* Infrastructure Creek Walking Tour @Corner of Greenpoint/Kingsland, 7pm, $30, Newtown Creek Alliance Historian Mitch Waxman will lead an exploration of the city’s largest sewer plants, tunnels, draw and truss bridges and rail yards, Buy Tix * NYC Outdoor Adventure Kit Launch Party @ New York Distilling Company (79 Richardson St.), 7pm, $5, Adventure Kit partners will tell you about sweet summer adventures, Buy Tix ♫ The Fratellis @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St.), 8pm, $30, Buy Tix ♫ Spring Has Sprung Christmas Miracle @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St.), 8:30pm, FREE, more info
^ Paragraph Brooklyn Launch Party @ Paragraph Brooklyn (84 Withers St.), 7pm, FREE, More Info ☺ Stand-up Potluck @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Avenue), 7:30pm, FREE, More Info ♫ Heat Wave Vol 1 @ The Paper Box (17 Meadow Street), 8pm, $5, Buy Tix ♫ Alex Zhang Hungtai & Gabriel Ferrandini, Brian Chase @ National Sawdust (80 N 6th St.), 10:30pm, $12, Buy Tix Continue reading →
# Pasta Fresca Plate @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 7pm, $20, RSVP ☺Funhouse Comedy@ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer), 8pm, FREE, More info ♫ On Rotation Wednesdays @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE,Wednesdays in May crews from record shops around the city bring their collections and curate the sounds of the evening. More Info
♦ Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with a Brandy Alexander @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave.), 6:45pm, $24, Buy Tix ♦ The Art Party @ House of Vans (25 Franklin St.), 7pm, $50, Buy Tix ♦ Screening of Saving Jamaica Bay @Kings County Brewers Collective (381 Troutman St), 7pm, FREE, A documentary screening hosted by Kingsland Wildflowers, More Info ♦ Art Opening: Not Enough Blood @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave), 7pm, FREE, Original Art by Andy Fletcher, More Info ☺ LOLOLpalooza @ Threes (113 Franklin St.), 8pm, $5, Music Comedy acts will range from folk punk to freestyle hiphop to piano torch songs, More Info ♦ Not an Ending at All @ Triskelion Arts (106 Calyer), 8pm, $18, An evening-length work which explores the homes we build for the spirits that haunt us, Buy TixContinue reading →
Get ready for the warm weather with a new pair! Get $50 off any sunglasses April 1st thru May 31st.
Appointments also available to update your glasses & contacts.
^ My Ramones Book Release and Signing @Spoonbill Studios (99 Montrose Ave), 6pm, FREE, Danny Fields in conversation with Sacha Lecca Deputy Photo Editor at Rolling Stone. More Info ^ How Not To Compose That Poem: Marie Howe with Billy Hough, @McNally Jackson Williamsburg (76 North 4th) 7pm, FREE, More Info Witch Craft 101 @Catland (987 Flushing Avenue) 7pm, $20, An immersive experience which will break down the basics of spellcraft and welcome you to the world of practical magik, Buy Tix ♫ Withered, Wake, Gnaw, Nerveshatter at Saint Vitus @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:30pm, $12-15, Buy Tix
♫ The Patty Dukes // Jascha Hoffman // Aerynn (UK)// Luisa Muhr @Muchmores (2 Havemeyer St), 6pm, $10-20, Join us for an evening of new folk and spoken word, exploring themes of family, death, and compassionate living, More Info. * Box Street Park – Community Input meeting with NYC Parks Dept @Polish and Slavic Center (176 Java St.), 6pm, FREE, More Info ♦ Art Opening: Elliot Belokostolsky @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave), 7pm, FREE, Original pieces will be on display in the store. Art on display will also be for sale at time of the event. Month long art show from 4/5 – 5/5, More Info ♫ The Black Angels w/ Black Lips @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost Street), 7:30pm, $30, Buy tix ♫ Shifted ft. ClockworkDJ, DJ Mike Nasty, DJ Yamez, MoreSoupPlease @Schimanski (54 North 11th), 10pm, FREE, More InfoContinue reading →
