* Environmental Justice & Health Working Group Meeting @ North Brooklyn Neighbors (61 Greenpoint Ave 6th Fl), 630pm, FREE, help develop community-based strategies to combat issues of air pollution, legacy toxins, toxic sites, and trash & waste, More Info * Intro to Plant Parenting: Houseplant Fundamentals @ Greenery Unlimited (91 West St), 715pm, $25, plant care essentials such as watering and weekly care will be discussed along with a potting demo and plenty of Q&A time to address your specific questions, Buy Tix ♫ SummerFest 2019 @ Triskelion Arts (106 Calyer St), 730pm, $18, a series of mixed-bill performances highlighting new created movement-based artists happening, Buy Tix * From the Bottom UP: A Chakra Balancing Kundalini Workshop @human @ ease (31 Nassau Ave), 8pm, $35-$40, a Kundalini practice, meditation, breathwork, and focused journaling combined with live music, Buy Tix
♦ Tropic of Trash: Poetry + Performances @ Brooklyn Windwood and Brass (88 Franklin St), 7pm, $5, poets paired with improv performers, More Info ♫Sister Nancy, Love Always, Grace of Spades @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St) 7pm, $27, Buy Tix * Psychoactivism: Psychedelics and the Climate Emergency @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 7pm, $15, a dialogue on the psychedelic community, the activist community, and the environmental movement at large, Buy Tix ♫ Bowlive VIII featuring Soulive @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $25-$30, 10th Anniversary with Soulive, Buy Tix
# A British Summertime Feast @ Archestratus (160 Huron St), 7pm, FREE (until midnight w RSVP), the meal will reflect a side of British cooking that takes inspirations from a nation’s rich agricultural and regional history, Buy Tix ♦ SummerStarz Free Movies in the Park: “Aquaman” @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Ave), 8pm, wonderful family-friendly movies in the park, More Info ♫ Gaila / Echo Moth (duo) / Matt Ward@ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $45, More Info ♫ J Hoard @ National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 8pm, $20, Buy Tix
* Newtown Creek CAG Meeting w/ EPA Superfund team @ Sunnyside Community Services (43-31 39 Street Sunnyside, NY 11104), 630pm, FREE, topics will include updates on the remedial investigation, the responsible parties list and the aeration system, meeting is open to all, More Info ♫ Connan Mockasin, Gentle Dom (DJ Set) @Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy Tix ^ The Economics of Being an Immigrant in NYC’s Food Industry @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 630pm, $20, an informative conversation about the rewards and challenges of being a business owner and an immigrant in 2019, Buy Tix ♫ Koeosaeme / CVN / Amelia Rose / Crystal Penalosa @Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St) 8pm, FREE, More Info
* Greenpoint Environmental History Project Reception and Exhibit @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6pm, FREE, a reception and exhibit showcasing documents, photographs and oral histories collected for the Greenpoint Environmental History Project, RSVP # Drawing & Cake Garden Party @ Ovenly Studio ONE54 (154 Franklin St), 7pm, $25, still life drawings, cake, treats and drinks with sketching, drawing materials provided, Buy Tix * Accessing NYC Environmental Data @ Kingsland Wildflowers (520 Kingsland Ave), 630pm, FREE, environmental data experts talk about various platforms and resources available to community members that can help inform decisions about activities we may choose to do in our daily lives.,RSVP ♫ LIC Gallery Nights @ LIC Arts Open Gallery at The Factory (30-30 47th Avenue, Long Island City) 6pm, FREE, Long Island City galleries and art venues open their doors to the public in an after-hours celebration of art and culture, More Info
