Saturday, September 23rd, 2-6PM @Greenpoint Beer & Ale (7 North 15th St) Come enjoy unlimited blue claw crab for 90 minutes served with potatoes and corn, topped with KnicKnacksbk special seasoning. And what goes better with crabs than beer – which is available a la carte (extra cost). Find a session that fits you and join us so you can eat all you can! Tickets will sell out fast, don’t be the one to miss out again! Buy tix [Sponsored]
* Yom Kippur @The Williamsburg Hotel (96 Wythe Ave), 10am, FREE, Join the Chabad of North Brooklyn for Yom Kippur services with Hebrew-English prayer books and insights in the the many Holiday prayers throughout. Yom Tov! More Info
* Yoga for Witches @Catland (987 Flushing Ave), 6:30pm, $15, Tarot-inspired yoga class designed to heal and hone your magical intuition and manifestation. Bring your own mat, Buy tix
♦ Sundance Kidd at Two Boots @ Two Boots Williamsburg (558 Driggs Ave), 7pm, FREE, Local photographer Sundance Kidd showcases work from close to 1000 shots he took between going to shows, private work, and also working for LEAP NYC. Pay as you wish pricing for prints. 100% of art sales will be donated to a non-profit that focuses on music education for youth. FREE beer from 8-8:30PM, RSVP
♦ Napoleon Dynamite Screening @ Bushwick Inlet Popup Outdoor Cinema (50 Kent Ave), 8pm, FREE,Join Friends of Bushwick Inlet Park for an outdoor movie screening of classic indy deadpan comedy NAPOLEON DYNAMITE in view of the majestic Gotham City skyline! More Info
Brooklyn Comedy Festival Closing Weekend begins on Thursday, September 20th and runs through Sunday, September 23rd. @Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave) with multiple stages featuring podcasts, film, stand-up, panels, and more! Buy tix and learn more.
♫ Caché | Afro House Sunset @The Roof (74 Wythe Ave), 5pm, No Cover, Close this summer strong with some Afro House, More Info
# DIY Vegan Cheese with Contraband Ferments @ Anima Mundi Apothecary (31 Noble St) 7pm, $40, Learn to make your own dairy free and probiotic rich nut-based cheeses. Basic principles behind making cheese using a variety of nuts and seeds plus basic skills in fermentation, the history behind fermentation, and a variety of ways to make soft and hard rind cheeses, Buy tix
^ Pete’s Reading Fall Season Opener @ Pete’s Candy Store (709 Lorimer St), 7:30pm, FREE, Four remarkable readers, and a special benefit for RAICES, The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services. Come hear them read, then linger to chat, drink, and pick up their books, More info
♦ Still/Here @ UnionDocs (322 Union Ave), 7:30pm, $10, NYC premiere of Christopher Harris’ film, still/here . Harris paints a portrait of civic neglect and apathy in his hometown of St Louis’s northside neighborhoods that are inhabited by almost exclusively working class and working poor black and African American populations, Buy tix Continue reading
Category: Art/Music, Culture, Eat & Drink, What's Happening?
Tags: A/D/O, AgTech X, Anima Mundi, Anima Mundi Apothecary, Ba'sik, bembe, brooklyn bazaar, Brooklyn Brewery, brooklyn comedy festival, Brooklyn Night Market, bulletin, Bushwick Inlet Park, Catland, crab bash, Extra Fancy, gamba forest, Greenpoint Beer, greenpoint beer and ale, Kingsland Wildflowers, Magick City, north brooklyn boat club, pete's candy store, Revolution Me Film Festival, rock the pulaski, Saint Vitus, saint vitus bar, St. Mazie Bar, Syndicated Bar, The Brooklyn Brewery, The Kingsland, The Roof, the Smilist, The Williamsburg Hotel, time's up, two boots, UnionDocs, Videology, Warsaw, yom kippur
On June 3 & 4th, 400 local artists will open their doors to the public and showcase works and works in progress during this year’s Greenpoint Open Studios! Check out the the full schedule of events here!
There are more events in our weekly calendar! Submit Greenpoint events, too!
