The newest cafe to open up just east of the Nassau G-train is Cafe Pistachio (114 Nassau Ave). Owned and operated by a trio of food lovers trained in catering and culinary arts, this cafe is warm and its staff is inviting. Pistachio’s menu presents Turkish standards including açma (served best with a side of warm feta cheese), kumpirs and house-made yogurt. Though the savory food alone is worth a stop in, Cafe Pistachio also boasts a large assortment of house-made baked goods including sizable Madeleine cookies, chocolate truffles and a sinful Pistachio Dome. This seemingly modest dark chocolate half-sphere holds a rich pistachio mousse and is served on a gold foiled platter. Though Pistachio’s interior is less candlelight dining and more hey, let’s get a coffee, any Greenpoint gal or guy who brings a Dome—or at least suggests one—on a first date is sure to score points. And so does Pistachio for their charm and tasty treats.
- Petition Calls For Williamsburg’s PS 132 to “Dismantle Institutionalized Racism”
- Greenpoint Design Firm, Pink Sparrow, Creates Parklets to Help Restaurants
- Free Manicure Truck Hits Williamsburg Streets Compliments of BABE
- Protestors Rally in Front of Council Member Levin’s Apartment During Budget Vote
- How White Neighbors Can Be Better Allies to BIPOC in a Mostly White Neighborhood