* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
Hey, Greenpoint! Hope you’re keeping warm in this frigid weather, and enjoying the swing time between Christmas and the New Year. You might be merry, but the news cycle was biblical. Both Loaves and Fishes were in the spotlight.
♫ More Women in the Art World @ 188 Broadway, 6pm, FREE, Join us for an art exhibition, music, interviews, activities, and discussions. If you are a female-identifying person in the arts, we want to interview you at our event on what you think is missing in the art world! More info # Big Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive @ Anella (222 Franklin St), 6:30pm & 8:30pm Seatings, $75, Fundraiser dinner includes three-courses and wine. All proceeds go towards delivering toys to kids who are most impacted by homelessness, poverty and food insecurity throughout North Brooklyn. Join NYC Together, the local community, and Anella to bring kids in need some holiday cheer! Buy tix # Feed the Resistance with Julia Turshen and Jessica Harris @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Cookbook author Julia Turshen and food scholar Dr. Jessica Harris discuss ways we can become more politically engaged and active through the power of food and the dinner table, Buy tix ♫ Inventory @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Follow the journey Inventory has taken since its start in 2014, witnessing the diverse creations and unique style the company continues to develop, Buy tix ♫ The Dear Hunter @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $25, Buy tix # Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancini aplenty. Win Beer! Win Food! RSVP
♫ Re/IMAGINE: Holiday Ball for No Kid Hungry @ The William Vale (111 N 12th St), 7pm, $40 suggested, Peace Accelerators, we are SUPERNATURAL, and Future Clear will transform the Ballroom into an exploration of our high potential. Expect an immersive forum for radical inspiration and community activation and even possibly… romantic connection, Buy tix ♫ Honey Harper, Nicholas Nicholas, Calvin LeCompte @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Thank You Scientist / Bent Knee @ Rough Trade (64 N 9th St), 8pm, $15, Buy tix ☺ Drop the Mike @ Threes @ Franklin + Kent (113 Franklin St), 8pm, FREE, Drop the Mike 2nd year anniversary/holiday party hosted by Kendra Cunningham, More info Continue reading →
* Witchcraft 101: Saintcraft @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7:30pm, $20, Explore the age-old use of Catholic Saints and iconology within folk magic traditions throughout the world, Buy tix ♫ The Hold Steady @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $40, Buy tix ♫ Susie Ibarra (Album Release) w/ DreamTime Ensemble @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $15, The pieces for this album were inspired by the idea of perception and sensory experiences. Perception allows the ability to take in sensory information, make it into something meaningful and to interact with our environment, Buy tix
♦ Brickman Brothers Art Galla @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, The Brickman Brothers have decided to join forces to bring to you a night of our art. Accompanying the art will be amazing music spun on vinyl by Rich Chwastiak, More info # Vegan Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $20 or less, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna, RSVP * How To Love Yourself: Raw & Real w/ Kaela May @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $22, Discuss how we can actively release and shed the inner conflict & battle while shifting into ease & acceptance, RSVP ♫ Babylawns, Travis Alexander, Dodgeball, hammydown @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Ya’ll Ready for This @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 9:30pm, FREE, C’mon and slam!, More info Continue reading →
