What's Happening? (3/7-3/13)
* Yummy Eats Dim Sum & Wine @ Underground Supper Club (TBA), 7pm, $75, a four course-eight dish menu featuring wine pairings by Sommelier Lauren Johnson, Tix
• 94th Precinct Community Council Meeting @ Church of the Ascension (122 Java St.) 7pm
♥ Ladies with Ink @ Word (153 Franklin St.) 7pm, Join Stacy Pershall (Loud in the House of Myself) & Kitty Jo Sainte-Marie and Sue Jeiven (East River Tattoo) for a panel discussion of what it can mean to be a tattooed lady.
• Purim Masquerade @ Greenpoint Shul (108 Noble St.) 7:30pm, $13, Open bar & appetizers, RSVP: rabbi (at) greenpointshul.org
♫ Faster Pussycat @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.) $15, 8:30pm
♦ Your Day is My Night Screening @ Arts@Renaissance (2 Kingsland Ave) 7-9pm, FREE, Round Robin presents a preview & live performance by Lynne Sachs, in the film a collective of Chinese and Puerto Rican performers living in New York City explores the history and meaning of “shiftbeds” through verité conversations, character-driven fictions and integrated movement pieces, RSVP
♫ WOW/Hex Hex Hex/Lovestruck/Mondo Ray @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 9pm, $7
• New Parents Group @ Caribou Baby (272 Driggs Ave.) 1-4pm, Free, More info
♦ Arts Not Fair @ Like the Spice Gallery (224 Roebling St.) 6-9pm, Come March 11th, those other art fairs will have packed up and left town but Like the Spice will still be going strong, giving you a peak at what happens after the party ends when all that’s left are white walls, flat champagne, and unsold art. “Arts Not Fair” will ask the viewer to question what is a gallery? What is an art fair? As viewers do we want to see or be seen? is ART FAIR? RSVP
♦ Unexpected Party @ the one well (165 Greenpoint Ave.) 7pm, Artwork by Dana Crossan, RSVP
Happy Birthday to Caribou Baby! All weekend – sales & giveaways (272 Driggs Ave.)
♫ Beach Ball Family Dance Party @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave.) noon-3pm, $10/adult, $5/kid, to benefit the Williamsburg Neighborhood Nursery School, Tix
♦ Greenpointers Gallery Tour (30+ locations) 6-9pm, FREE, hosted by Greenpointers.com, many galleries and alternative locations will stay open late exhibiting artwork from local artists, download the map here, or pick up a copy in the WG, RSVP
• Greencycle Swap @ Greenpoint Shul (108 Noble St) 1-4pm, $5, Drop off your cleaned, gently used clothing, shoes, books, toys, bicycles, computers, electronics, phones & household items
• Po Prostu Milosz @ Third Ward (195 Morgan Ave, Bushwick) 7pm, $5, a series of videos in which vvitalny explores the politics of writing and the “Polish school of poetry ” through conversations – about legendary Polish poet Czeslaw Milosz – with leading American poets Bob Holman, Jane Hirshfield and Robert Pinsky
* Illuminating the Illuminating @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St.) 7:30pm, FREE, A Lecture on the Moon w/Jamie Hook
♥ Moto Mondays @ Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, FREE, watch the weeks races on the big screen.
• Release Party for Matthew Meets the Mann @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7-9pm, FREE, a reading party complete with music, photo-booth, and more presented by author/illustrator Travis Nichols. All ages welcome!, RSVP
♫ Free Advice @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St.) 11pm, When Bailey and Travis started playing, they had no idea they we’re related. But after extensive blood tests they found our that their musical link was also genetic…Free Advice is a family band whose aim is to exploit a unique, genetic communication.
Coming up: March 14, 2012, 7pm, Greenpointers Chutney Class with Drake from DP Chutney Collective @ Good Yoga, make and take home chutney, $25, more info
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event