• SoulCare @ Veronica People’s Club (105 Franklin) 7:30pm, enjoy a de-stressing exercise and discuss the highs and lows of our work weeks. All are welcome! Bring your friends, co-workers, anyone!
* 100 Proof Project @ The Knitting Factory (Metropolitan at Havemeyer) 8pm, ten competing artists and four mixologists will present their Southern Comfort-inspired art and drink, alongside a live performance from Brooklyn band Radical Dads, More info
• The Future of Us with Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler @ WORD (126 Franklin) 7-8pm, It’s 1996, and Emma and Josh are just discovering AOL. When they first log on, they discover themselves on Facebook (which doesn’t even exist yet) … RSVP
♫ Notekillers/Kype Malone/Greg Fox//Kid Millions/Bernard Gann @ Union Pool (484 Union) $8, 9pm, A three-ring circuit of cross-fading solos, duos, trios & big bands, RSVP
• Newtown Creek CAG Meeting @ Arts@Renaissance (2 Kingsland Ave) 5-7pm
• Compendium 2012 Launch @ Vaudeville Park (26 Bushwick Ave) 6-11pm, Art, performance & discussion, organizers share artistic practices, speak about communities needs, and begin to construct a “living compendium.” Artists: Cat Gilbert, Alexander Barton, Aaron Howard. RSVP
• The Grand Opening @ The Grand Victory (245 Grand) 9pm, No Cover, drink special, $1 Rolling Rock, Free Jameson at Midnight, Born Loose & The Threads Perform RSVP
• Bicycle Classes @ Silk Road Cycles (76 Franklin) All day, stop in, grab a cup of coffee and learn how to change a flat
A Flight of 5 Tastings of Barley Wines, Old Ales & Strong Ales
♫ Holler @ The Way Station (683 Washington Ave, Crown Heights) 9pm, Greenpoint-based country folk band plays music that dreams of horses, farms, trees, and country roads
• Hye Yeon Nam Presents: Touching Anomaly @ 3rd Ward (195 Morgan, Bushwick) 7-9:30pm, Skeletons will wave. Guns will shoot silent discomfort. Tongues will move cars. This is the delightful and surprising work of new media artist, Hye Yeon Nam, who combines technology and engineering with her personal history as a Korean immigrant RSVP
• Organic Lust works by Kenneth Ian @ Yes Gallery (147 India), Opening Reception 7-10pm, Kenneth Ian’s depicts organic forms which naturally blend together to create patterns replicating nature’s perfection. RSVP
• Warehouse Evett @ From The Source (69 West) 50% Off Selected Styles, 35,000 sq. ft of space
* FEAST in Brooklyn @ Lutheran Church of the Messiah (129 Russell) 5-8pm, A recurring public dinner designed to use community-driven financial support to democratically fund new and emerging art makers, RSVP
* Jordan-Whitfield @ Gleason’s Boxing Gym (77 Front St, DUMBO) Opening Reception 7-10pm, A two painting art show by Josh Jordan & Barnaby Whitfield inside a 6x6x6ft white cube, inside a boxing ring. Curated by Ugly Art Room’s Martin Esteves. Wear rubber soles to climb into the ring to view the artwork. Sponsored by Narragansett Brewery. RSVP
* 4th Chili Cook-Off @ The Habitat (988 Manhattan) 6pm, Taste chili from 10 contestants and win raffles!
• Ze Couch Series @ 27 Arion Place #416, Bushwick, 7:30-10:30pm, Duo Fung Chern Hwei: Violin & Keaton Atkins: trumpet (Malaysia/USA), Duo Josh Deutsch: trumpet & Nico Soffiato: guitar (IT/USA), Steve Swell trombone solo (USA), Donation, BYOB, RSVP
• Russian Tongue: Images of Nostalgia with Sasha Rudensky @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer) FREE LECTURE, 7:30pm, Can one ever go home again? The unanswered question is the subject of Sasha’s photographs, which trace the broken lines of family, culture, and identity to portray her former Russian homeland.
* Greenpointers’ Pick