* ¡Pa’lante Puerto Rico! Happy hour benefit @ Mcondo Los Tacos (502 Grand St), 6pm, FREE, All proceeds raised at the bar will go to benefit front-line efforts in Puerto Rico! Every $1 raised will be multiplied and matched by $8!, More info ^ Matthew Weiner presents “Heather, the Totality” @ WORD (126 Franklin St), 6:30pm, $32, From the creator of Mad Men, “Heather, the Totality” examines power, privilege, and family and will provide fascinating fodder for the discussion between Weiner and Bailey Prize-winning novelist A.M. Homes, Buy tix * Sacred Tantric Sound Healing @ Narayana Yoga Project (191 Nassau Ave), 8pm, $40, Enjoy sacred sound mantras to clear and open chakras, be present in the moment through journey via senses and connect our hearts and spirits, RSVP ♫ Canticum Interruptus? @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $8, Canticum Interr_ptus? new breeds in music and media performance, More info
# Timballo Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $18-ish, An evening of Sicilian-style timballo, (a highly theatrical savory multi-layered pie). Beer, wine & Uncouth Vermouth for sale, RSVP ♦ CPR Presents: Fall Movement Festival 2017 @ Center for Performance Research (361 Manhattan Ave), 7:30pm, $10, The Fall Movement series includes works-in-progress, finished pieces, and premieres of creative and unique collaborations with filmmakers, musicians, and visual artists, Buy tix ♫ The Bloody Beetroots, Rituals of Mine, Hiyawatha @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $25, Buy tix ♫ Ekstatik: A New Jack Witch Ritual Dance Party @ Tilt BK (248 McKibbin St), 10pm, FREE, Featuring dark electronic, freestyle, 90s rave, and more. Dancing is witchcraft, More info Continue reading →
* Day of the Ancestors (Dead) Celebration w/ Maestro Manuel Rufino @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 6pm, FREE, Come and make PEACE with your ancestors, heal old relationships, make peace with the ones that left before us, reprogram your DNA. Forget, forgive, let go, More info ♫ Boris w/ Mutoid Man, Endon @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 8pm, $22, Buy tix ☺ Bazaar Comedy ft. Josh Johnson, Janelle James, Mookie Thompson and more! @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, $8, Hosted by Mookie Thompson and featuring nationally recognized acts with no drink minimum and no absurd ticket price. This is the real deal, More info ☺ Parks and Recreation Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 9pm, FREE, Watch for things like the Snakehole lounge, breakfast food, and portraits of Hillary Clinton. Listen for mentions of “Tammy,” “Duke Silver,” and “Mouserat.” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink! More info
♫ Día de Los Muertos Happy Hour and Dance Party @ Cantina Royal (58 N 3rd St), 6:30pm, $50, Join Mixteca Organization for a celebration of life and the Day of the Dead. Mexican food and drinks and music by DJ Geko Jones! Proceeds will benefit Mixteca Organization’s legal and emotional health services for recently-arrived immigrants, Buy tix ♫ AVERSED/Circuitry/Dead City Crown/Animist/Suaka @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ CF25: Kicking Giant, Pacific Ocean, Bridget St John, Honeybunch @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $15, Buy tix Continue reading →
WHAT: Polish/American Karaoke!
WHERE: Warsaw/Polish National Home | 261 Driggs Ave
WHEN: Thurs, Oct 26 @ 8pm
Tix $10, RSVP here
Wydaje Ci się że umiesz śpiewać? Sprawdźmy to!!Zapraszamy na Polskie Karaoke! Chcemy Cię usłyszeć i milo spędzić wspólnie czas! W tym tygodniu mamy dla Was przygotowany konkurs na najlepszy Halloweenowy kostium! Do wygrania darmowa wejsciówka na nastepną imprezę + ulubiony drink w barze!
It’s time to sing your heart out and rock the night away! Join us for Polish Karaoke night!
This week we have a surprise for you! We will be hosting a Best Halloween Costume Contest! Winner gets a FREE DRINK of their choosing as well as FREE ENTRY to our next Karaoke event! Good Luck!
Join EcoHealth Alliance’s Young Professionals Council at the Brooklyn Brewery (79 North 11th St) on Thursday, Oct. 19th starting at 7:30pm for a deep dive into how diseases are spread and a demonstration of the latest in technology used to stop diseases in their tracks.
Brooklyn Oktoberfest comes to The Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (67 West St) this weekend (10/20-10/22) with an authentic Munich festival tent, complete with Bavarian blue & white decorations, live music, German dancers, ceremonial keg tapping, sausages, roast port, pretzels, and rare limited edition German beer! Greenpointers get $10 off tix! Buy yours here with discount code “Greenpoint”.