Shared Living, Better Living @ADO (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, A lively panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities presented by shared living, More Info ♦ Paint Nite @ Sick Willie (174 Meserole Ave), 7pm, $65, Our Social Painting Instructor guides you step-by-step through the featured painting in about two hours. Buy Tix ^ Okoyomon / Hamilton / Hodson @Spoonbill Series (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, A reading curated by Coco Fitterman, More info * TRIVIA NIGHT @ Archestratus (160 Huron St.), 8pm, FREE, Trivia with our news editor! Expect categories to be various, beer innumerable, arancine aplenty, RSVP
# Passover Seder Potluck @The Park Church Co-op (129 Russell St), 6pm, FREE, More Info. Blending Herbal Smokes @Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 7pm, $20,In this workshop we will discuss the various herbs which are safe to be burnt and inhaled to manifest our highest intentions, Buy Tix ☺ New Comedy Project With Greenport Harbor Brewing @ The New Work Project (97 North 10th St), 7:30 pm, $10, Comedians you’ve seen on Comedy Central, Conan, MTV & more join us at The New Work Project for a night of comedy and free refreshments provided by Greenport Harbor Brewing, Buy tix ♫ The Rocket Queens (GNR Tribute), Wildstreet, FerreTT @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Avenue), 7:30pm, $8-12, Buy tix ♦ Gentrification Express Screening @Sunview Luncheonette (221 Nassau Ave), 7:30pm, FREE,”Gentrification Express: Breaking Down the BQX” and other short films, More Info
# Global Tea Hut monthly gathering @ Puerh Brooklyn Tea Shop (174 Grand Street), 6pm, $5 suggested, Join our tea community for a relaxed gathering over tea. Open to all., More info ♦ The Simpsons Bingo @ Videology (308 Bedford Avenue), 6:45pm, FREE, It’s time for The Simpsons bingo! What better way to celebrate the longest running TV comedy of all time than with a good old ding-dong-diddily game of BINGO? Every Wednesday night we’ll be watching The Simpsons and playing BINGO. Watch for things like Duff beer, celebrity cameos, and the Itchy and Scratchy show. Listen for quotes like “D’oh!” “Eat my shorts!” and “Excellent…” Get a BINGO and you’ll win a free drink (or doughnut that makes you go “Mmmm”)! More info ♫ Crowbar Artificial Brain Extinction A.D Kings Destroy Sunro @Brooklyn Bazzar (150 Greenpoint Avenue), 8pm, $14, Buy Tix ♫ Easy @Union Pool (848 Union Avenue), 8pm, $10-12, More info
* Juggling Taxes for Freelancers @ The Muse (350 Moffat St.), 5:00pm, FREE, Are you self-employed? Do you receive 1099s? Do you file a Schedule C? Then this class is for you – Brooklyn Coop wants to help you SAVE on your taxes! RSVP *# Edible Landscaping with Hortus Conclusus @ Lonard Library (81 Devoe St.), 6:30pm, FREE, With spring just around the corner, this edition of the Green Series features members from Hortus Conclusus, a Level II Arboretum, who teach us how to landscape our backyard garden using a rich diversity of edible fruiting plants from around the world, including the under-appreciated wild fruit from New York State’s native forest. RSVP ♫ Moon Tooth/Without Waves/Disparager/Juan Bond @ St. Vitus (1120 Manhattan Ave.), 7:00 pm, $10, Buy tix ♦ What is the Model City? @ UnionDocs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30pm, $10, Join architect and historian Susanne Schindler as she explains the origins, trajectory and legacies of the Great Society program launched in 1966, Buy tix ♫ Playing with Shadows: Drink and Draw @ Naive (299 South 4th Street), 8:30pm, $15, Joing us for a glass of wine, our relaxed, social vibe and two sessions with a semi-clothed model are all included in the price of the ticket. There won’t be an instructor, but a professional artist will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. You should bring your own supplies, but we will have pencils, printer paper and crayons on hand if you forget, More info Continue reading →
For just $1 get a ride to nearby subway stations to/from Greenpoint with Via, an on-demand ridesharing app!! Download the app here and set your pick up or drop-off location by moving the pin on the map to the locations for any of the following train stations:
