14 restaurants will be participating, each offering a three-course dinner for $25, and half of them offering a two-course lunch for a mere $10. These deals are much cheaper than those in Manhattan, with the added bonus that all the restaurants are within walking distance of Greenpoint!
Here are some deals that particularly caught our eye:
The Grand Bar and Grill (647 Grand St.)
Restaurant week deal: Three delicious courses and the chance to check out this popular new gastropub.
– Field Greens Salad with Chèvre, Sunchokes, Golden Balsamic
– Asparagus and Radicchio Risotto with Chive oil and Parmesan
– Pork Chop with Creamy Polenta, Roasted Turnips, Gremolata
Bahia Restaurant (690 Grand St.)
Restaurant week deal: Three courses and a glass of wine/beer
– Golden Fried Coconut Shrimp, Served with Chipotle with Honey Mustard Sauce
– Fresh Tilapia Fillet in a White Wine Sauce with Scallions, Capers & Tomatoes
– Amaretto Cheese Cake
Mahzen Grill (739 Grand St.)
Restaurant week deal: Four courses (appetizer, salad, main, and dessert)
– Zucchini Pancakes: Shredded zucchini, dill, parsley, and feta
– Fillet Branzini: Chargrilled whole stripe bass, with grilled eggplant and sautéed spinach in caper butter sauce
– Mahzen Meatball: Chargrilled lamb meatballs with grilled zucchini and tomato bulgur
– Lava Cake: Warm Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream
The Sandwich Shop (658A Grand St.)
Restaurant week deal: Great selection of scrummy sandwiches, soups and salads
– The Norwegian Sandwich: Smoked salmon, scallions, pickled red onions, pickled radishes, capers and sour cream on baguette bread
– El Latino Sandwich: Slow cooked leg of pork (pernil), fresh tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and fresh black pepper on soft bread
– California Dreaming Salad: Slow cooked pulled chicken, avocado, pickled jalapeños, pickled red onions, pickled radishes, cotija cheese and scallion sour cream on a bed of mesclun, with citric vinaigrette.