WEDNESDAY 2/12 ♫ Karlie Bruce / Tom Brosseau / Christy & Emily @ The Paper Box (17 Meadow St, Bushwick) 8pm, $8 adv/ $10 dos, More Info ☺ Stand Up Comedy,The Cause B Show VII @ Greenpoint Heights (278 Nassau Aveune) 8:30 pm, FREE, free beer with donation, This night of stand-up created by comic Kerryn Feehand and local community organizer Victoria Varney gets comedians together to give a voice to underrepresented causes – this one being the Northside Townhall. RSVP ♫ Q-Tip / Natasha Diggs @ Output (74 Wythe Ave) 10 pm, $15 adv/ Buy Tix
THURSDAY 2/13 ♥ Valentine’s Fete @ People of 2morrow (65 Franklin Street) 6 pm, FREE, Say I love you to yourself at this social gathering/artisan meet up, with floral arrangements by Fox and Fodder, nails by Joe Shep and 25% off Malaya Organics Bath and Body Products ♦ Art Opening: Recover Projects Launch with Tristan Fitch @ Rekover Projects (77 Franklin Street) 7 pm, FREE, See “Before Intersections,” a collection of 50 new paintings with more than 150 geometric shapes assembled on wood by Tristan Fitch, MORE INFO ☺ Comedy Night with Seth Olenick and Friends @ WORD (126 Franklin St) 7-8pm, FREE, Join Seth Olenick / Jeaneane Garolfalo / Dave Hill for a night in honor of Olenick’s newly published collection, Funny Business, RSVP ♫ Exploding in Sound & Ipsum Present: Grass is Green / Slonk Donkerson / Heeney / Please / Washer @ Shea Stadium (20 Meadow St, Bushwick) 8pm, $8, RSVP Continue reading →
• Oct. North Brooklyn Compost Project Meeting @ Urban Rustic (236 N. 12th) 6:30pm More info • Launch Party for Sophie Blackall – MISSED CONNECTIONS @ WORD (126 Franklin) 7pm • Comedy Night @ TBD (224 Franklin) 9pm
• Closing (PIE) PARTY for Round Robin’s LIVE / WORK SPACE @ Camel Art Space (722 Metropolitan) Bring a pie & discuss living & working conditions of NYC artists. RSVP.
• Oktoberfest @ Berry Park (4 Berry St), 9pm Ja Ja Ja’s, Live Oompah Band, FREE
• Banditas, Bunny’s a Swine, Mail the Horse & Shepard’s Pie @ Pentagon (251 N. Henry) 8:30pm, DIY music venue, RSVP SATURDAY 10/8
• Pumpkin Day @ McCarren Park Lawn, 11am-1pm, arts & crafts, live music. • Community Stewardship Day @ American Playground (81 Franklin) Human Impacts Institute host with Greenpoint Y students. Open-to-the-public, volunteers do street tree care techniques. • Yard Sale @ Greenpoint Reformed Church (136 Milton) 10-4pm, Church lawn, benefits Soup Kitchen • 2 Nights of TRANS AM @ Union Pool (484 Union) 9pm, $15, playing Futureworld with psychic paramount
• Mario the Magician @ Word (126 Franklin) 1:30-2:30pm FREE, An uplifting, inventive, and highly interactive magical performance for the young and young-at-heart! Part retro, part rock and roll, Mario is an artist and inventor who creates his own props. RSVP
• Get To The Point 5K Run @ St. Stan’s (189 Driggs) 10:30-2pm, More info
• BYOB Community Bookswap @ Public Assembly (70 No. 6th) 12-6pm, $2, Benefits Housing Works
• ROTH-TOBERFEST @ The Diamond (43 Franklin) 3-9pm, backyard bash in honor of David Lee Roth. Free draft beer for anyone wearing a blond wig or lederhosen, Bratwurst & German Potato Salad, DJ Frau Baby Mama (Mary from Kill Devil Hill) spinning German drinking tunes, alternating with DJ Whatdoyouthinktheteachersgonnalooklikethisyear & Bring Your Own Pumpkin Van Halen themed pumpkin carving contest!
• A Potpourri of Song Not Bach @ St. Cecelia’s (80 Henry) 4pm $15, Performances: Mozart’s Exultate Jubilate & Fantasy; organ works by Buxtehude and Mendelssohn; Schubert’s The Shepherd on the Rock. Reception to follow.
• Brooklyn Night Bazaar @ Dekalb Market (138 Willoughby Street) 5pm-12am, Co-produced by Greenpointers’ Joann Kim. Inspired by night markets of Asia, showcasing local artists, vendors and musicians. Music from YACHT, Monogold, Trouble Andrew and DJ Sets, over 50 merchants & food vendors, beer & wine garden. More info.
• Open City Dialogues Queen Bee @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer) 7:30 FREE, Learn about bees, humankind’s smallest domesticated species, with Big Apple Apiculture and Meg Paska
• Star Fucking Hipsters (Record Release) / (A) Truth / Skelptarsis (formerly Death Mold) @ Europa (98 Meserole) 7pm, $8