Receive What’s Happening? via email!
There are more events in our weekly calendar. Submit Greenpoint events, too!
• Eating Your Feelings @ Word (126 Franklin St.) 7-8pm, FREE, Essayist, Mark Rosenberg, hosts real talk about body image in honor of his new collection, Eating My Feelings, covering his adventures from childhood fat camp to personal trainer flirtations. RSVP
• Midweek Mayhem @ Boulevard Tavern (579 Meeker) 9pm-midnight, FREE, get over the hump with $6 cocktails.
• Wetsuit @ Daddy’s (437 Graham Ave.) 10pm, FREE, Summer night party with DJ’s Paul and Jesse, RSVP
• Sample Sale @ Swords-Smith (98 S. 4th St.) 4-9pm, FREE (through 8/18), Featuring clothes and jewelry from In God We Trust and other designers, with Brooklyn Brewery Beer and Thorny Rose wine, RSVP
♫ Kid Dynamite / Joyce Manor / Red Hare / Swearin’ @ House of Vans (25 Franklin St.), 6pm, FREE with RSVP
♫ Potion Presents: MAD CHEMISTRY @ The West (397 Union Ave.) 7-10:30pm, FREE, Featuring acoustic performances by Cody Swanson / Andrew Sellers / Workman Song
• Chicken Premiere @ Bow Tie Cinemas a.k.a. Clearview Chelsea (260 West 23rd St.) 7pm, FREE, screening and after-party for a dark comedy about a Thai delivery man, shot in Greenpoint, Watch the teaser, More Info
• Williamsburg Loves Dumont @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave.) 6pm-midnight, Fundraiser to support the family of Dumont owner, Colin Devlin, whose tragic death was strongly felt in the local community. Raffles, Tacos and performances by American Darlings / Dead Stars / Eastern Hollows
♫ Out in the Streets Festival @ Onderdonk House (1820 Flushing Ave, Ridgewood) thru Sunday (8/18) 1pm, $20 Saturday/$12 Sunday, set in the backyard of a historic Ridgewood home this weekend fest will feature 2 days of indie bands, installation art, pop-up shops, and food trucks, OPEN BAR both days from 2-3pm, RSVP
♫ Sleepies / EULA / Big Ups / Shark? / Low Fat Getting High @ Rippers @ (Rockaway Beach 86) 6pm, Free (Suggested donations go to Restore Rockaway)
♫ Britpop with The Common People @ TBD Brooklyn (24 Franklin St) 8pm, FREE, Nostalgic for 90’s indie faves like Oasis, Blur, and The Smiths? Dance the night away and pretend the year 2000 never happened.
• Williamsburg Fashion Weekend Summer Party @ Secret Project Robot (389 Melrose St.) 2pm-1am, FREE, Celebrate Runway Passport‘s first online boutique with a fashion show, featuring the work of independent designers, drinks, and shopping, RSVP # Salo Tatlo @ The Mothership (252 Green St.) 6-10pm, $45, Enjoy a multi-course meal in a rooftop setting, featuring regional Philippino street food and grill fare from Greenpointers contributor and chef extraordinaire, Yana Gilbuena, RSVP, BUY TIX
♫ The Piggies / Threats / Hard Nips @ The Grand Victory (245 Grand St.), 8pm, FREE, featuring a backyard BBQ with cheap plates!
* Meeting on Crime @ Church of the Ascension (127 Kent St.) 6:30pm, FREE, Join the Greenpoint Neighrborhood Watch to discuss the recent spike in neighborhood crime with local police officers.
• WORD’s At the Waterfront with Atlas Review, Electric Literature, and Emily Books @ WORD (126 Franklin St) 7-8pm, FREE, Enjoy an evening of summer readings by Matt Donjny, Alex Morris, Helen Phillips, and Montana Ray, RSVP
# Foodie Event