No No’s: plastic bags, wrappers, pouches or foam. (Bummer.)
Even so, it’s important to continue to reduce our use of plastic, as producing and recycling plastics uses a hefty amount of resources and energy.
Green Pointers: (get it?)
• opt for veggies in that aren’t shrink wrapped (Foxy lettuce, we’re looking at you)
• buy a reusable water bottles instead of bottled water – NYC tap water is clean and safe
• try living without plastic wrap and ziploc bags; trust me you can do it!
• instead of that tupperware that you lose all the lids for, store leftovers in a bowl covered with a small plate – works just as well
• use a canvas tote and say NO to evil plastic bags! You know that guilty feel you get when you forget your tote on line at the grocery store – it’s because satan made you do it…
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Greenpoint!