Brooklyn Craft Camp FLASH SALE!
$100 off with Code FLASH at checkout!
Brooklyn Craft Camp is a day-long DIY extravaganza taking place on Saturday, October 5. Enjoy modern craft and DIY workshops, great food (a Peter Pan donut breakfast and fancy lunch from a private Greenpoint chef!), cocktail hour, a DJ spinning vinyl, photo booth, and DIY nail art bar! Registration includes four 90-minute modern craft classes including terrariums, glass etching, stampmaking, sequin bracelets, suede tassels, knitted necklace, and more — from awesome Brooklyn-based teachers. ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Click here to get in on this awesome event!
Receive What’s Happening? via email!
There are more events in our weekly calendar. Submit Greenpoint events, too!
• The Final Frontier: Star Trek Trivia @ The Trash Bar (256 Grand St) 7:30-10pm, FREE, Ok nerds– this one’s for you, game winners will receive $20 worth of synthohol (I’m guessing that’s Trekkie speak for alcohol), RSVP
♫ Parquet Courts / The Beets / Yuppies / Future Punx @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (66 N 6th St) 8:30pm, $12, BUY TIX
* Punk Rope Happy Hour @ Capri Social Club (156 Calyer St) 9pm, FREE, Start off your night with a Punk Rope class at the Greenpoint Y (free for your 1st 3 visits) and end it with $5 pints of Zywiec, RSVP
♫ Benefit for Ms. Magoo @ Lulu’s (113 Franklin St) 9pm, $7-10, Help raise funds for Ms. Magoo, a King Charles Spaniel with one eye, a broken, tail, and a harrowing rescue story (she was saved by the band SUPER PILOTka in 2005 and now needs help with her veterinary bills), with performances by Martin Biki / SUPER PILOTka / Cinema Cinema
♫ Lorde @ Warsaw (261 Driggs) 7pm, $25, BUY TIX
♫ Missing Words (DJ Set) @ Coco66 (66 Greenpoint Ave) 9pm-1am, FREE, monthly vinyl soiree spinning the best in punk, soul, & indie
♫ Rock the Pulaski Benefit Concert @ North Brooklyn Boat Club (49 Ash St) 7pm, $5 (proceeds benefit the Boat Club), start Fall with what will surely be the best superfund site dance party of the season, with live performances by Noise & Rythm / STARINA / Silent Rider / Brandi & the Alexanders / Amerigogo, RSVP
♫ What Cheer? Brigade / Ski Lodge / Caged Animals @ Cheap Storage (49 Wyckoff Ave, Bushwick) 8pm,
♫ Young Male / Galcher Lustwerk / Volvox @ Bossa Nova Civic Club (1271 Myrtle Ave) 10pm, FREE, $8
♫ Soul & Funk with DJ Bengey @ Manhattan Inn (632 Manhattan Ave) 11:55pm-4am, FREE, Get down with your bad self at this late-night dance party (which is sure to be sufficiently raucous), RSVP
• Brooklyn Craft Camp @ Lutheran Church of the Messiah (129 Russell St) 10am-7pm, Register here
• Octoberfest @ The Habitat (988 Manhattan Ave) 12pm-11:45pm, FREE, Spend a full day imbibing German drafts like FRANZISKANER DUNKEL WEISS, plus snacks, More Info
• Pete’s Mini Zine Fest Storytelling @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 6:45-7:45pm, FREE, Zinester story time with Ellen Linder (of Littlewhitebird.com), Jess Ruliffson, & more, More Info
♫ Forest Fire (Record Release Party) / Shilpa Ray / Backwords @ Glasslands (289 Kent) 8pm, $10, BUY TIX
* Sugar Sweets Festival @ The City Reliquary (370 Metropolitan Ave) 10am-4pm, FREE, annual celebration of New York’s bakers, sweet-makers, and treat-lovers, with music, crafts, a baking competition (arrive 15 mins early to enter) and an all-donation bake sale, More Info
• Greenpointers Sunday Brunch #10 @ Diamond Bar (43 Franklin St) noon-2pm, $35, Prepared by Clean Plate Co., Menu: Chevre Stuffed Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, Garlic-Herb Crumbs, Anchovy Vinaigrette / Cajun Shrimp & Creamy “Stone Ground” Grits / Cran-Apple Tarts, Pecan-Crumble, Local Honey, Whipped Cream / Choice of Beer or Wine, Reserve Now
♫ Butter the Children / Neighbors / Teen Girl Scientist Monthly / Clarence @ Cameo Art Gallery (93 N 6th St) 8pm, $8, BUY TIX
♫ Riverwild / Brandon Reilly / Vows @ Glasslands (289 Kent Ave) 8:30pm, $10, BUY TIX
• Ernie Gehr’s Signal– Germany on the Air & Side/Walk/Shuttle @ Light Industry (155 Freeman St) 7:30pm, $7, Double feature of two Ernie Gehr movies, one filmed on the streets of West Berlin and the other from inside the glass elevator of San Francisco’s Fairmont Hotel, More Info
* Greenpointers’ Pick
# Foodie Event