.
Brooklyn Oktoberfest comes to The Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (67 West St) this weekend (10/20-10/22) with an authentic Munich festival tent, complete with Bavarian blue & white decorations, live music, German dancers, ceremonial keg tapping, sausages, roast port, pretzels, and rare limited edition German beer! Greenpointers get $10 off tix! Buy yours here with discount code “Greenpoint”.
* Trauma & Tension Release for Inner Peace @ Narayana Yoga Project (191 Nassau Ave), 6:30pm, $45, This workshop will teach you a fascinating approach to trauma, our bodies and our emotions. You will receive take-home tools and practical information from Yoga Therapy and other forms of trauma releasing work, Buy tix # Istanbul and Beyond with Robyn Eckhardt @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Istanbul & Beyond documents regional cuisines and life in the villages, cities, farms, and high pastures of the lesser-known provinces throughout Turkey, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Libra @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, This New Moon is the perfect energy as the double air energy creates more space for our creativity to flow into the Earth Realm, Buy tix ♫ Chorizo Slim and The Boogie Blues Band @ TROOST (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Chorizo Slim returns to team up with Stan Zenkoff, Charles Bennet, and Daniel Goldshtein to play their own style of 40’s/50’s Rhythm & Blues and Boogie Woogie, More info
* Energizing and Focusing Morning Qi Gong @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 8am, $10, This morning class will focus on Qi massage and movement practices aimed at waking up your body and balancing your mind. No experience necessary, More info * New Moon Sound Bath with Reiki Healing @ Magick City (37 Box St), 6:30pm, $44, During this Sound Bath Meditation we will help you to harmonize your dreams with your mind, body and spirit by taking you deeper into your own intuitive guidance, Buy tix ♦ Karrabing Film Collective’s Night Time Go + Inaat/se/ @ Union Docs (322 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $10, We are lucky to have the Karrabing Collective in town for a night of documentary that blends the nuanced, overt, and specific ways the colonialized have and continue to resist, Buy tix ♫ Aerial Ruin, Blacksage, Nighttime @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, $10, Aerial Ruin, based in Portland, Oregon is the primarily acoustic solo project of Erik Moggridge whose “richly evocative dark folk style makes for a head-in-hand listening experience, Buy tix ♫ Zula (EP Release), Combo Chimbita, Erica Eso, Frank Hurricaine @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →
Greenpoint Beer & Ale has a bigger than big Oktoberfest for Sept. 23rd through Oct. 1st! Tapping 2 super rare gravity kegs from Franconia and featuring 4 guest drafts from Munich, Mahrs Saphire Weisse, Monchshof Festbier & Ayinger Oktoberfest. Mug holding contest at 5 PM each Saturday! Come dressed in an Oktoberfest costume and receive a complimentary beer. Oktoberfest food specials include Sausages with Red Cabbage and Schnitzel. (sponsored)
WEDNESDAY 9/20 * Chuffed.org Crowdfunding for Social Causes Workshop @ New Woman Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 6pm, $65, Get an intro to Crowdfunding & learn the secrets of what it takes to run a successful campaign on Chuffed.org, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Virgo @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, The New Moon traveling through Virgo urges us to reactivate or restore something through practicality, sensibility, and stability, Buy tix ♫ Little Gorgeous (Bee-Bop) @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, More info
* Bowl Hashanah: Rosh Hashanah with Rabbi Dan Ain and The Sway Machinery’s Jeremiah Lockwood @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 10am, $90, Morning services, Torah reading, Shofar blowing, prayer, meditation,& vegetarian/dairy lunch from Blue Ribbon, Buy tix ^ Where the Animals Go: Tracking Wildlife with Technology in 50 Maps and Graphics @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, “Where the Animals Go” investigates and illustrates the intersection of data technology and animal migration, revealing the natural world as never before, RSVP * Green Witch: Herbs & Ritual for the Autumnal Equinox @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St),Practice rituals in grieving what/who we have lost, in an effort to compost with love and start fresh, 7:30pm, $20, RSVP ♫ Cold Beat, War Bubble, Liberation @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $12, Buy tix Continue reading →
