Brooklyn Craft Camp FLASH SALE!
$100 off with Code FLASH at checkout!
Brooklyn Craft Camp is a day-long DIY extravaganza taking place on Saturday, October 5. Enjoy modern craft and DIY workshops, great food (a Peter Pan donut breakfast and fancy lunch from a private Greenpoint chef!), cocktail hour, a DJ spinning vinyl, photo booth, and DIY nail art bar! Registration includes four 90-minute modern craft classes including terrariums, glass etching, stampmaking, sequin bracelets, suede tassels, knitted necklace, and more — from awesome Brooklyn-based teachers. ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Click here to get in on this awesome event!
• The Final Frontier: Star Trek Trivia @ The Trash Bar (256 Grand St) 7:30-10pm, FREE, Ok nerds– this one’s for you, game winners will receive $20 worth of synthohol (I’m guessing that’s Trekkie speak for alcohol), RSVP
♫ Parquet Courts / The Beets / Yuppies / Future Punx @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St) 8:30pm, $12, BUY TIX
* Punk Rope Happy Hour @ Capri Social Club (156 Calyer St) 9pm, FREE, Start off your night with a Punk Rope class at the Greenpoint Y (free for your 1st 3 visits) and end it with $5 pints of Zywiec, RSVP
♫ Benefit for Ms. Magoo @ Lulu’s (113 Franklin St) 9pm, $7-10, Help raise funds for Ms. Magoo, a King Charles Spaniel with one eye, a broken, tail, and a harrowing rescue story (she was saved by the band SUPER PILOTka in 2005 and now needs help with her veterinary bills), with performances by Martin Biki / SUPER PILOTka / Cinema Cinema
♫ Lorde @ Warsaw (261 Driggs) 7pm, $25, BUY TIX
♫ Missing Words (DJ Set) @ Coco66 (66 Greenpoint Ave) 9pm-1am, FREE, monthly vinyl soiree spinning the best in punk, soul, & indie
♫ Rock the Pulaski Benefit Concert @ North Brooklyn Boat Club (49 Ash St) 7pm, $5 (proceeds benefit the Boat Club), start Fall with what will surely be the best superfund site dance party of the season, with live performances by Noise & Rythm / STARINA / Silent Rider / Brandi & the Alexanders / Amerigogo, RSVP
♫ What Cheer? Brigade / Ski Lodge / Caged Animals @ Cheap Storage (49 Wyckoff Ave, Bushwick) 8pm,
♫ Young Male / Galcher Lustwerk / Volvox @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave) 10pm, FREE, $8
♫ Soul & Funk with DJ Bengey @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) 11:55pm-4am, FREE, Get down with your bad self at this late-night dance party (which is sure to be sufficiently raucous), RSVP
• Brooklyn Craft Camp @ Lutheran Church of the Messiah (129 Russell St) 10am-7pm, Register here
• Octoberfest @ The Habitat (988 Manhattan Ave) 12pm-11:45pm, FREE, Spend a full day imbibing German drafts like FRANZISKANER DUNKEL WEISS, plus snacks, More Info
• Pete’s Mini Zine Fest Storytelling @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 6:45-7:45pm, FREE, Zinester story time with Ellen Linder (of Littlewhitebird.com), Jess Ruliffson, & more, More Info
♫ Forest Fire (Record Release Party) / Shilpa Ray / Backwords @ Glasslands (289 Kent) 8pm, $10, BUY TIX
* Sugar Sweets Festival @ The City Reliquary (370 Metropolitan Ave) 10am-4pm, FREE, annual celebration of New York’s bakers, sweet-makers, and treat-lovers, with music, crafts, a baking competition (arrive 15 mins early to enter) and an all-donation bake sale, More Info
• Greenpointers Sunday Brunch #10 @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) noon-2pm, $35, Prepared by Clean Plate Co., Menu: Chevre Stuffed Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, Garlic-Herb Crumbs, Anchovy Vinaigrette / Cajun Shrimp & Creamy “Stone Ground” Grits / Cran-Apple Tarts, Pecan-Crumble, Local Honey, Whipped Cream / Choice of Beer or Wine, Reserve Now
♫ Butter the Children / Neighbors / Teen Girl Scientist Monthly / Clarence @ Cameo Art Gallery (93 N 6th St) 8pm, $8, BUY TIX
♫ Riverwild / Brandon Reilly / Vows @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 8:30pm, $10, BUY TIX
• Ernie Gehr’s Signal– Germany on the Air & Side/Walk/Shuttle @ Light Industry (155 Freeman St) 7:30pm, $7, Double feature of two Ernie Gehr movies, one filmed on the streets of West Berlin and the other from inside the glass elevator of San Francisco’s Fairmont Hotel, More Info
* Greenpointers’ Pick
# Foodie Event