While fans wait for the cookbook, Massih has shared his recipe for a “summery” treat he calls Rosey Fig and Ricotta Cake. See his recipe below.
Find last week’s Community Cookbook recipe here.
Edy’s Rosey Fig and Ricotta Cake
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1.5 cups of semolina flour
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of ricotta
- 1/2 cup of fig jam
- 1 tablespoon of rosewater
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of dried figs, chopped
- 5-6 fresh figs, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Brown sugar for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Line a 9” cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the semolina flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, ricotta, and rosewater until smooth. Fold into dry ingredients until fully combined and batter is formed.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the butter until soft. Mix in the fig jam and dried figs until fully combined.
- Fold melted butter, dried fig, and fig jam mixture into the cake batter and mix.
- Scrape cake batter into the oiled cake pan and place thinly sliced figs on the top of the cake. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and brown sugar to taste.
- Bake cake for 35-45 minutes at 350° until golden brown.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes. ENJOY!