Check out more events on the calendar. You can submit events to it, too!
• Poker Unleashed Fundraiser @ TBD (224 Franklin St) 7:30pm, $100 to play, free to attend, benefits Dog Habitat Rescue
• Dinner with Eloisa James @ Le Gamin (108 Franklin St.) 7-8:30pm, $45, a special dinner and book talk. James will be introducing her memoir, Paris In Love, includes light dinner, drinks, and a copy of the new book.
♫ Party Time Excellent – Female DJs Only @ Trophy Bar (351 Broadway) 9:30pm, eSteady, Jenny Mörtsell & April Koester aka Luxxe Life celebrate the power of female spinning vinyl.
♫ The Bones of J.R. Jones & LadyBird @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St) 10pm, stomp blues & folk
♫ BIG EYES/DEAD DOG/MBATN/UNFUN/NUCLEAR SANTA CLAUST @ Death By Audio (49 S. 2nd St) 8pm, $8, All Ages
• Late Night Library Annual Party @ South 4th Bar (90 South 4th St.) 10pm-1am, Free, Late Night Library has invited Brooklyn- and Portland-based writers who have recently published debut novels or poetry collections to read in our home cities. Similar to last year’s Skyped reading, attendees in Brooklyn will be able see and listen to Portland readers in real time and vice versa, More info
• Automotive High School Class of 2012 Rising Phoenix Scholarship VIP Event @ Red Star Bar (37 Greenpoint Ave) 5-10pm, Support a scholarship created by Automotive High School to support their top seniors! $15 – Free drinks
• Gypsé Eyes Magazine The Food & Drink Issue Launch Party @ Domestic Construction (218 India St) 6-10pm, cocktails, beer and hor d’oeuvres plus awesome music, More info
• Mexico Judio @ Greenpoint Shul (104 Noble St) 7:30pm-9:30pm, $20, a pre-Cinco de Mayo celebration featuring cocktails, a Mexican dairy dinner and talk by Mexican-Jewish scholar Dr. Adina Cimet, More info
• goodgala @ goodyoga (73 Calyer St) 9pm, $25, food and beverage (+ beer & wine), live music, DJ sets, dancing, raffle prizes, auction. Proceeds go to fund to buy the building, More info
• Obscura Day: 13 Steps Around Dutch Kills @ Albert E. Short Triangle Park (Corner of Jackson Ave and 23rd St, LIC) 10am-2pm, Join Newtown Creek Alliance Historian Mitch Waxman for an intense exploration of Newtown Creek’s Dutch Kills tributary, BUY TIX
• Flea Market @ Dupont Street Senior Housing Parking Lot (Eagle betw. Franklin & Manhattan) 10am-5pm, All kinds of “treasures” will be for sale: clothes, books, dishes, pots, other, etc. Rain or Shine.
• First Annual Brooklyn Mustard Festival @ TBD (224 Franklin St) 12-5pm, FREE, a celebration of the world’s most popular condiment, Meat Hook, sausages and Sigmund’s soft pretzels, More info
♫ Alston DJs @ No Name Bar (597 Manhattan Ave) 10pm, 50s, 60s, 70, soul, funk, garage, old rock
• Craft Pop-Up Shop @ SEW Moni (330 So. 3rd St) 11am-5pm, FREE, showcasing all things handmade from clothing to fashion accessories, décor items, stationary and more, More info
♫ METALOCALYPSE Season 4 Premiere Party @ Saint Vutus Bar (1120 Manhattan Ave) 8-10pm, More info
* Greenpointers’ Pick