^# Dinner with the Women of WE ARE LA COCINA@ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $65, A multi-course family style taquiza featuring global foods from the chefs of La Cocina and two of their New York heroes, RSVP ♦ Peppermint Soda – Films on the Green @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Ave), 830pm, FREE, film in French with English subtitles free and open to the public, More Info ♫ Takuya Nakamura @National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 8pm, $25, warped piano sounds, haunting synths, and dazzling visual projections, Buy Tix ♫ The Raconteurs Live + Signing @ Rough Trade, 3pm, $20, a performance and signing on the release day of their new LP, Buy Tix
♫ Pluies @ Horti Play (70 Eckford St), 4pm, FREE, a sound and performative project that aims to strengthen the relationship between plants, nature and the human being, More Info ♫ Dave’s Waves’s Rockin’ Solstice Weekend @ Sunview Lunchnet (221 Nassau Ave), 11am, FREE, performance by the Schumann Resonance Percussion Ensemble, More Info ♫The Bobby Lees, Gustaf, Metaled (Rooftop Show) @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 730pm, $10, Buy Tix * Tree & Medicinal Plant ID Workshop @ Transmitter Park (2 Greenpoint Ave), 10am, FREE, Friends of Transmitter Park welcomes arborist Bill Schmidt and herbalist Maya Robinson to guide us through identifying the park’s tree and plant species, focusing on those that potential provide healing properties, More Info ♫ Funk Style Quality @ Ponyboy (632 Manhattan Ave), 1pm, FREE, music by current nudisco / house / soulful house and funk artists, and old school funk and disco, More InfoContinue reading →
^ BookBook Club: Relish: My Life in the Kitchen @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, FREE, read a new memoir, a collection of essays, novel, or anything else Archestratus finds interesting that somehow, in a big or small way, relates to food. Then discuss, RSVP ♫ Jog Blues @National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 7pm, $18, deep tradition meets spontaneous improvisation in Jog Blues, a daring new combination of jazz, blues, and Indian classical music, Buy Tix ♦ Hydroponics 201: Intro to Plant Nutrients @ AgTech X (40 Bushwick Ave), 630pm, $29, learn what plant nutrients are; how to ensure you’re picking the right fertilizer for what you’re looking to grow; and understanding the various metrics for maintaining healthy nutrition, Buy Tix ♦♫ Brooklyn QUEER CULT PRIDE @3 Dollar Bill (260 Meserole St), 830pm, $10, a ridiculously fun filled rainbow unicorn queer performance art show, Buy Tix
* Walking Tour: History of Domino Sugar @ Domino Park Rock Shop (Kent Ave at Grand St), 6pm, FREE, join author of “The Rise and Fall of the Sugar King” Geoffrey Cobb as he explains the history of the Domino plant, which was the largest sugar refinery in the world and the linchpin in the “Sugar Trust, RSVP * National Axe Throwing Day @ Bury the Hatchet (25 Noble St), 4pm, FREE, grab your friends and family for free axe throwing sessions (quick training provided), More Info ♫ New York Public Radio featuring a special performance by Real Estate @Brooklyn Bowl (67 Wythe Ave), 630pm, $75, a party with all your WNYC favorites and Real Estate, Yo La Tengo’s Ira Kaplan and Georgia Hubley performing a DJ set, Red Baraat, and the High and Mighty Brass Band,Buy Tix ♫ Vomit Nose @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $5, with Mouth Reader, Jeff Draco, and Nick Cage, More InfoContinue reading →
♫^ Bruce Conforth for “Up Jumped The Devil” q+a @ WORD (126 Franklin St.), 7pm, $5, Bruce Conforth discusses his new book “Up Jumped the Devil: The Real Life of Robert Johnson,” and will be joined in conversation by guitarist John Hammond, Buy Tix ♫ Mah” Zeh? b Omer: Revelatory Songcircling @ Healing Movement at Ohev Shalom (284 Rodney St), 7pm, $18, an embodied and participatory meditation, movement and song circling, Buy Tix ♦ Documentary Screening: The Barese Icemen of New York @ Swinging Sixties Senior Center (211 Ainslie St), 7pm, FREE, documentary film that follows the story of the Italian immigrants from Apulia who dominated the NYC ice trade from the 1920s to the 1960s, More Info ♦♫ Limited Resources 30 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 9pm, FREE, 30th installment of the monthly experimental series, More Info
