A secret venue in Brooklyn will be taken over for an immersive night of never-before-seen talks and performances. The evening includes:
- Blonde Redhead‘s Kazu Makino will be surprising the crowd with never before seen material (it’s even a secret to us)
- one of the world’s leading gonzo journalists Jon Ronson, who is best known for his investigation into public shaming, will be unveiling his new project
- indie filmmaker Josephine Decker will be doing a top secret performance
- NYC busker-turned-activist Andrew Kalleen will be bringing a troupe of street musicians for a show-stopping performance
- internationally renowned visual artist Diana Al-Hadid will discuss her work and its visual influences
- poet, novelist, and artist Tao Lin, who has just published a new book, Selected Tweets, with poet Mira Gonzalez, will surely generate discussion, and
- urban explorer Steve Duncan will share the secrets of the city’s underground.
Guests will enjoy free beer by Brooklyn Brewery, cider by Rekorderlig, and ZICO Coconut Water. We even have a specially designed Moleskine notebook giveaway for the first 100 guests who arrive on Friday.
If you come hungry, there will be Zia Green Chile Company and Butter & Scotch on site providing food for purchase. And since the environment is important to us, we will have a bike valet on hand (Thanks Transportation Alternatives and Spinlister!), but there will also be parking for those who may need it. The site is accessible subway and a short walk, and you will be wowed by the view and site, which slowly transforms into visual wonderland at night.
The secret location will be revealed to ticket holders two days before the event. Please be reassured that it will not be a massive trek — no more than 40 minutes by public transportation from Union Square. Check here for clues about the space.
Tickets are available here. 20% discount for Greenpointers readers! Use the code LOSTBK.
See you there!
Sponsored post courtesy of Hyperallergic.