Remember to check our calendar for ongoing events. And you can submit events, too!
• Greenpoint Neighbors for Lincoln Restler @ Red Star (37 Greenpoint Ave.) 6:30-8pm, RSVP
• Lost Everything @ Word (126 Franklin St) 7pm, Brian Francis Slattery presents his new novel Lost Everything, in a launch party extravaganza accompanied by a performance by Dr. Caterwaul’s Cadre of Clairvoyant Claptraps.
*** ALL WEEKEND ***
♫ GYPSY TABOR 2012 Festival & Camp (5/18-20) @ Onderdonk House (1820 Flushing Ave, Ridgewood) $20/day, $35 – all weekend, Live music, DJs, yoga workshops, food, drink, informational lectures, dancing, camping, and celebrating world-roots and NYC’s immigrant culture are all on the menu, RSVP, More info
• Great Googa Mooga Festival @ Prospect Park (5/19-20) The Great GoogaMooga: n. an amusement park of food & drink; adj. something wonderfully great; excl. “oh my goodness!” or “how bout that! More info
♫ Free Kids Concert @ McGolrick Park (Monitor St & Driggs Ave.) Rain Location: Messiah Church (129 Russell St) 11am, Mrs. Crabapple puppet show, performance by Mike Messer, lead singer of The Dirty Sock Funtime Band, a collective chalk flower drawing
• Williamsburg Walks Volunteer Meeting @ Nag Office (Kent Ave @ N8th, 2nd Fl) or picnic table in East River State Park, 6pm, Williamsburg Walks is a series of car-free Saturday afternoons on Bedford Avenue. The idea is for people to use the closure to cars to rethink their public space & celebrate the neighborhood, on 3 Saturdays -rain or shine- June 9th, 16th, & 23rd, RSVP
♫ Flash @ Loreley BK (64 Frost St) 10pm, Live – Jorge Velez, DJs: Marcos Cabral, Ron Morelli, Love On The Run (Secret Rendevous), RSVP
♫ Perfect Stranger @ Europa (98 Meserole Ave) 10pm, $15, psytrance RSVP
♫ Infinity Spaceship Live Karaoke @ Saint Vitus Bar (1120 Manhattan Ave) 11pm, Free
* North Brooklyn Volunteer Fair @ McCarren Park Greenmarket (Driggs & Union) 10am-2pm, From soup kitchens to parks groups, we have brought together 20 organizations that utilize volunteers in North Brooklyn. This is a great opportunity to learn how you can connect to volunteer opportunities in Williamsburg and Greenpoint. RSVP
• Build It Green Grow NYC Block Party & Stop ‘N’ Swap @ Build It Green! NYC (3-17 26th Ave, Astoria) 12-3pm, More info
• Genie In a Bottle @ Kill Devil Hill (170 Franklin St) 1-5pm, Tell the genie your three wishes and she will make you a custom perfume of power.
* Genie In a Bottle @ Kill Devil Hill (170 Franklin St) 1-5pm, Tell the genie your three wishes and she will make you a custom perfume of power
* OCD Lecture: The Biggest Apple @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 7:30pm, Free, journalist Amy O’Leary for a panel discussion on population trends, urban planning, and the conceptual limits of density here in the Big Apple.
♫ Country Night @ Union Pool (484 Union Ave) 9pm, Free, Cowboy Mark & DJ Tony, a full night of vintage country music. Vinyl only always.
* Is Greenpoint Safe: Cleaning Up Our Neighborhood’s Toxic Legacy @ Anella Backyard (222 Franklin St) 7-8:30pm, Rain or Shine, drink specials, Get the real deal about the public health and environmental situation in Greenpoint and learn what we can do about it. Greenpoint residents Kate Zidar (Newtown Creek Alliance), Laura Hoffman (Organizations United for Trash Reduction and Garbage Equity – OUTRAGE), and Mike Schade (Center for Health, Environment, & Justice) share their expertise in a conversation moderated by Cara Cannella (Speak Easy Series).
* Greenpointers’ Pick