This Saturday (3/19) from 1-5pm, Greenpoint Beer & Ale (7 No 15th St) has organized their Firkin Awesome Cask Festival, where we will have the rare opportunity to try beer the way it was originally made to drink before refrigeration and carbonation.
Real ale is beer that is naturally carbonated by yeast consuming fermentables within a closed vessel, also called cask conditioned. A lot like bottle conditioning, but on a larger format. It’s a traditional English way of serving beer. No extraneous CO2 is used to dispense the beer as in a typical draft system, and it’s usually softly carbonated and served at cellar temperature in order to showcase the delicate, nuanced flavors found in English malt, hops, and yeast.
We’ll have an outstanding lineup of firkins (a 10.8 gallon cask) from…
- Rockaway Brewing Co.
- Gun Hill Brewing Co.
- LIC Beer Project
- Sixpoint Brewery – Little Raspy – Kettle Sour Raspberry Sour
- Bronx Brewing – Spring Tea – Spring Pale Ale with Tea
- Greenpoint Beer and Ale Co. – Gurning Man – Best Bitter
- Greenpoint Beer and Ale Co. – Pendulum – Pale Brett
- Greenpoint Beer and Ale Co. – Keeping Porter
- Greenpoint Beer and Ale Co. – Smash St. – XPA
- And more
(Sponsored post courtesy of Greenpoint Beer & Ale)