The secret is officially out: the best viewing areas for the 4th of July fireworks are hands down in Greenpoint. Here are some scenes from around the ‘hood during yesterday’s poppin’ light show extravaganza. Continue reading
The PopGun crew is celebrating Fourth of July on the Elsewhere Rooftop! They’re hosting an eight-hour party with tons of talented local homies spinning house, disco, soul and more all night, plus food and fireworks. Here’s the link to buy tix.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a proper 4th without a cook-out and lucky for you, Holy Ground BBQ will satisfy your munchies with pulled pork, chopped brisket, and char grilled veggies.
Here’s a preview of who’s providing your soundtrack for the 4th:
From a waterfront restaurant in Greenpoint to outdoor parties in Bushwick, there are tons of places to eat meat, drink beer, and watch them fireworks this Independence Day. Here’s a list!
- The Brooklyn Barge Bar is throwing their first ever 4th of July Party on the floating restaurant and bar this year. Tickets include a lot of food and drink with an unobstructed view of what could be the best viewing spot for fireworks in the hood.
- Get some Funfetti cake with a 4-course Star Spangled Supper at Hail Mary for only $39. And that includes all you can drink. Praise Jesus.
- Dance and dine at the Star Spangled Boogie shindig hosted by LP & Harmony and Deepdance promotion. The grub is FREE with a drink purchase.
- Nitehawk is making it tempting to be indoors (at least for a few hours) with their JAWS-inspired brunch and screening, starting this Saturday through Monday.
- The 4th of July BBQ Extravaganza at House of Yes in Bushwick includes 12 hours of meat and music, and is FREE with an RSVP.
- Dip yo’ toes in a pool and eat some eastern-style BBQ at Montana’s Trail House for their 4th of July Pool Party. Count on cheap beer and shot specials, BBQ and a raffle with proceeds going to The Youth Farm.
- Roberta’s is throwing a Happy Birthday America Budweiser Pizza Party complete with DJs, some artwork and FREE beer (thanks to Budweiser).
- Ridgewood’s beloved outdoor summer hang, Nowadays, is extending its hours from noon until midnight for the holiday. Think food trucks with all the classics (vegetarian options available), vinyl spinning, and a massive FIREWORKS show from the neighbors. Oh, and they have a FULL BAR now.
- Spend the 4th and the Flea with our neighbors in LIC. Shop, eat, and drink a beer at the Queens Beer Garden just steps away from the waterfront.
- Make your own meat and pies and find a friend’s rooftop.
The fireworks start around 9PM. Also note it’s the 40th anniversary of the Macy’s Fireworks Extravaganza – there’s talk it could be an even bigger display this year. Happy 4th!
FINALLY! The fireworks are back on the East River this year, to be set off from barges under the Brooklyn Bridge. While Brooklyn Bridge Park will be the hottest spot, as a waterfront hood Greenpoint will have some killer views, too. Maybe you’ve been invited to a bunch of rooftop parties or backyard BBQs but you’re waiting on the right one – the one with best view of the fireworks, of course.
We’ve put together an OFFICIAL list of great spots to watch the fireworks in Greenpoint. Continue reading
‘Bout time we got the fireworks back from all places – NJ!?! We are going to cook hot dogs to our hearts’ content (even vegan ones!) at The Diamond on July 4th starting at 3pm. Here’s the deal – Brewla Bars + Yeah Dawg Vegan! + more will be available for purchase from 3-6pm. Then at 7-11pm there will be a straight up dance party courtesy of Brian Blackout. Don’t forget to RSVP on FB.
GOOD NEWS! The July 4th fireworks are returning to the East River this year, meaning we can watch them from rooftops across North Brooklyn.
We have fellow Brooklynite, Billy de Blasio, to thank for the change, which he announced on Monday. The fireworks will actually be launched from the Brooklyn Bridge and sources that we just made up say it will be spectacular. Continue reading