Sugar Sweets Festival, Howl-O-Ween, Ken’s Satanic Circus – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (10/22–10/28)
Sky Bar & Grill, 804 Grand St
October 31 & November 1, 10pm, $10–$20, Buy tix
For two nights, you’re allowed to party with no rules. No club dress code. No small, packed space. Just GOOD vibes (and even better music).
Costume contest, music from DJ X5Rob and DJ Danny, plus half price on selected draft beers from 9–10pm.
What are you waiting for? Get your tickets now and come join us in the night!
* Weird Tales & Scary Stories @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, FREE, With Christopher Buehlman / Tobias Carroll / Michael Cisco / Katherine Howe, RSVP
♦ Lone Stars @ 7 Dunham (7 Dunham Pl) 7pm, FREE, An exhibition highlighting four unique perspectives from young artists born and raised in Texas who have recently relocated to New York, plus free beer & wine all night, RSVP
♫ Rhythms of Africa @ Golden Drum (97 Green St, #G1) 7:30pm, FREE, Explore the rhythms of Africa through traditional music and dance, RSVP
# Pretty Things: Bocky Hour @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) 6pm, FREE, A night of Pretty Things beers on draft, including Field Mouses Farewell, Fringe, Fluffy White Rabbits, and the brand new Bocky Bier, More info
* Kevin and Matt Geek Out About Zombies @ Nitehawk Cinema (136 Metropolitan Ave), 9:30pm, $17, Featuring dozens of clips including zombie film highlights from Italian, Asian, British, and Mexican filmmakers, More info
♫ Red Bull Sound Selects @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 8pm, $3, With Wild Cub / Liam Bailey / Denitia and Sene / Marian Hill, RSVP
♦ Beat Night: Exchange Rates @ Norte Maar (83 Wyckoff Ave #1B) 6pm, FREE, Several Bushwick galleries host an international exchange of galleries and artists, More info
* Risky Talking @ Streb (51 North 1st St) 7pm, $10, Laura Flanders of GRITtv and Action Architect Elizabeth Streb have a no-holds-barred public discussion about risk and change, Buy tix
* The Cinema of Pierre Coulibeuf @ The Picture Show (226 Green St) 7pm, $6, Coulibeuf presents the logic of painting, photography, literature, and performance art in a cinematic language in three of his short films: “Amor Neutre,” “Pavillion Noir,” and “Magnetic Cinema,” More info
* Variety Show Sampler @ Triskelion Arts (118 North 11th St) 10:30pm, $10, Featuring a smorgasbord of NYC’s finest comics, singers, dancers, clowns, burlesque performers, and variety artists showing off their chops, Buy tix
# 5th Annual Havemeyer Sugar Sweets Festival @ City Reliquary (370 Metropolitan Ave) 10am, FREE, A sweet-tooth smorgasbord featuring treats donated by everyone from humble home chefs to top-tier pros and landmark New York bakeries, More info
* Glittering Realms: Greenpoint’s Industrial Past @ Anthony’s Roman Catholic Church (862 Manhattan Ave) 11am, $20, Join Newtown Creek Alliance Historian Mitch Waxman us on a walking tour through this ancient neighborhood and its past as a colonial center and 19th century industrial powerhouse, Buy tix
* Halloween Dog Parade @ McGolrick Park, 1pm, FREE, bring your mutt dressed in his best costume for prizes and goodies!
* Zombie Craft Night @ Brooklyn Craft Co. (61 Greenpoint Ave) 5pm, $95, Includes eight DIY projects, drinks, snacks, and the sparkling company of your fellow zombie crafters, More info
* Ken’s Satanic Circus @ Big Sky Works (29 Wythe Ave) 8pm, $10, With live trapeze, bands, dancing, fire spinning, visuals, and more, RSVP
* Dog-E-Dog’s 3rd Annual Howl-O-Ween @ McCarren Park dog run, 1pm, FREE, The biggest dog costume party east of the East River, More info
* Traumathon @ Knockdown Center (52-19 Flushing Ave) 2pm, FREE, A combination bachelor auction / craft fair / flea market / fun run / lock-in / pancake breakfast / raffle / spaghetti dinner / talent show with midway amusements & fun for the whole family, RSVP
# Gala Gala Hey Apple Festival @ The Drink (228 Manhattan Ave) 3pm, FREE, Celebrate the almighty apple with fresh pie from Four & Twenty Blackbirds, cider flights, cider on tap, apple pairings, old-timey music, bobbing for apples, corn hole and more, More info
* Halloween MuseIAm @ The Muse (32D South 1st St) 7:30pm, $15, A night of dance, circus, comedy, poetry, burlesque, acting, music, multimedia, and more, RSVP
* The Starr Reading Series @ Bushwick Starr (207 Starr St) 8pm, FREE, A staged reading of “Frontières sans Frontières” by Phillip Howze, RSVP
♫ A Place to Bury Strangers @ Death By Audio (49 South 2nd St) 8pm, $8, With Broken Water / Gold Dime / White Suns, RSVP
♫ No Devotion @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 7pm, $15, With Ricky Eat Acid / Black Clouds / Creepoid, Buy tix
♫ Break Into the Dead of Night Bash @ Cameo Gallery (93 North 6th St) 8pm, FREE, Presented by Dead Bolt Wine, featuring Slothrust and the Teen Age, RSVP
* Greenpointers Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event
# Foodie Event