Upcoming this weekend is the highly anticipated Go Green! Go Greenpoint! Earth Day Celebration at McCarren Park. Earth Day is close to my heart since it’s one of my sisters birthday and she happens to be the one who’s very into saving the environment and green living – guess she’s living up to her birth date!
Go Green! Go Greenpoint! Earth Day Celebration
Saturday, Apr 19, 2008
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Join us for North Brooklyn’s first Earth Day celebration. Tons of fun for everyone!
The day will include:
- Educational programs presented by local schools, community groups, companies, and individuals displaying research or art projects designed to enhance our understanding of our environment
- Recycling stations for bicycles and electronic equipment
- Contests, including a scavenger hunt
- Writing, recycling poster design, artwork using recycled materials, and street tree bed design (and, of course tree planting)
- Health & wellness demos/classes, including judo, yoga, etc.
- Vendors with enviro-friendly merchandise
- Live music and dance performances
Go Green! Greenpoint! is sponsored by Town Square, a volunteer community-based organization in Greenpoint/Williamsburg.
April is MillionTreesNYC Month! What’s MillionTreesNYC? It’s a citywide, public-private initiative with an ambitious goal: to plant and care for one million new trees across the City’s five boroughs over the next decade.
Location: McCarren Park, behind the Field House, Lorimer Street between Bedford and Driggs avenues
Phone number: (718) 609-1090