Harry & The Potters, Cookie Party & A Very Metal Christmas– What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (12/18-12/24)
• Pictures With Santa @ Community Garden near the McCarren Park Dog Run, SATURDAY (12/21), 12-4pm, FREE, put your furry friends in their best seasonal sweaters (ideally you have one to match) and get your family photo snapped with Santa! Holiday card, complete.
There are more events in our weekly calendar.
Submit Greenpoint events, too!
• How Metal Stole Christmas Trivia Extravaganza @ Trash Bar (256 Grand St) 7:30-10pm, FREE, Grinch it up at this black Christmas revelry, with cheap drink specials and bonus points to any team who comes dressed in leather or as a grumpy cat
♫ BestNewBands.com Showcase with Honduras / Shy Hunters / The Wendigo / Spirit Plate / Jumpers @ Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $7, RSVP
♫ Every Time I Die / LetLive / Code Orange Kids / Angel Du$t @ Saint Vitus Bar (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, SOLD OUT, RSVP
# Rarities from the Cellar @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) 8pm, $20, Sample craft beers from the hidden Diamond vault, while munching on smoked schevre and aged cheddar (drool), More Info
♫ Lilith Velkor / Larp / Dirt Bikes / (E) Motion Picture @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8pm, FREE, RSVP
* Bushwick Daily Holiday + 3rd Bday Party @ The Rookery (425 Troutman St, Bushwick) 7pm-midnight, FREE, Celebrate the ho-ho-holidays with our fave Bushwick blog, there will be an “interactive gratitude tree,” a seasonal photo booth and snacks from Bushwick Farmer’s Market, RSVP
☺ The Cause B Show VI: Home 4 da Holidays @ Greenpoint Heights (271 Nassau Ave) 8:30pm, FREE (and free beer with donation), Enjoy stand-up while supporting the homeless population in NYC through Common Ground, RSVP
☺ Waterproof Towel: A Comedy Show @ Warsaw (261 Driggs) 8:30pm, FREE, Warm yourself up with a blanket of laughter and Polish beer at this stand-up show featuring Liz Miele (Comedy Central) / Zefrey Throwell (artist) / Josh Gondelman (Comedy Central) / Taylor Clark / Charlie Kasov (MTV’s Guy Code)
♫ No Biggity @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 11pm, FREE, this local, instrumental trio exclusively plays 90’s hits, proving that the dream of the 90’s is alive in Brooklyn, take that Portland
♫ Guity Pleasures: Music You Hate to Love @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 8pm, FREE, Get your fill of music you secretly love but are embarrased to admit i.e. the Spin Doctors, Third Eye Blind, Selena Gomez, new Britney, old Britney, and Bieber (?)
♫ Hello Phones “Future City” Record Release Party with Le Boum / Mindtroll @ The Gutter (200 N.14th St) 6pm, $5
♫ The Milton Street Revival Band Record Release Party/Benefit Concert @ Brooklyn Rod & Gun Club (59 Kent Ave) 9pm, FREE, Celebrate the release of the band’s holiday album with a live show and a Christmas carol sing-along (from 6-8pm), all proceeds from CD sales benefit the Greenpoint Soup Kitchen
• Female Trouble @ Nitehawk (Metropolitan) 12:15am, Get ridiculous with this midnight screening of John Water’s famously bad movie about the life and times of Dawn Davenport, who gets pregnant while hitchhiking and becomes a model, among other adventures, More Info
♫ Harry Potter Yule Ball 2013 with Harry & The Potters / The Potter Puppet Pals / Lauren Fairweather @ the Bell House (149 7th St, Gowanus) 6pm, $18, BUY TIX
♫ The So So GLos / California X / Darlings Gothamist DJ’s @ Brooklyn Night Bazaar (165 Banker Stree) 6pm-midnight, FREE, More Info
♫ Supercrush Studio Presents: Wild Stalins / Public Speaking / Jon Mizrachi / Dead Beat Dad / My Love MHz @ Radio Bushwick (22 Wyckoff Ave) 8pm, FREE, RSVP
• Video Night + Canned Good Drive @ Boulevard Tavern (579 Meeker Ave) 11pm, FREE, Groove to music videos from VJ TnKrnLs (not a typo) and DJ Nick Klein, and bring some canned goods for Brooklyn Eats Cares, RSVP
♫ Bad Blood Records XMAS Party with Spank Rock / Jubilee @ Glasslands (289 Kent) 11:30pm, $12, BUY TIX
♫ Holiday Cookie Party @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) 3-6pm, FREE, Bring a batch of cookies for swapping and take a mixed batch home for Christmas nibbling (and try some seasonal beer while you’re at it)
• Santa Visits Jellio @ The Flying Squirrel (87 Oak St) 3-7pm, the coolest Santa photos around + free candy and gummy bear toys!
♫ Preservation Hall Jazz Band @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave) 8pm, $20, Catch this New Orleans jazz ensemble do their thing, RSVP
♫ Chimes / Exploded View / Bob and Martha / Dog Water @ Glasslands (289 Kent) 8:30pm, $10, BUY TIX
• Christmas Eve Candlelight Services @ St. John’s Lutheran Church (155 Milton Street) 6pm & 8pm, FREE, More Info
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones likely
♦ Art Event
# Foodie Event