Things are getting back to normal but the more I look around, the more I realize how lucky we all are here in Greenpoint. Tomorrow we will have a comprehensive list of things you can do to help areas more negatively impacted by Sandy. Our hearts go out to The Rockaways, Red Hook & Lower Manhattan.
We are planning a local benefit (TBA) and will need donations from local businesses for a huge raffle with all proceeds to benefit Hurricane Sandy Relief. Please email greenpointers (at) gmail.com if you have something to donate.
• Volunteer Clean up McCarren Park on Saturday. Register here.
• Farmers Markets Resume This Weekend: Saturday @ McCarren* & Sunday @ McGolrick & Cooper. *No compost/textile drop-off
• In lieu of McGolrick Park Dog Halloween Parade, this Sunday 11/4 at 1pm Assemblyman Joe Lentol and District Dog will be partnering for a hurricane relief event to collect goods for Brooklyn residents and animal rescue organizations. Stay tuned for more details.
Updates (via @NYCMayorsOffice)
• NYC Schools to Open Monday 11/5
• Majority of Parks to reopen Saturday 11/4
• Buses Continue to Provide Service to Lower Manhattan While Subways Recover From Flooding
• Check MTA for info on Subway (G train suspended)
• East River Ferry Service Continues but will NOT stop at India St in Greenpoint