• Poker Unleashed @ TBD (224 Franklin) 7:30 registration, “Play for dogs, & for the Kitty,” proceeds donated to Dog Habitat Rescue, Highrollers Table & Learn to Hold ‘Em RSVP: pokerunleashed (at) gmail.com, More info
• 3rd Annual Richardson Pumpkin Carve @ The Richardson (451 Graham) 5-8pm, Bring a pumpkin, carve it, get a free beer! Bring extra tools if you can…
THURSDAY – SUNDAY
1st ANNUAL GREENPOINT FILM FESTIVAL
@ Broadway Stages (222 West) Full Program
• Melissa Pierson and John Ryan @ Brooklyn Moto (215 N. 10th) 7pm, Explore the pleasures and perils of long-distance motorcycling, the Iron Butts competition, and one man’s mission to outride everyone else with author Melissa Pierson and John Ryan, subject of The Man Who Would Stop at Nothing.
• BARC Murder Mystery Dinner @ Giando’s (400 Kent) 7pm, $125, Interactive Murder Mystery 3 Course Dinner, Open Bar, Raffle drawing, DJ and Dancing, Buy tickets
• Dim Sum Happy Hour @ TBD (224 Franklin) 6:30-9pm, Presented by Yummy Eats, DJ Concerned, followed by Quiz Night
• 15th Annual Brooklyn Public Library Gala: Masquerade Bowl @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe) 6:30-9:30pm then afterparty, $500, Buy tickets
* ALL HALLOWEEN WEEKEND *
• Stocking Up: How the Grocer and Shopper Can Take Back Food Choice w/Bi Rite Market @ The Brooklyn Kitchen (100 Frost) 6:30pm, FREE, discuss the path that food takes to our table, and the critical role that grocers play in feeding us More info
• All You Need is Love – Yoga to the Beatles @ Good Yoga (73 Calyer) 7:30-9pm Reserve
• Listen Party Issue Rooftop Release Party: Sleeping Outside @ Good Yoga (73 Calyer) 9pm, hear the new issue through listening stations in tents pitched on the roof under the stars, beer by brooklyn brewery, More info
• Braun of Midnight High Acoustic Set @ Wyne A Bit (200 Franklin) 6-8, free admission
• Beat Nite (Bushwick) 6-10pm, Galleries stay open late, sponsored by Hyperallergic, Afterparty @ The Bodega More info: Norte Maar, Highlighted Show: CONCRETE SOUND: an installation by Audra Wolowiec @ Norte Maar (83 Wycoff) 6-10pm, a modular series of cast concrete sculptures that accumulate to form muted landscapes RSVP
• Vintage Vinyl Records Halloween @ The Bedford (110 Bedford) 10pm, Presented by Chills & Fever, Scary records & bloody records with DJ Tony & Cowboy Mark RSVP
• Night @ Pentagon (251 North Henry) 10pm $5, “A space to begrudgingly feel empty, alone, out of place …Your only sense is smell. A hint of whiskey, the rich stench of leather and tears on the dancefloor. Let’s get apocalyptic.” goth, post-punk, dark wave, industrial, death rock, GOTHS, GAYS, WEIRDOS UNITE
• Greenpoint Film Festival Afterparty @ TBD (224 Franklin), 10pm
• Spirit Halloween Bash @ Veronica People’s Club (105 Franklin) Tarot Card Jamboree Happy Hour 4pm-9pm, Spirit Animal Costume Party 10pm, Pizza & Drink Specials, RSVP
• Town Square’s Halloween Parade & Party @ Polish Slavic Center (176 Java) 2pm, Parade Down Manhattan Ave, Party to follow until 5 pm (ages up to 12 yrs). Arts & Crafts, Food & Drinks, Games, Music. $5, kids must be accompanied by an adult.
• Haunted House Obstacle Course @ The Gym Park (81 Oak) 11am-6:30pm, ages: 3-12yrs, $5 in advance, $7 at the door More info
• Red Bull Trick or Treat @ Newtown Barge (Commercial) 5-9:30pm, Free for All Ages, 32 of the most core and respected BMX riders, including Edwin De La Rose, will gather for a contest that will be full of tricks, and for the rider that survives til the end, some much deserved treats. $1 Raffle tickets to win shoes, hats & gear from DC.
• Halloween Party @ Connie O’s (158 Norman) 7pm, $1 Jello Shots, Music, Kelly is bartending
• Night of the Living Dead @ Mark Bar (1025 Manhattan) Come through the Pearly Gates and be judged by St. Peter. Best costumes get drinks.
• Halloween Masquerade Dinner & Dance @ St. Stan’s (12 Newell) 8pm until Midnight, $30 in advance, $40 at the door, ADULTS ONLY, drinks, buffet, dance, costumes, Tix at rectory (607 Humboldt or call 718-388-0170)
• Dia De Los Muertos @ Boulevard Tavern (579 Meeker) 10pm-4am, No Cover, Costumes, DJ Cyclonus, Goth, Industrial, EBM, Dark Wave, Death Rock, Dark 80s More info
• Halloween Salon Show @ Greenpoint Gallery (390 McGuinness) 8-11pm, Submit you dark & scary work More info
• Enid’s Halloween Party @ Enid’s (560 Manhattan) 10pm till your dead, prizes for best costume, DJs, free lobotomy with every drink.
• Greenpoint Film Festival Halloween Party @ TBD (224 Franklin) 10pm
• Cat & Kitten Adoption Day @ Muddy Paws (447 Graham) 2-6pm, More info
• District Dog Halloween Parade & Adoption Day @ McGolrick Park, 2pm More info
• Halloween Party & Parade @ Lutheran Church of the Messiah (129 Russell, basement) $5 per family, 3pm, Parade at 5pm, more info email sm.huggiuns (at) gmail.com
• Midnight Mass @ Meat Hook (100 Frost) 8pm, $120, food & drinks (no dietary restrictions) RSVP: radevents (at) the-meathook.com
• $31 Halloween Tattoo Special @ Three Kings Tattoo (572 Manhattan) noon-10pm, choose a design from a flash sheet of seasonal images, which won’t be revealed until Halloween day. Get there early to put your name on the list.
• Halloween @ Dalaga (150 Franklin) 6-8pm, Roaring 20s speakeasy, bootleggy booze, dress up for 10% off More info
• Halloween Karaoke Costume Party @ Onyx (278 Nassau) Kings of Karaoke at 10pm plus costume party!
More fun things to do around town this Halloween Weekend:
The Skint: Free & Cheap & Spooky & Scary