WEDNESDAY 8/23 ♫ Ed Askew Band, Andrew Cedermark, New Love Crowd @ North Brooklyn Farms (320 Kent Ave), 7pm, $5, More info ☺ Brooklyn Comedy Festival, We Bee Spelling @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Comedy Spelling Bee Game Show Supporting Human Rights with Alex Greer, Will Miles, Tom Cowell & Casey James Salengo, Buy tix
THURSDAY 8/24 ♫ Point Break Comes Alive! @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 6pm, $10, Point Break in all it’s ultimate glory with a live surf rock soundtrack!, Insidious Rays, Buy tix ♫ Handpan Workshop with Nadishana @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7pm, $35, Learn new techniques, rhythms, and percussion elements with Siberian virtuoso Nadishana, Buy tix ♦ Neighborhood Food Drive (Q&A with Director Jerzy Rose) @ Nitehawk Cinema (136 Metropolitan Ave), 7:30pm, $16, (trailer), Buy tix Continue reading →
FRIDAY 4/28 *♦ Greenpoint Gallery Night #10 @ All Over Greenpoint 6pm, FREE, The historic neighborhood of Greenpoint, Brooklyn, is filled with exceptional galleries, alternative exhibition spaces, and working artists. Greenpoint Gallery Night is a voluntarily organized event happening twice a year in an effort to highlight the art scene in this unique corner of Brooklyn. More info
TUESDAY 5/2 *♦ Greenpoint Open Studios Artist Sign-Up Party @ No. 7 North (931 Manhattan Ave.) 7-10pm, FREE, Registered GOS artists and artists who sign up on the spot will receive one FREE BEER! More info
WEDNESDAY 4/26 * Lunation New Moon In Taurus: Shakti Transmission @ Golden Drum (97 Green St) 7:30pm, $25, Reset through a clear head and open heart through Kundalini as taught by Yogi Bhajan. Ground yourselves with a sacred New Moon ritual to plant your intentions that are aligned with your higher self while letting go of stagnant energy that keeps us from vibrating higher, More info *A Clockwork Orange @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, FREE, Clockwork Orange screening in the Main Ballroom! Restaurant and bar open before, during and after the movie! In an England of the future, Alex (Malcolm McDowell) and his “Droogs” spend their nights getting high at the Korova Milkbar before embarking on “a little of the old ultraviolence,”, RSVP ♫ Anni Rossi / I Am The Polish Army / Echo Moth / Jane Church @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave) 8pm, $5-7, Buy tix THURSDAY 4/27 * BettVR With Age @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave) 7pm, FREE, A virtual reality film series created to benefit the senior community. Short documentary screening as well as five interactive virtual reality stations to experience some of the VR films that comprise Kahana’s innovative project, More info ^ Jamie Brenner presents The Forever Summer with Amy Poeppel @WORD Brooklyn (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, Celebrate the release of Jamie Brenner’s latest novel, THE FOREVER SUMMER. Jamie Brenner will be in conversation with Amy Poeppel, author of SMALL ADMISSIONS, More info ♦ Notes from A North Korean Tour Bus @ UnionDocs (322 Union Ave) 7:30pm, $10, Matt Hulse has been traveling to and from North Korea, working as a tour guide for Beijing-based Koryo Tours. He’s been capturing his experiences on camera and also recording the soundscapes of that isolated and little-understood country, Buy tix ♦ Post-Dance 3X3: Devices @ Panoply Performance Laboratory (104 Meserole St) 8pm, Pay-what-u-can, Three movement artists perform their own work, detly disabusing us of any remaining subject-object dichotomies while distanciating, operating and defining other (non)human devisions, distances, differences and devices, More info Continue reading →
SATURDAY 4/15, 930pm! Flirt Reynolds takes over the back room spinning 70s disco/funk, 80s new wave/pop, 90s hip hop and 2000s indie dance music, all on vinyl. Dance till you’re dead! Free champagne for those dressed in throwback attire, until it runs out.@ Humboldt & Jackson (434 Humboldt Street), FREE!
* Pole Play Wednesday @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave) 9pm, FREE, Safe space for pole dancers in the NYC community to come out and show their friends and fellow aerialists what they’ve been working on, RSVP ♫ Transit.FM presents Local Service 006 @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave) 10pm, FREE,Transit.FM returns to take over the Bad Room. Breaks, jungle, and more from some of NYC’s best drum and bass selectors, More info ♫ Hot Chip (DJ Set)/ Mike Simonetti @ Output (74 Wythe Ave) 10pm, $30,Renowned indie/electronica band Hot Chip bring their DJ skills alongside one of Brooklyn’s finest selectors Mike Simonetti, Buy tixContinue reading →