Non-Toxic Nail “Saloon” Lili and Cata Brings the Ultimate Mani-Pedi Experience to Greenpoint
When getting a mani-pedi is one of the few times in a week you can sit back and relax, you want it to be the ultimate “me time” experience. For busy momtrepreneur Lilly Rojas, that means getting your nails done while sipping on wine (pending wine and beer license) or hot cappuccino in a beautiful tranquil setting – all while putting your health first.
That’s why she opened Lili and Cata (72 Greenpoint Ave), a non-toxic , cruelty-free, vegan nail salon set in a tranquil environment with plants peppered throughout, plush reclining velvet pedicure chairs, and crisp clean air with hints of freshly brewed coffee wafting in.
Lili and Cata is an inviting and warm space with a luxurious touch. The bright interior is accented with soft golds and flows naturally into the fully equipped espresso bar that is separated by greenhouse-like floor to ceiling windows. You can imagine the perfect gathering of friends here, and indeed it is available for private events – from bridal showers, birthday parties, company parties and more.
With the help of husband Jorge Rojas, who has a background in architecture and paid careful attention to every detail in the build-out of the space, Lili and Cata has created an experience as beautiful as they would expect in their own home. A family operation, the business is named after their daughters, who are also the inspiration behind their commitment to safety and environmental consciousness.
Here’s how Lili and Cata maintains the highest quality services and products:
- Use of non-toxic, vegan cruelty-free long-lasting nail lacquers that are free of nasty chemicals like formaldehyde, TPHP, and many more.
- Hygienic techniques in its Clean Cube to sanitize, disinfect, and sterilize every tool that is used in each service
- Waterless processes that are both eco-friendly and reduce the risk of foreign infections. Going waterless saves an estimated 12 to 15 gallons of water per service. It also eliminates the use of water jets which can often be full of germs. Plus soaking nails in water shortens the lifespan of your lacquer due to nail expansion and contraction.
- State-of-the-art ventilation system at each individual station to provide the cleanest and freshest air for every client
- Positive work environment for hard-working nail technicians by paying them fair wages and treating them with the respect they deserve.
Support small family-owned businesses and Lili and Cata’s mission by booking an appointment or buying a gift certificate for someone who deserves to be pampered!
Mention “Greenpointers” for a 20% discount through November 22nd. (For first-time customers only and cannot be combined with any other offers.)
They welcome walk-ins, but just to be safe, make sure to book online.
Husband and wife team Lilly and Jorge Rojas worked hard to bring the concept of a healthier beauty option to Greenpoint and are grateful for the neighbors who have warmly welcomed them. They hope to continue to be an oasis and a respite from the daily grind.
Lili and Cata has a fully equipped espresso bar and it is also waiting for the final approval of their tavern wine license, which will allow them to serve wine and beer.
Location: 72 Greenpoint Avenue (between Franklin St. and West St.)
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (10AM to 8PM), Sunday (11AM to 6PM), Closed on Mondays
Book an appointment: www.liliandcata.com (Walk-ins welcome but book online to ensure that they can provide service at your convenience.)
(Huge thanks to Lili and Cata for sponsoring this story and supporting local media.)