* F-Valentine’s Day! @ Bushwick Country Club (618 Grand St), 6pm, FREE, Free BBQ! Free raffles! Come drink with us on “singles awareness day,” More info ♫ Queers <3 Covers – Valentine’s Day Punk Cover Show @ Gold Sounds (44 Wilson Ave), 7:30pm, $7 – $10, Come celebrate the love that will never leave you, music, with a night of cover bands. All proceeds donated to Direct Relief for Puerto Rico, More info ♫ Valentines Village of Love Show & Dance for Planned Parenthood! @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St), 7pm, $25, More info ♫ Deep Space Love Night | DJ Spinna b2b François K. @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Deep Space celebrates Valentine’s Day with a special night celebrating love, by any definition, with DJ Spinna back-to-back with Francois K. all night, Buy tix
^ John Yau & Barry Schwabsky @ Spoonbill Studio (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, John presents “The Wild Children of William Blake” and Barry presents “Heretics of Language,” More info ♫ Show with Van Goose, Violets are Wet, Petal Crush @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 8pm, $10, More info ♫ ShowYourNice X ONLY WAVE ENT Present Antics & Fiends @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8:30pm, $7, More info ☺ Call Your Dad: Bitcoin, Cash and Wallstreet Baby @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Money Money Money Money. Bit Coin Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos Neoliberal. Cash cash captialism, big buildings fast cars money and cars. 80s, 08, 2015-2018. Satire? No-tire, More infoContinue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
* Superfun/d Series @ Kings County Brewers Collective (381 Troutman St), 6pm, FREE, Learn about the latest happenings on our local superfund waterway: Newtown Creek. Will include a brief presentation reviewing the current state of the Creek including larger clean-up efforts and grassroots projects, More info ♫ Social Sounds feat. Johnny Petrop, Trey Nostalgia, and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, FREE, More info * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Rice Balls! Win Cookies! More info * Blue Blood Supermoon Eclipse Experience @ Narayana Integrative Center (191 Nassau Ave), 8:15pm, $40, Skywatchers across much of the world will receive a post holiday gift: the total lunar eclipse of a full supermoon that is also a Blue Moon, Buy tix ♫ Megg Farrell & Friends @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info
# Dinners of the Past: Beefsteak @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $65, In conjunction with chef Josh Stokes and food entrepreneur Franz Aliquo, we’re bringing back this historic, stylized New York City institution of gluttony with an evening of all-you-can-eat steak & all-you-can-drink beer, Buy tix ♦ Alizé Carrère presents Adaptation: Bangladesh @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Alizé Carrère documents her case studies in the web series Adaptation, revealing human ingenuity and resourcefulness in the face of environmental adversity, RSVP ☺ Branded Content Presents: Russell Stover @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Celebrate of life, love, and nougat, brought to you by Russel Stover Candies, More info ♫ SYNTHICIDE // 80s to the maxx edition @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave), 10pm, FREE, Fog machines & laser rays, More infoContinue reading →
# A Taste of Japan Eats! @ Heritage Radio Network (100 Bogart St), 6pm, $40, Japan Eats! is coming to life, and you’ll have the opportunity to mingle with Akiko Katayama and some of her favorite guests and friends. Incredible small bites (Kaiseki, Spicy Dan Dan Ramen and Gyoza) and beverages included with ticket, Buy tix ♫ The Blues Bangers, Groove Protectors @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, More info
# Teas of Asia @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $20, Theresa Wong from T shop and Stephen Thomas from Rishi Tea, along with Sarah Rose as moderator (For All the Tea in China), will take you on a journey from the origins of tea in China to tea ceremonies in Asia to modern tea culture in the United States, Buy tix ♦ Calling The Circle @ Spaceworks Williamsburgh Library (240 Division St), 7pm, FREE, An open gathering space for Spaceworks artists and community members to come together to share their stories, experiences, and creativity. Bring something that’s meaningful to you or your culture, RSVP ♫ Goth Star Party w/ Rex Reid, Filthy Wayz, S.B. Rosa and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $8, Buy tix ♫ The Listeners, Drawing Boards, Bob Carol Ted, Lou Nutting @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ♫ INPUT Presents Outlier | Bonobo (Extended DJ Set) @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $30, More infoContinue reading →
* Plant Magik 101: The Seeds @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20, We will explore all of the fertile magik of the seed and the historic, traditional and folk usages of plant magik and it’s component parts, Buy tix ♫ ZZZWalk • New Rose • Brendan Sullivan @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave), 8pm, $8, More info ☺ Mid Riff 13 @ The Twenty (177 Grand St), 8:30pm, FREE, Featuring the crazy hot comedians: Samantha Ruddy, Diego Lopez, Jessica Watkins, Julia Shiplett, Lizzie Martinez and Sean Patton, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, The lineup is hot to offset this true winter bs, More info