♫ Brooklyn Brass Bash @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 9pm,$10, kick the summer season off right with the brass band series with June’s amazing lineup, More Info ♦ Beginner Embroidery @ Brooklyn Craft Company (165 Greenpoint Ave), 630pm, $45, in this beginner workshop, you’ll master embroidery basics as you complete a cute little peace-sign hoop design, Buy Tix # Sicilian Vegan Dinner @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 630pm, $30, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna. Three courses cooked by Archestratus owner Paige Lipari. Si, one of those courses is dessert,Buy Tix * Environmental Protection Committee Meeting @ Brooklyn Community Board 1 (435 Graham Ave.), 630pm, FREE, presentation by NYC EDC on the future demolition of oil tanks on the Bayside parcel of Bushwick Inlet Park, More Info
*♦♫ Launch Party – Greenpoint Open Studios @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave.), 730pm, FREE, Greenpoint Open Studios 2019 will launch with an explosion of music, dancing, full bar with frozen cocktail specials, and lots of live art installations, More Info ♫ Tōth @ National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 730pm, $15, a new project of Brooklyn multi-instrumentalist songwriter Alex Toth, known for collaborating and writing with Kimbra, Alexander F, Rubblebucket, Cuddle Magic and others, Buy Tix ♫ Dance Yourself Clean – Indie Dance Party @ Baby’s All Right, 11pm, $10, North America’s biggest indie dance party is not just a party, it’s an experience, Buy Tix ♫ TOKiMONSTA, Rosehardt, bad tuner (Rooftop) @ Elsewhere (599 Johnson Ave.), 5pm, $25, Buy TixContinue reading →
Get ready because in just one week Greenpoint Open Studios (GOS) is returning to the neighborhood June 8th – 9th with more than 350 local artists opening up their studios to the public to showcase their works. What should you expect? Continue reading →
♫ Bateria with Toribio, Mickey Perez and Djoy de Cuba @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 9pm, FREE, More Info # Intro to Plant Parenting: Houseplant Fundamentals @ Greenery Unlimited (91 West St.), 715pm, $25, learn the basics of “right plant, right place” to keep your plants happy and thriving! Buy Tix ♫ DigitalArtNight with Duckwrth, Mndsgn & SadhuGold @ Kinfolk (94 Wythe Ave.), 8pm, FREE, an immersive art and live music experience, More Info ♫ Sooner « Absent City « Irrevery « Shop Talk @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 9pm, FREE, More Info
♦ Movies Under the Stars: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again @ Bushwick Inlet Park (50 Kent St. Pop-up Park), 8pm, FREE, movie screening outdoors with the Manhattan skyline as a backdrop, More Info ♫ Tasha Blank’s Bday + Record Release @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff St.), 6:30pm, $5 – $25, an epic night of surprise guests, brand new music, nonstop art, live performance + plenty of shenanigans, Buy Tix # Family Style PIATTI Dinner @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7 pm, $50, an endless antipasto, a many course family style Italian dinner of abundant platters, served a few at a time, some warm and others at room temperature.Buy Tix ♫ Morgana @ Brooklyn Mirage (140 Stewart Ave.), 7pm, FREE, Serge Devant, Ryan Crosson, Dinky, Connie, More InfoContinue reading →
*Wine Glass Terrarium Plant Nite @ Clinton Hall (247 Metropolitan Ave), 7pm, $55, Cultivate your creativity, naturally. Gifted growers will guide you step-by-step as you make a mini Zen garden, succulent arrangement, or tiny terrarium, Buy Tix ♫ DUCKWRTH @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 930pm, FREE, with special guest Dylan The Gypsy and Alex Mali, RSVP ♦ Brilliant Champions Art Exhibition Pop Up Show @ Ghost Robot (346 Grand St) 7pm, FREE, More Info ☺ Sunday Night News @ The Brick (579 Metropolitan Ave), 930pm, $10, a new play about a news reporter who, in an effort to follow in her mother’s footsteps, does anything to climb her way to the top, and become the best local news reporter the greater tristate area has ever seen, Buy Tix
