• Bike Share Demonstration @ Bowling Green 11am-3pm – More Info
• Islam by James Olszewski @ Ascension (127 Kent St) – After 6:30 worship. Stonybrook professor teaches a class exploring “the most misunderstood religion.”
• Brooklyn Food Conference @ Lutheran Church of the Messiah (129 Russell) 7pm – To discuss food justice, access, sustainability and security.
• What the Hell Are You Doing? with David Shrigley@ Word (126 Franklin) 7pm – authortalks about new book, Q&A, get “inked” with sharpies & enter for a chance to win a tattoo from East River Tattoo, lemonade & donuts
• Year One Art Show @ Fowler Arts Collective (67 West) Opening Reception 6-9pm – group exhibition of Fowler’s resident studio artists, $10 raffle for major prizes from local shops and restaurants RSVP
• Chills n’ Fever @ The Bedford (110 Bedford) Greenpoint’s Cowboy Mark & Tony spin Oldies All Night Long! FUN!
• Ascension’s 165th Annual Parade & Block Party: Assemble 9:30 @ Driggs & Manhattan. 10 am parade up Manhattan. 11am Thanksgiving Service @ Ascension (127 Kent St) 11:30 – Kent St. Block Party !!!
• Oktoberfest @ Brouwerij Lane (78 Greenpoint Ave) Sat. & Sun. All Day, beer, pretzels, sausage.
• Project Collective Presents When Ends Meat @ The End (13 Greenpoint Ave @ West) 7pm until late. $5 – music by Supercrush, local artwork curated by Ava Hassinger. Proceeds are donated to Brooklyn High School of the Arts.
• Annual Parish Picnic @ St. Stanislaus Kostka Church (Driggs & Newel) 11:30am-6pm, food, dancing, raffles and games for kids. Fun for all!
• Dine Out Irene @ Participating Restaurants. 10% of sales donated to Just Food and GrowNYC to benefit NY area farmers hard hit by the hurricane. Nearby spots: The Brooklyn Kitchen, Robicellis, LIC Market, Franny’s
• SASS Presents: The Holy Crusades! @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer) 7-8:30pm, Society for the Advancement of Social Studies
monthly Monday lecture series explores how “Christianity got its groove back,” games, themed drink RSVP
WEDNESDAY 9/28 – Rosh Hashanah Dinner @ Greenpoint Shul (108 Noble St) 7pm, $21/mem, $26/non-mem. Dinner Thursday 9/29, too. Buy Tix
• Want to take a Basic Drawing Class at Ascension with Bob Corr? Interest & more info email ascensionbrooklyn (at) gmail.com.
• Starting this weekend Eastern District (1053 Manhattan) will be open every Friday & Saturday until 9pm!
• Starting Monday, September 26, you can dine at Goodyoga (73 Calyer) every weeknight, or take out your meal in a stainless steel tiffin lunchbox. Pre-order – 20 meals for $200/month. Yum!
Send event listings to greenpointers (at) gmail.com.