^ Tables of Contents Reading Series: Hunt! Gerrard! Caldwell! @Egg (109 North 3rd St), 7pm, $5, Each reading will be paired with snacks inspired by its text, plus you’ll be in for an author-curated playlist and a rangy Q&A/discussion on writing, craft, aversion, and creativity to wrap up the night. Beer and wine will be available for purchase, and WORD will be present slinging text, More info ☺ Ladies Who Ranch @ Vital Joint (109 Meserole St), 8pm, $5-10, Group of women does jokes for laughs at comedy show to change the national conversation. The show is followed by the Ladies Who Ranch Open Mic, an experimental comedy mic that especially encourages multimedia performances, More info ♫# Live Flamenco in St Charles Cellar @St. Mazie Bar (345 Grand St), 8pm, FREE, A night of authentic Flamenco in our beautiful speakeasy. Full dinner menu available as well as a 3 course Pre fixe menu, cocktails, absinthe and more… Ole!, More info ♫ Carte Blanche @Radegast Hall (113 N 3rd St), 9pm, FREE,French, Latin and American tunes while you sample the incredible selection of authentic german beers on tap and maybe have a giant german pretzel or bratwurst from the grill!! Space to dance!, More info
* Kombrewcha’s International Women’s Day Celebration @ The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 6:00pm, $3, Boss Ladies doing big things. We’ll be hosting a panel on Women Who Do. Buy tix * NYC DRAFT Meetup @ PencilWorks (61 Greenpoint Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Fast-paced hour of ideas, entrepreneurs and bikes, capturing the exciting things happening in the bike industry, RSVP ♫ ♦ Art on the Airwaves @ Union Docs (322 Union Avenue), 7:30 pm, $10, A showcase of radio documentary selected by James T. Green, cofounder of Postloudness, a collective of independent audio shows by people of color, women, and queer-identified hosts that aims to create a community of unique voices in audio. Buy tix ♫ Anna McClellan (Record Release), Navy Gangs @ ALPHAVILLE (140 Wilson Avenue), 10pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Mughal Legion 3 Ft. Fanaa @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Part 3 of a monthly-ish series of musical rites to be performed at Legion Bar, curated by Mughal Muesli. More info Continue reading →
* F-Valentine’s Day! @ Bushwick Country Club (618 Grand St), 6pm, FREE, Free BBQ! Free raffles! Come drink with us on “singles awareness day,” More info ♫ Queers <3 Covers – Valentine’s Day Punk Cover Show @ Gold Sounds (44 Wilson Ave), 7:30pm, $7 – $10, Come celebrate the love that will never leave you, music, with a night of cover bands. All proceeds donated to Direct Relief for Puerto Rico, More info ♫ Valentines Village of Love Show & Dance for Planned Parenthood! @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St), 7pm, $25, More info ♫ Deep Space Love Night | DJ Spinna b2b François K. @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $15, Deep Space celebrates Valentine’s Day with a special night celebrating love, by any definition, with DJ Spinna back-to-back with Francois K. all night, Buy tix
^ John Yau & Barry Schwabsky @ Spoonbill Studio (99 Montrose Ave), 7pm, FREE, John presents “The Wild Children of William Blake” and Barry presents “Heretics of Language,” More info ♫ Show with Van Goose, Violets are Wet, Petal Crush @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 8pm, $10, More info ♫ ShowYourNice X ONLY WAVE ENT Present Antics & Fiends @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 8:30pm, $7, More info ☺ Call Your Dad: Bitcoin, Cash and Wallstreet Baby @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave), 10pm, FREE, Money Money Money Money. Bit Coin Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos Neoliberal. Cash cash captialism, big buildings fast cars money and cars. 80s, 08, 2015-2018. Satire? No-tire, More infoContinue reading →
Flip Cupid the bird and celebrate singledom at the skint’s Third Annual “It’s Friday, I’m (Not) in Love” Anti-Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 9th at littlefield (635 Sackett St).
Hug yourself and sway as the aptly-named DJ Gordon Gloom (Feeling Gloomy, YDH2S) spins songs of heartache and desire from the 80s to today. Purge your emotional baggage with our cleansing anti-love ritual. Use our photo booth to show the world (and your exes) how much better you’re doing on your own. Lubricate yourself with themed drink specials.
