Can you believe it’s already October?
For a listing of ongoing events click here.
• Oct. North Brooklyn Compost Project Meeting @ Urban Rustic (236 N. 12th) 6:30pm More info
• Launch Party for Sophie Blackall – MISSED CONNECTIONS @ WORD (126 Franklin) 7pm
• Comedy Night @ TBD (224 Franklin) 9pm
• Launch Party for Brooklyn Dry Goods @ In God We Trust (129 Bedford Ave.) 7-10pm, Brooklyn Dry Goods sets up Pop-Up Shop in back of Bedford store thru Sunday.
• Final Greenpoint Business Alliance Meeting? @ North Brooklyn Development Corporation (148-150 Huron) 7:30pm
• Quiz Night with The Professor @ TBD (224 Franklin) 9pm, $20 bar tab for winner
• Bruce Dickenson Wants You!!! @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan) 10pm FREE, DJs playing the hardest rock/metal/punk
• South County and Cree Rider @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer) 8:30-11pm RSVP
• Closing (PIE) PARTY for Round Robin’s LIVE / WORK SPACE @ Camel Art Space (722 Metropolitan) Bring a pie & discuss living & working conditions of NYC artists. RSVP.
• Oktoberfest @ Berry Park (4 Berry St), 9pm Ja Ja Ja’s, Live Oompah Band, FREE
• Banditas, Bunny’s a Swine, Mail the Horse & Shepard’s Pie @ Pentagon (251 N. Henry) 8:30pm, DIY music venue, RSVP
• Pumpkin Day @ McCarren Park Lawn, 11am-1pm, arts & crafts, live music.
• Community Stewardship Day @ American Playground (81 Franklin) Human Impacts Institute host with Greenpoint Y students. Open-to-the-public, volunteers do street tree care techniques.
• Yard Sale @ Greenpoint Reformed Church (136 Milton) 10-4pm, Church lawn, benefits Soup Kitchen
• 2 Nights of TRANS AM @ Union Pool (484 Union) 9pm, $15, playing Futureworld with psychic paramount
• Mario the Magician @ Word (126 Franklin) 1:30-2:30pm FREE, An uplifting, inventive, and highly interactive magical performance for the young and young-at-heart! Part retro, part rock and roll, Mario is an artist and inventor who creates his own props. RSVP
• Get To The Point 5K Run @ St. Stan’s (189 Driggs) 10:30-2pm, More info
• BYOB Community Bookswap @ Public Assembly (70 No. 6th) 12-6pm, $2, Benefits Housing Works
• ROTH-TOBERFEST @ The Diamond (43 Franklin) 3-9pm, backyard bash in honor of David Lee Roth. Free draft beer for anyone wearing a blond wig or lederhosen, Bratwurst & German Potato Salad, DJ Frau Baby Mama (Mary from Kill Devil Hill) spinning German drinking tunes, alternating with DJ Whatdoyouthinktheteachersgonnalooklikethisyear & Bring Your Own Pumpkin Van Halen themed pumpkin carving contest!
• A Potpourri of Song Not Bach @ St. Cecelia’s (80 Henry) 4pm $15, Performances: Mozart’s Exultate Jubilate & Fantasy; organ works by Buxtehude and Mendelssohn; Schubert’s The Shepherd on the Rock. Reception to follow.
• Brooklyn Night Bazaar @ Dekalb Market (138 Willoughby Street) 5pm-12am, Co-produced by Greenpointers’ Joann Kim. Inspired by night markets of Asia, showcasing local artists, vendors and musicians. Music from YACHT, Monogold, Trouble Andrew and DJ Sets, over 50 merchants & food vendors, beer & wine garden. More info.
• Open City Dialogues Queen Bee @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer) 7:30 FREE, Learn about bees, humankind’s smallest domesticated species, with Big Apple Apiculture and Meg Paska
• Star Fucking Hipsters (Record Release) / (A) Truth / Skelptarsis (formerly Death Mold) @ Europa (98 Meserole) 7pm, $8