You Asked, We Provide: The Best Places to Watch Fireworks and BBQ on July 4th
From a waterfront restaurant in Greenpoint to outdoor parties in Bushwick, there are tons of places to eat meat, drink beer, and watch them fireworks this Independence Day. Here’s a list!
- The Brooklyn Barge Bar is throwing their first ever 4th of July Party on the floating restaurant and bar this year. Tickets include a lot of food and drink with an unobstructed view of what could be the best viewing spot for fireworks in the hood.
- Get some Funfetti cake with a 4-course Star Spangled Supper at Hail Mary for only $39. And that includes all you can drink. Praise Jesus.
- Dance and dine at the Star Spangled Boogie shindig hosted by LP & Harmony and Deepdance promotion. The grub is FREE with a drink purchase.
- Nitehawk is making it tempting to be indoors (at least for a few hours) with their JAWS-inspired brunch and screening, starting this Saturday through Monday.
- The 4th of July BBQ Extravaganza at House of Yes in Bushwick includes 12 hours of meat and music, and is FREE with an RSVP.
- Dip yo’ toes in a pool and eat some eastern-style BBQ at Montana’s Trail House for their 4th of July Pool Party. Count on cheap beer and shot specials, BBQ and a raffle with proceeds going to The Youth Farm.
- Roberta’s is throwing a Happy Birthday America Budweiser Pizza Party complete with DJs, some artwork and FREE beer (thanks to Budweiser).
- Ridgewood’s beloved outdoor summer hang, Nowadays, is extending its hours from noon until midnight for the holiday. Think food trucks with all the classics (vegetarian options available), vinyl spinning, and a massive FIREWORKS show from the neighbors. Oh, and they have a FULL BAR now.
- Spend the 4th and the Flea with our neighbors in LIC. Shop, eat, and drink a beer at the Queens Beer Garden just steps away from the waterfront.
- Make your own meat and pies and find a friend’s rooftop.
The fireworks start around 9PM. Also note it’s the 40th anniversary of the Macy’s Fireworks Extravaganza – there’s talk it could be an even bigger display this year. Happy 4th!