* Fight the Feed @ Legion Bar (790 Metropolitan Ave) 8pm, $10, How do you really affect change? Does marching in the street actually reach the offices of power, or do you need to get a meeting in those offices before they’ll really listen. We break down the protest memes, and get to what really makes a difference, Buy tix
♫ Bad History Month, Dust from 1000 Yrs, Yazan @ Park Church Co-Op (129 Russell St) 8pm, An intimate show of solo performances, More info
♫ Deep Space Brooklyn @ Output (74 Wythe Ave) 10pm, $10, Known as an adventure into future dub, spacey vibes, and abstract grooves, Deep Space features dj’s, musicians, dancers and poets who represent a breathtaking range of styles celebrating dub’s impact on so many forms of art, Buy tix Continue reading
Category: What's Happening?
Tags: Archestratus Books and Food, bar matchl, bar matchless, black flamingo, brooklyn bazaar, Brooklyn Bowl, dobbin st, flux factory, gamba forest, good room, gos2017, Greenpoint Open Studios, Le fanfare, legion bar, Muchmore's, music for the masses, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Narayana Integrative Center, new women space, Output, Park Church Co-Op, punk rock yoga, Saint Vitus, saint vitus bar, San Damiano Mission, schimanski, Summer Thunder, Sundown Sessions, The Good Room, the hollows, the hollows filmhouse, time's up, union pool, UnionDocs, Videology, Warsaw, warsaw concerts, what's happening, william vale, William Vale Hotel
There are more events in our weekly calendar! Submit Greenpoint events, too!
* BAE // the gratitude edition @ Tender Trap (66 Greenpoint Ave) 6pm, $5-10, A celebration of the organic movement of Brooklyn’s underground Art & Music scene. 10% of proceeds go to Planned Parenthood of NYC and Sacred Stone Camp, More Info
♦ Metanoesis: Opening at The Hollows Artspace @ The Hollows (151 Bedford Ave) 7pm, FREE, “Metanoesis” exhibits systems of materials that are emblematic of their artists’ inferences after their experiences of noetic moments, RSVP
♫ GIVE Thanks w/ TOTH, JunXion, Afrokinetic @ Good Room (98 Messerole Ave) 9pm, $10-$15, A night of song, dance and giving thanks. 20% go towards Give a Beat, a unique channel for activism and philanthropy, Buy Tix
Happy Thanksgiving, Greenpoint! We are so thankful for our community, neighborhood, and friends. Plus we’re getting a park and holiday lights! If you’re not homebound this day, check out these Greenpoint spots where you can eat and spend time with your neighborhood fam!
* Black Friday Family Bowl @ Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave Ave) 11am, No Cover, Bring the whole family and get your bowl on. Food by Blue Ribbon will also be available, as well as local brews & more! More info
# The Leftovers: Friday After Thanksgiving Potluck @ Experiment Comedy Gallery (272 Grand St) 4:30pm, FREE, Bring your leftovers to share! We’re having a potluck, and we can’t wait to side with you as you recount your argument with your Drunk Uncle Ted!, RSVP
* Brooklyn Swings presents: Cookie Night! @ Brooklyn Swings Williamsburg (231 Ainslie St) 7pm, $5-10, Bring a cookie, learn a short solo routine, dance!, More info
♫ A Dingo Stole My Baby’s @ Baby’s All Right (146 Broadway) 8pm, $10, A night of fine Australian music in NYC, More info
♫ Sci+Tec Showcase @ Output (74 Wythe Ave) 10pm, $45, Dubfire from open to close plus Johnny Trika, Julia Govor, Lancaster, Raul Racio in the Panther Room, More info
* Small Business Saturday Soiree @ Dusty Rose (251 Greenpoint Ave) 12pm, FREE, Independent makers bring you a ton of gifts that will make giving feel good this holiday season. Spiced cider (with “adult” options), More info
♫ WILD FEST Brooklyn @ Brooklyn Bazaar (150 Greenpoint Ave) 7pm, $25, A Benefit for the Mcallister Family Memorial Fund with Iron chic, Laura Stevenson, Worriers, Nude Beach, Shellshag, Outskirts + more special guests, More info
♫ THX FAM Givin’: Benefit Show to Fight Sexual Assault @ Muchmore’s (2 Havemeyer St), 9PM, $8, Dance off those Thanksgiving gains with tasty beats and sweet grooves. 100% of proceeds donated to Rainn.org to help victims of sexual assault and violence, More info
