Last Saturday was a day on which my body cried out for the waterfront. The weather turned the simplest tasks into moist ordeals, so after my second mechanical failure of the day – the right pedal of my bike followed my sunglasses in simply falling to pieces during normal use – I was more than ready to view Brooklyn from afar for a couple hours. I headed up to the North Brooklyn Boat Club‘s space up on Ash street, where I met up with the group heading out for what was the club’s very first public paddle. Continue reading
- News from the McGolrick Park Farmers Market + Growing Cities Screening (3/4)
- Flowers or Towers at CitiStorage lot? Activists plan City Hall Rally.
- The Freedom Garden, Dre Day, Puppets & Pasties – What’s Happening, Greenpoint? (2/25–3/03)
- TONIGHT in Greenpoint: HUFF THIS! plays at Coco 66 (10pm)
- Hot Stuff from Greenpoint: Heatonist to Launch a Hot Sauce Tasting Room