* Lag B’Omer Family Fun Fest @ McCarren Park (Lorimer St at Bedford Ave), 4pm, $10 suggested donation, face painting, balloon twisting, Israeli food buffet & drinks, crafting, sports, kite making & flying. bubbles & balls, bubble soccer! (for ages 6-12), More Info ♫ “Against The Grain” Featuring Min Jin Lee, Tracy K. Smith, and SŌ Percussion @National Sawdust (80 N 6 St), 930PM, $29, the third installment of Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Paul Muldoon’s new literary-music series, Buy Tix ♥ Un)binding The Body @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 8pm, $5 – $10, we’ll unpack our experiences with gender dysphoria, identity, and relationships, map out our desires, explore communication tactics to use with partners, and come out feeling seen and empowered, More Info # Celebrating Immigrant Daughters, Mothers & Authenticity @ Museum of Food and Drink (62 Bayard St), 630pm, $30, celebrate the launch of Indian-ish and the special bond between food, mothers, and daughters, More Info
♫ Left Bank Magazine 5th Year Anniversary Party @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 7pm, $10, on the rooftop: Poppies, VAMANOS, New Myths, Animal Show, Fat Heaven, Buy Tix ♫ Outdoor Beer Garden Silent Disco @ The Well (272 Meserole St), 11pm, $5 – $20, live DJs will be spinning everything from Latin, to throwbacks, to hip hop, Buy Tix ♫ Brooklyn Swings Presents: Cookie Night @ Brooklyn Swings (231 Ainslie St), 6pm, $5 – $10 suggested, all are welcome, no partner needed! Instructors will teach a short dance combination, and there will be delicious sweet treats, More Info ♫ Good Vibes Only @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $9, Indie Bushwick presents “Good Vibes Only” a night of wavy sounds featuring local artists Tattoo Money, R I I O S, Michael From The East and A. Sarr, More Info
The World’s Fare has brought together a group of the most respected foodies to curate what will be a celebration of New York City’s diversity. More than 100 food vendors and 50+ beers will be on site representing more than 100 cultures.
Choose from multiple 3-hour sessions of unlimited beer tastings, as well as full-day access from 11am-8pm to The World’s Fare.
If the food & drink is not enough, two stages will have live music and cultural dance performances all weekend. In addition, the event includes a shopping bazaar of international goods from jewelry to pottery, cooking demonstrations, art installations, martial arts demonstrations and many other activities.
Use discount code GREENPOINTERS within 48 hours for $10 OFF beer tickets
*DIY spring planter: clay hand building class @ Manic Ceramic (395 Graham Ave), 7pm, $50, Each student will receive a slab of clay in which they will be taught special techniques in pottery wet clay hand building. No experience necessary, Buy Tix ♫ AfroBeats @ Bembe (81 S. 6th St), 9pm, FREE, the best of AFROBEATS and GLOBAL RHYTHMS with live percussion all night long, More Info * Intro to Vermicomposting: A ‘WORMshop’ for New Yorkers @ AgTech X (40 Bushwick Ave) 630pm, $29, Buy Tix ♦ DOOM! the show we are hosting @Muchmore’s, 6pm, FREE, DOOM! (the last improv team you’ll ever see) is hosting a night of variety performance, More InfoTHURSDAY 5/16Continue reading →
*Dharmahuasca: Buddhist Dharma, Ayahuasca, and Sacred Medicines @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 7pm, $20, learn about sacred medicines with the practice of Buddhist Dharma, Buy Tix ♫ The Dandy Warhols @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 7pm, $35 Buy Tix ♫ Delicate Steve with The Muckers @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway) 9pm, $15, Buy Tix * Community Reiki (105 Grand St.), 7pm, $40 – $70, a monthly, sliding scale Reiki clinic serving North Brooklyn in the Community Room at Grand Street Healing Project., More Info