Dancing is an amazing way to start the day, isn’t it?
Last Saturday, while most people were sleeping in, BRUNCH Ravers at Morning Gloryville‘s party were doing yoga, dancing, jumping in flying rose petals, getting massages, playing in a kiddie pool, or meeting new friends. It was kind of surreal when it all ended at 2pm, and people were heading home after an awesome morning out, when many people hadn’t even left their homes (or beds) yet. Continue reading →
For most Greenpointers, early mornings will find us hitting the snooze button a few too many times. Others are out dancing. A recent trend has sprung up in North Brooklyn (and across New York City) – people hitting the dance floors before their morning cup of coffee.
A group named Morning Gloryville, whose motto is “rave your way into the day” really knows how to wake up by dancing hard to awesome music with great people in a fun setting. Continue reading →
This Sunday March 23rd from 1-3pm, the Jellio Shop @ Flying Squirrel will host a Sing-A-Long, with Greenpoint Kids Music director, Lily Virginia. Drop by with your child for an afternoon of interactive singing and dancing. Refreshments will be served for children and adults, and the whole experience is absolutely FREE!Continue reading →
Soul Imperial is starting a new party series tonight Saturday 3/1 at Broken Land (105 Franklin St) from 10pm-2am. They will be playing a mix of throwback hits from all decades with some current tunes as well. This is a continuation of the party they used to have at K&M for over 5 years (and another 3 years at Royal Oak before that). They sent us this mix to give us an idea of what to expect at this hopefully regular party night in Greenpoint. Loving it! Continue reading →
No Light No Lycra, the weekly dancing in the dark party at Lutheran Church of the Messiah (129 Russell St) is having a special group show benefit on December 14th, 2013 to benefit Common Ground, a homeless outreach program. Tickets are only $7! (in advance), $10 at the door.
100% of ticket sales will be donated!
Luke Temple (of Here We Go Magic)
Jo Schornikow (of Phosphoresent)
Laura & Greg
& DJ Pumpkin Patch
Are you a freelancer, co-worker, artist, work from hom-er, unemployed? Or maybe you just hate your job. No office? No problem! Just because aren’t chained to a desk doesn’t mean you should let the midtown drone/zombie/suits of the world have all the fun this holiday season.
(It’s not in Greenpoint, but it’s just off the G and worth the trip!)
We’ll have all the trappings of a holiday affair — live-band karaoke from Bunnie England & The New Originals, dance tunes from DJs Brian Blackout & Spoolwork (Head On, YDH2S) and Mr. Nyse, a FREE photo booth by Marofoto, food and a holiday gift items raffle — and some too-cool-for-cubicle bonuses including $3 punch for the first hour ($5 after), sexy Santa and lady Santa, a set from the ladies of Handjob Academy and a special guest comedian!
Come join your favorite blogs and dance like your boss isn’t watching all night long.
Hosted by Jo Firestone, co-creator of Punderdome 3000 and the Tiny Comedy Club.
An unobstructed view of the Manhattan skyline presented itself once I passed through the gates of CitiStorage at 5 N. 11th St just before midnight.
The Empire State Building radiated red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet for Pride Weekend in the background. In the foreground, armies of red, green and blue specks bobbed and darted across the dance floor. A DJ battle, organized by Quiet Events and sponsored by the Greenpoint Chamber of Commerce, was being waged. Continue reading →
♥ My Bloody Masquerade Burlesque @ TBD (224 Franklin St) 8pm, Free before 12am, $5 after, wear a mask, devilish burlesque & ghoulish tunes by DJ Sam Hyde (a.k.a. Sal Paradise), prizes, zombie booth
• Ghosts & Ghouls Halloween Party @ St. Stan’s Post 1771 (519 Leonard St) 8pm, $20, beer, wine, snacks, live DJ, hosted by Sons of the American Legion
♫ Neon Halloween @ Cameo Gallery (93 N. 6th St) 1pm, $12, DJ sets by Neon Indiand & Chrome Crayon, Glow Goodies Provided
• Grand Opening Williamsburg East Side Flea Market @ PS 132 (320 Manhattan Ave) 11am-5pm, More info
• Howl – O – Ween Dog Costume Party & Contest @ McCarren Park Dog Run, 12pm-3pm, doggy photo portraits, a DJ, raffled prizes, and sponsor tables to connect local businesses with the community, More info
• Children’s Halloween Parade @ Polish & Slavic Center (176 Java St) 2-5pm, march down Manhattan Avenue to Driggs Avenue, and loop back to Java where a spooktacular movie/party will follow.
* Bushwick Halloween Photo Walk with Meryl Meisler @ Mam Joy’s (1084 Flushing Ave) 2pm, stroll the streets of Bushwick, talk to people we encounter and mainly take a lotsa pictures! Just like Meryl Meisler used to do in the 1980s. More info
• Very Spooky Boat Tour @ South Street Seaport, Pier 16, 4:30-6:30pm, $20, a twilight tour aboard a (possibly) haunted NYC Water Taxi up into the mysterious and meandering industrial waterway, Newtown Creek, More info
♫ Bardo Thodol Halloween Show with Flown / Delphic Sybil / Holy God / La Guadalupe / Rat Attack @ Secret Project Robot (389 Melrose St) 8pm
• Shuffleboard Competition @ The Diamond (43 Franklin St) 7:30pm, $6/team, $100 to Winners!
• Taboo Foods @ Public Assembly (70 No. 6th St) 7-9pm, Free Lecture by Masters of Social Gastronomy
*** HALLOWEEN – WEDNESDAY – 10/31 ***
♫ Hallowmas With World Inferno Friendship Society @ Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave) 7pm, $22
• Greenpoint Zombie Crawl, begins @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) 8pm, More info
* Greenpointers Toxic Codependent Halloween Dance Party @ Greenpoint Heights (278 Nassau Ave) 9pm, FREE, Music by Mr. NYSE, Kissing Booth, Couples Therapy Cocktail Special, Partner up as the most sick and twisted, messed up couple you can think of, RSVP
* Greenpointers’ Pick
♥ Pheremones Likely
♦ Art Event