Dress in black. All black. Only black. Creativity will be rewarded. $7 in advance, $10 at the door. Buy tix[sponsored]
^ Author Talk: Thomas Werner “The Fashion Image” @ A/D/O (29 Norman Ave), 6:30pm, FREE, Acclaimed curator, former owner of Thomas Werner Gallery, Photography Program Director at Parsons School of Design, and Editor-at-Large of Paris-based IRK magazine, Werner shares his insight into the fashion design process, More info ♫ The Warhawks // The Nuclears // Not Amused // Edna @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $10, Buy tix ♫ Dervisi @ Troost (1011 Manhattan Ave), 8pm, FREE, Bittersweet melodies of passion and hashish from the old-time Greek Rembetika underworld, More info ☺ Limited Resources 14 @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9pm, $6, Featuring Guillermo Pizarro (Philly), Richard Kamerman, Sandy Ewen, & Chris LiButti, More info
# Scandinavian Spirits @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $30, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland share a spirited history of drinking traditions—most notably around aquavit. Learn about the world of Scandinavian spirits and the traditions that have grown up around them, Buy tix ♫ Girlpool @ Brooklyn Steel (319 Frost St), 8pm, $18, Buy tix # Same Same But Different @ Magick City (37 Box St), 7pm, $40, We are collaborating on a Cambo-Chino mashup of scents, flavors, and traditions to celebrate two distinct cultures that share the same passion for family, fun, and good food. (And pickled things.), Buy tix ♫ Whitney Fierce x Elle Dee @ Rose Gold (96 Morgan Ave), 10pm, FREE/$10, More infoContinue reading →
* Superfun/d Series @ Kings County Brewers Collective (381 Troutman St), 6pm, FREE, Learn about the latest happenings on our local superfund waterway: Newtown Creek. Will include a brief presentation reviewing the current state of the Creek including larger clean-up efforts and grassroots projects, More info ♫ Social Sounds feat. Johnny Petrop, Trey Nostalgia, and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, FREE, More info * Trivia Night @ Archestratus Books + Food (160 Huron St), 8pm, FREE, There will be three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. Win Beer! Win Rice Balls! Win Cookies! More info * Blue Blood Supermoon Eclipse Experience @ Narayana Integrative Center (191 Nassau Ave), 8:15pm, $40, Skywatchers across much of the world will receive a post holiday gift: the total lunar eclipse of a full supermoon that is also a Blue Moon, Buy tix ♫ Megg Farrell & Friends @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info
# Dinners of the Past: Beefsteak @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $65, In conjunction with chef Josh Stokes and food entrepreneur Franz Aliquo, we’re bringing back this historic, stylized New York City institution of gluttony with an evening of all-you-can-eat steak & all-you-can-drink beer, Buy tix ♦ Alizé Carrère presents Adaptation: Bangladesh @ Leonard Library (81 Devoe St), 6:30pm, FREE, Alizé Carrère documents her case studies in the web series Adaptation, revealing human ingenuity and resourcefulness in the face of environmental adversity, RSVP ☺ Branded Content Presents: Russell Stover @ Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St), 8pm, FREE, Celebrate of life, love, and nougat, brought to you by Russel Stover Candies, More info ♫ SYNTHICIDE // 80s to the maxx edition @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave), 10pm, FREE, Fog machines & laser rays, More infoContinue reading →
# A Taste of Japan Eats! @ Heritage Radio Network (100 Bogart St), 6pm, $40, Japan Eats! is coming to life, and you’ll have the opportunity to mingle with Akiko Katayama and some of her favorite guests and friends. Incredible small bites (Kaiseki, Spicy Dan Dan Ramen and Gyoza) and beverages included with ticket, Buy tix ♫ The Blues Bangers, Groove Protectors @ Skinny Dennis (152 Metropolitan Ave), 9pm, FREE, More info ☺ Funhouse Comedy @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 10pm, FREE, More info
# Teas of Asia @ MOFAD (62 Bayard St), 6:30pm, $20, Theresa Wong from T shop and Stephen Thomas from Rishi Tea, along with Sarah Rose as moderator (For All the Tea in China), will take you on a journey from the origins of tea in China to tea ceremonies in Asia to modern tea culture in the United States, Buy tix ♦ Calling The Circle @ Spaceworks Williamsburgh Library (240 Division St), 7pm, FREE, An open gathering space for Spaceworks artists and community members to come together to share their stories, experiences, and creativity. Bring something that’s meaningful to you or your culture, RSVP ♫ Goth Star Party w/ Rex Reid, Filthy Wayz, S.B. Rosa and more! @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St), 7:30pm, $8, Buy tix ♫ The Listeners, Drawing Boards, Bob Carol Ted, Lou Nutting @ Gutter Bar (200 N 14th St), 9pm, FREE, More info ♫ INPUT Presents Outlier | Bonobo (Extended DJ Set) @ Output (74 Wythe Ave), 10pm, $30, More infoContinue reading →