If you live in the neighborhood, you are probably gearing up for Northside Fest—a music, art and tech festival—which officially kicks off today. In addition to the amazing lineup of bands (here’s who we’re most excited to see) and 100+ innovative folks who will be giving talks, there’s also the annual block party on Bedford Avenue.
On Saturday June 10th and Sunday 11th from 1-6pm Williamsburg’s main drag will transform into a public park (Saturday Metropolitan Avenue to N 7th Street and Sunday N7th street to N12th Street). There will be temporary wall units for live painting, interactive installations and workshops, and engaging sculptures will be staggered throughout the blocks for the community to enjoy. RSVP on Facebook
Highlights by day include:
- Giant live murals by Chinon Maria & Maven Murals, Stickymonger and Andrea Kang, Williamsburg Charter Highschool Students and more!
- Sculptures and interactive art by SuperChief Gallery NY and Scott Chasse and more!
- Free shows at the Northside Stage on Bedford (N5th)
- And of course… pop up parks!
- Block parties thrown by Sweet Chick, The Meatball Shop and Soft Spot
- Pop up tennis (full size tennis court on Bedford)
- Yoga via Hosh Yoga and various other meditative and self-care stations
- More live music on Bedford Ave Stage, including Eve & The Exiles, Julia Haltigan, J-Council, HONEYHONEY, Cha Wa and Kristin Diable