If you missed out on Joel’s tasty ‘Cilantro Orange Chicken’ and Dishan’s delicious ‘Lemon Pound Cake’ at Human@Ease’s last Organic Brunch in May, then attend the next one and try out new healthy sweet potato recipes.
It will take place at Human@Ease (31 Nassau Ave) this Saturday, July 19th from 1-2pm and will include nutritional information about organic foods, practical guidance on how to shop healthy, samples of the recipes (including an entire meal), some socializing afterwards, plus a Human@Ease kit with local coupons and tasty treats.
“One hour of your time, for a lifetime of nutritional value”
Learn more and apply here.
In the meantime, try this recipe for yourself!
– 3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
– Kosher salt
– 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
– Pinch of cayenne pepper
– 1/4 cup canola oil
– Freshly ground pepper
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Par-cook the potatoes: Place in a pot of water and boil until fork-tender; let cool. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths.
2. Preheat a grill to medium or place a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Mix 1 tablespoon salt, the lime zest and cayenne in a small bowl.
3. Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides (including the skin) and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
Total Time: 20 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min
Yield: 4 Servings
Courtesy of Food Network.
Sponsored post courtesy of Human@Ease.