♫ Nerveshatter / Prostitution / Blackest / Wreath of Tongues @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 7pm, $10, Buy tix * Guided Meditation + Affirmations w/Linzi Silverman + It’s Not Personal @ New Women Space (188 Woodpoint Rd), 7:30pm, $15, We’ll write love letters to ourselves, develop morning affirmations and finish with a self-love mantra you can take with you in your pocket, Buy tix ♫ Mike Donovan and Purling Hiss with Justin Frye @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, More info ♦ Blocked & Reported @ The Woods (48 S 4th St), 9pm, FREE, Meme themed art show/party featuring all your favorite internet outcasts lmao, More info ♫ Pond @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave), 9pm, $25, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Momentum/Rite of Wed: Bodywork / Hunter Vita / Nathan Kersaint @ TBA Brooklyn (395 Wythe Ave), 6pm, FREE, More info * Kokrobitey Institute Talk @ Wythe Hotel (80 Wythe Ave), 7pm, FREE, Elise McMahon and Sekou Neblett discuss their work together in Ghana surrounding how art and design play a role in the midst of a global discourse around sustainable development, RSVP * Kundalini Flow with Dani Katz @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $20, Exercise your body, mind, and spirit, open your channels, and live in a state of flow, RSVP ♫ Limited Resources 13 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Our one year anniversary show! Featuring the soothing sounds of Chris Pitsiokos (Sax Destroyer), Tim Dahl (Bass Wrangler), and Kevin Shea (Drum Machine), More info
^ “The Woman in the Window” Book Launch @ Space Ninety 8 (98 N 6th St), 6:30pm, FREE, “The Woman in the Window” is a twisty, Hitchcockian psychological thriller about an agoraphobic woman who believes she witnessed a crime in a neighboring house, More info ☺ Branded Content Presents: PETCO @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, We’ll be wearing Louis Vuitton Leashes, serving complimentary milk bones, and presenting comedy, More info ♫ Frendzone! // Dorisburg (live) / Octo Octa / Kellam Matthews @ Good Room (98 Meserole Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ The Juan MacLean & Friends January Residency @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ An All Star Tribute to ACDC at Brooklyn Bowl @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $12, Buy tixContinue reading →
♫ Christmas Hymn Sing @ St. John’s Luthern Church (155 Milton St), 7pm, FREE, Everyone is invited to come sing our favorite Christmas hymns. All levels of ability are welcome, More info ♫ A Night of Poems and Songs @ Wayward Social (35 Ingraham St), 7:30pm, FREE, 40-minute sets of musical performance, followed by a 15-minutes set of poetry, and a short intermission before we begin again, More info ☺ RoFl8 Comedy Night @ Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Ave), 8pm, FREE, More info ♫ Hard Pass, Freezing Cold, Faith/Void, Chubbybunny @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8pm, $8, More info ♫ House of Vogue @ House of YES (2 Wyckoff Ave), 11pm, $10, MikeQ and his Qween Beat collective always bring the heat. Categories: Naughty (Runway), Nice (Performance), and a Surprise Category, Buy tix
* Winter Solstice Silent Yoga @ McCarren Play Center (776 Lorimer St), 7pm, FREE, This wonderful class will begin with an open meditation then move into a long vinyasa. Class will use “Sound Off” wireless glowing headphones, RSVP * Winter Solstice Restorative Yoga with Live Sitar @ Sacred Arts Research Foundation (107 Green St), 7pm, $20, A restorative yoga practice during the New Moon and Vata phase of the lunar cycle is best for balancing an overworked mind, hormones, emotions and energy, RSVP ♫ Teenagers in Love: An All-Vinyl Night of Doowop and Early Soul @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 9pm, FREE, Grab your sweetheart to keep you warm and head over for a special 45RPM-only set of doo-wop tunes and early soul, rock, and pop music, spun by your friend, Christian Storm, More info ♫ Clocking In | Billy Kenny @ The Panther Room (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Buy tix ♫ Low Key ft. Machine Girl, Neybuu, Hunni’d Jaws + Low Key DJz @ El Cortez (17 Ingraham St), 11pm, FREE, More info Continue reading →
Do you want to get involved with a North Brooklyn neighborhood group? Do you care about environmental issues? Join us for a drink! The five-minute presentations are purposefully short so that you’ll have plenty of time to grab a drink and talk directly with the experts and your neighbors.