* Trauma & Tension Release for Inner Peace @ Narayana Yoga Project (191 Nassau Ave), 6:30pm, $45, This workshop will teach you a fascinating approach to trauma, our bodies and our emotions. You will receive take-home tools and practical information from Yoga Therapy and other forms of trauma releasing work, Buy tix # Istanbul and Beyond with Robyn Eckhardt @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Istanbul & Beyond documents regional cuisines and life in the villages, cities, farms, and high pastures of the lesser-known provinces throughout Turkey, Buy tix * Lunation Kundalini Shakti Transmission New Moon In Libra @ Golden Drum (97 Green St), 7:30pm, $25, This New Moon is the perfect energy as the double air energy creates more space for our creativity to flow into the Earth Realm, Buy tix ♫ Chorizo Slim and The Boogie Blues Band @ TROOST (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Chorizo Slim returns to team up with Stan Zenkoff, Charles Bennet, and Daniel Goldshtein to play their own style of 40’s/50’s Rhythm & Blues and Boogie Woogie, More info
* Energizing and Focusing Morning Qi Gong @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 8am, $10, This morning class will focus on Qi massage and movement practices aimed at waking up your body and balancing your mind. No experience necessary, More info * New Moon Sound Bath with Reiki Healing @ Magick City (37 Box St), 6:30pm, $44, During this Sound Bath Meditation we will help you to harmonize your dreams with your mind, body and spirit by taking you deeper into your own intuitive guidance, Buy tix ♦ Karrabing Film Collective’s Night Time Go + Inaat/se/ @ Union Docs (322 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $10, We are lucky to have the Karrabing Collective in town for a night of documentary that blends the nuanced, overt, and specific ways the colonialized have and continue to resist, Buy tix ♫ Aerial Ruin, Blacksage, Nighttime @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, $10, Aerial Ruin, based in Portland, Oregon is the primarily acoustic solo project of Erik Moggridge whose “richly evocative dark folk style makes for a head-in-hand listening experience, Buy tix ♫ Zula (EP Release), Combo Chimbita, Erica Eso, Frank Hurricaine @ The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $10, Buy tix Continue reading →
Chicano Batman packed Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) for their second night in New York City. The fall tour supports their album Freedom Is Free, released in March. The album is among Billboard’s Best Albums of 2017 So Far and was recorded at Diamond Mine Recordings in nearby Long Island City. The tour kicked off in their hometown of Los Angeles late September, with three sold-out shows at The Fonda Theatre.
Openers Khruangbin & The Shacks started off the evening with mellow vibes and some instrumental tracks that felt almost improvised. The tempo eventually revved up a bit to pump-up the audience in preparation for the energetic headliners. Chicano Batman blends the sounds of soul, Brazilian Tropicalía and a bit of old school R&B.Like the well-dressed performers of their 1970’s predecessors, these are show men. You can see a display of that showmanship in their debut Conan performance filmed earlier this year.Continue reading →
♦ Annie Novak’s Illustrations on Birds @ Kingsland Wildflowers (520 Kingsland Ave), 6pm, FREE, Author Annie Novak’s new work explores animal migration with history, humor, curiosity, and a vibrant visual imagination, prompting the reader to look at the skies above in a new light, More info * Sacred Song School Fundraiser for Puerto Rico @ Sacred Arts Research Foundation (107 Green St), 7pm, FREE, Class dedicated to raise funds for the purchasing & distribution of food & water. We are in direct contact with a group of people who are working to supply those in need, RSVP ♫ Moses Sumney w/ Xenia Rubinos @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St), 8pm, $22, Buy tix
THURSDAY 10/12 * Hurricane Maria Relief Drive @ The Living Gallery BK (1094 Broadway), 4pm, FREE, Hey There Beautiful Inc, Queens of Abundance and The Trap are collaborating to support relief efforts in Puerto Rico, More info ♦ Labyrinth Coloring Party @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave), 6:45pm, $22, Each ticket includes a copy of Jim Henson’s Labyrinth Adult Coloring Book and a set of colored pencils so you can color along to the film! Buy tix ♫ OxenFree (Record Release), Vassals, The Royal They @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ BEMF Presents: DJ Marky, Reid Speed, Kellam Matthews @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $15, Buy tix Continue reading →