Sandy is clearly one of the most devastating storms NYC has ever seen. But the storm has passed and Greenpoint, Brooklyn – we were pretty lucky!
Updates (via @NYCMayorsOffice)
– 10 lives lost in NYC
– 23 serious fires, over 80 houses lost in Breezy Point
– Drinking Water is safe. More chlorine added as a precaution
– Water on the street “Don’t drink it!”
– Stay away from parks, trees
– Schools closed tomorrow (Wednesday)
– Biggest challenges are restoring power and mass transit
– Buses may be running by tomorrow
– Could be 3-5 days before subways are running.
– Airports remain closed
– East River Bridges Open
– Stay off roads to help emergency workers
– Only use 911 for life threatening emergencies
– Dial 311 for downed trees
– Shelters remain open
Be safe. Be smart.
Send photos and stories to Greenpointers at gmail.com