WHERE: Muchmore’s | 2 Havemeyer St WHEN: Thursday, Dec 14th 6:30-8:30pm (presentations 7:00-7:30pm)
Our lips are chapped, our winter coats on, and our hearts and tummies are ready for some holiday treats and cheer – it must be time for the annual Greenpointers Holiday Market! This year, it’s going to be extra sweet: We’ll be transforming the Greenpoint Loft (67 West St) into a Winter Candyland of local vendors. Come join us and all our favorite indie Brooklyn businesses to reel in 2017 on a sugary high note Sunday, December 10th (1-7pm). RSVP here!
# Desserts of Nepal and Lebanon @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $25, Rachana and Jeanette from The League of Kitchens will expand your dessert horizons by introducing you to sweet treats from their home countries, Nepal and Lebanon, respectively, Buy tix ♫ Ace Clark @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7pm, $15, A show full of R&B and Soul to support the release of Dia Malai’s debut project Echo Street, Buy tix ♫ Limited Resources 12 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Drone night at Limited Resources. Come vibrate to some sustained tones, More info
* Wildfire & Climate Change @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Columbia University’s Park Williams will discuss what we know on recent devastating wildfires in the United States and around the world, and their possible connections to human-caused climate change, RSVP ♫ Vinnie Moore, Gus G, Andee Blacksugar @ Saint Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave), 7pm, $20, Buy tix ♫ Gary Numan @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 7pm, $30, Buy tix ☺ Branded Content 6 Month Anniversary Show! (Party City) @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Jackson Fisher and Simone Norman have spent the last 6 months traversing corporate America to learn what it truly means to #rep #that #brand. All of that is behind them now, More info ♫ FOMO Holiday House Party @ Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Pl), 10pm, FREE, RSVP Continue reading →
* Witchcraft 101: Saintcraft @ Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7:30pm, $20, Explore the age-old use of Catholic Saints and iconology within folk magic traditions throughout the world, Buy tix ♫ The Hold Steady @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave), 8pm, $40, Buy tix ♫ Susie Ibarra (Album Release) w/ DreamTime Ensemble @ Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 8pm, $15, The pieces for this album were inspired by the idea of perception and sensory experiences. Perception allows the ability to take in sensory information, make it into something meaningful and to interact with our environment, Buy tix
♦ Brickman Brothers Art Galla @ Terra Firma (119 Ingraham St), 6pm, FREE, The Brickman Brothers have decided to join forces to bring to you a night of our art. Accompanying the art will be amazing music spun on vinyl by Rich Chwastiak, More info # Vegan Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 7pm, $20 or less, An evening of Sicilian, family-style food inspired by Nonna, RSVP * How To Love Yourself: Raw & Real w/ Kaela May @ Root Mamma (236 Richardson St), 7:30pm, $22, Discuss how we can actively release and shed the inner conflict & battle while shifting into ease & acceptance, RSVP ♫ Babylawns, Travis Alexander, Dodgeball, hammydown @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Ya’ll Ready for This @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 9:30pm, FREE, C’mon and slam!, More info Continue reading →