VENDOR CALL! Talented crafters, creators, designers, food purveyors, and small businesses … Do you have items to sell or promote? We are talking to YOU!
Apply here to be part of our Holiday Market on Sunday, December 8th (1-7pm) for a dreamy “The Nutcracker” themed festival of local shopping from a specially curated selection of indie makers at our annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! As always, we will have a full day of free fun activities and our take on the magical Land of Sweets will come alive inside the gorgeous Greenpoint Loft (67 West St)!
♫ Magos Herrera Presents: A Tribute to João GIlberto @ National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 730pm, $20, bossa nova classics with a multicultural crew of New York musicians, Buy Tix
* Light Flow Yoga @Human@ease (31 Nassau Ave) 645pm, $17, connect breath to movement & soothing beats in this gentle Vinyasa class, Buy Tix
♫ Drum Spiral @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 730pm, $15 -$20 suggested, learn drum techniques that will help us travel more freely through soundscapes, Buy Tix
* Tidal Toast 2019: A Newtown Creek Celebration @ Broadway Stages (520 Kingsland Ave), 530pm, $75, tours of the green roof, local food and drinks, silent auction, and presentations about NCA’s innovative projects and programming, Buy Tix
♫ Cumbia Night @ Kingsland (269 Norman Ave) 7pm, $8, Latinx beats and music all night with accordion-based Cumbia band from the US/Mexico border, Frontera Bugalú, Buy Tix
♫ Johnny Dwyer: “The Districts” @ WORD (126 Franklin St) 7pm, $5+, an unprecedented plunge into NYC’s federal court system that gives us a revelatory picture of how our justice system really works, More Info
* Blessing of the Animals @ St. Stanislaus Kostka (12 Newel St), 7pm, FREE, annual Blessing of the Animals in the SSKCA auditorium, More Info
♫ Joshua Abrams Natural Information Society @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave) 7pm, $15, celebrating performance collaborations in their myriad forms, Buy Tix
* Observe the Moon Night @ Transmitter Park (1 Greenpoint Ave), 630pm, FREE, observe and learn about the Moon with the Amateur Astronomers Association of NY who will set up telescopes on the pier, More Info
* Sunset Waterfront Party and Fundraiser! @ Brooklyn Barge (75 West St) 6pm, $5, join North Brooklyn Boat Club at this fundraiser party to help pay for a new dock at Barge to facilitate easier (and four-season) access to the water, More Info
* Blessing of the Animals @ St. John’s Lutheran Church (155 Milton St) 12pm, FREE, bring your crawling, flying, barking, meowing family members to be blessed and give thanks for them in your life! More Info
♫ Tribute to Glenn Branca Featuring the Glenn Branca Ensemble @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave) 7pm, $15, Buy Tix
♫ Girl Band, Sunwatchers, Store Front @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave) 8pm, $15, Buy Tix
♫ Morcheeba @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $30, Buy Tix
* Greenpointers Pick
^ Literary Event
# Foodie Event
A note from the North Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce’s Environmental Initiatives Committee:
“Coal tar, oil, and used contraceptives are only some of the items routinely found floating on the highly polluted Gowanus Canal and Newtown Creek — Brooklyn’s two federal Superfund sites. Though the waterways are only a few miles away from each other, they have vastly different stories.“
Listen to this podcast from the Brooklyn Eagle to learn more about our local waterways from EIC member Newtown Creek Alliance.
As always, the Environmental Initiatives Committee would like to hear from you. Contact us at eic@northbrooklynchamber.