♫ DISCOTECHNIQUE: The White Party @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave), 10PM, $0-25, Elegance. Opulence. Clean lines. Bright looks. An iconic white party to tribute an iconic era of music – Disco, Buy tix
* Women & Trans Bike Repair Workshop @ Time’s Up! Brooklyn (99 South 6th) 1:30pm, FREE, Learn the basics of bicycle repair from female mechanics designed by women and for women. No previous experience with bicycle repair required, More info
* Lunation A New Moon in Sagittarius Kundalini Shakti Transmission @ Golden Drum (97 Green St) 5pm $25, During this Lunation we will use Kundalini Shakti, a New Moon ritual and the power of the truth seeking Sagittarius to manifest and walk our truth in an larger than life Sagittarius way, More info
♫ Uncle Meg Album Release Party @ Don Pedro (90 Manhattan Ave) 6:30pm, $8, Post-Thanksgiving album release party with Paco The G Train Bandit, Uncle Meg with performance by Jon DEBT, and more, RSVP
* Match Cuts Presents: Chantal Akerman’s One Day Pina Asked… @ Spectacle Theatre (124 South 3rd St) 7:30pm, $5, An encounter between two of the most remarkable women artists of the 20th century, a look at the work of choreographer Pina Bausch and her Wuppertal, Germany-based dance company, More info
♫ Benefit for Planned Parenthood @ Sunnyvale (1031 Grand St) 8pm, $10, With Dreamcrusher, Razzle Dazzle, LAW$UITS, Rodenticide, and Guido (Mem. Deli Girls), RSVP
# Flavors of Cambodian Cooking @ Brooklyn Kitchen (100 Frost St) 6:30pm, $95, Light, fresh, and vibrant, Cambodian food tends to be less well known than that of its Thai and Vietnamese neighbors. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to explore, taste, and learn to love this special Southeast Asian cuisine! More info
♦ No 26: Requiem For A Dream (Recut, Remixed, Rescored) @ House of Yes (2 Wyckoff Ave) 7pm, $12-$100, A live audio visual take on Requiem for a Dream. The film will be re-cut, re-scored and re-imagined using live musicians, dancers, an audio visual artist and 3D video projection mapping, More Info
♦ Rally+Rise: Party for Planned Parenthood (Recut, Remixed, Rescored) @ Bar Matchless (557 Manhattan Ave) 7pm, $0-$50, Learn more about how you can get involved with Rally + Rise’s lobbying efforts to pass laws in New York that will protect our rights—no matter what happens in Washington. DJs and 2-for-1 drinks all night, all proceeds go to Planned Parenthood, More Info
* Greenpointers Pick
^ Literary Event
♦ Art Event
☺ Comedy Event
# Foodie Event
♥ Pheremones Likely
Category: What's Happening?
Tags: Baby's All Right, Bar Mathchless, brooklyn bazaar, Brooklyn Bowl, brooklyn kitchen, Brooklyn Swings, Don Pedro, dusty rose, Experiment Comedy Gallery, Golden Drum, good room, House of Yes, Muchmore's, Output, Spectacle Theatre, Sunnyvale, tender trap, thanksgiving, the hollows, things to do, time's up, what's happening
(sponsored) Dina Gadia: Non Mint Copy Opening Reception
Owen James Gallery, 61 Greenpoint Ave, Suite 315
May 8th, 6pm, FREE
Dina Gadia is a mixed-media artist who subverts the artifice often found in the commercial and popular culture influences in her native Philippines. Through her reuse of vintage material, Gadia reveals the inherent antagonism and prejudices applied to elements of taste, cultural imperialism, sexuality, and nationalism. More info
There are more events in our weekly calendar. Submit Greenpoint events, too!
* Bullshit Olympics @ Videology (308 Bedford Ave) 7pm, FREE, A safe space where artists and performers gather to celebrate the pretentious highlights of their artistic and intellectual pasts, More info
^ Outer Space Is Infinite and Empty and So Am I @ Mellow Pages Library (56 Bogart St) 7pm, FREE, Readings from John Mortara / Sarah Jean Grimm / Anna Meister / Sabra Embury / Hannah Lilith Assadi / Bud Smit, RSVP
* Lucha Lubre @ Don Pedro’s (90 Manhattan Ave) 8pm, $10, The world’s only lube-based Lucha Libre wrestling federation, More info
Category: Events, What's Happening?
Tags: awkwafina, Baby's All Right, Don Pedro's, house of vans, lovegun, Mellow Pages Library, over the eight, pete's candy store, Reverse Gallery, Standard Toykraft, STREB, textile arts center, time's up, Triskelion Arts, UnionDocs, Videology, WORD bookstore, wythe hotel